Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Man this loving sucks. Reddit sucks and I’m not a fan of discord. Any offsite replacement forum is going to have a fraction of a fraction of the userbase.

Here’s hoping that lowtax sells the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Jerusalem posted:

Check out the Let's Play archive, I don't know if they still do it but back when I did SSLPs they had set up a handy archiver that would hunt through a thread and pull out all your specific posts including images and zip them up. Until they made the waffleimages script, the LP Archive was the only complete record I had of my own threads. You should be able to apply it to any thread on the forums, I'm pretty sure.

JRu just want to say that I stumbled upon your Scotsman in Egypt LP on the archive waaaaay back and it was one of the main reasons I joined SA, so thanks.

Man this really feels like the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. I was holding up with all the other poo poo in 2020, but between all the poo poo that’s coming out in wrestling and now potentially losing the only online community I’ve actually felt a part of I’m reaching my breaking point. :smith:

sorry to get all sadbrains, and I know that it’s selfish to want the forums to survive if it means supporting an abuser. I just wish it didn’t have to be this way.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Rarity’s quoting a different forums meltdown

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

SA Forums Poster posted:

Its been around 12 hours since the OP was posted, any news on an alternative forum, or buying SA from lowtax?

FWIW it sounds like Jeffrey from YOSPOS has contacted lowtax trying to buy the site from him but afaik he never responded. Granted that was like 8 hours ago and I can’t keep up with the GBS thread.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This is a real glowing endorsement of this new place

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Has Lowtax even made any statements yet or is he just committed to hiding and hoping this'll all blow over?

I saw a screenshot of him posting a Facebook comment saying “ the legal system is skewed against men”. I have no idea if that was current or from one of his other domestic violence accusations though.

If this is new it seems like he’s digging in and denying wrongdoing.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

what wrasslin move would you wish to see lowtax receive?

I'm thinking lionsault tombstone

orienteering with napalm death

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is a new jack stabbing a wrestling move?

The ol new jack special of yeeting him off a scaffold

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This is probably the best possible realistic outcome, even if it’s not the perfect outcome. I’m glad the forums will still exist and not be fractured (much).

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

weekly font posted:

good start but two mods need to go too

It’s time for the SuperMod Shakeup™️

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

I’m going with Occam’s razor that this is real and not some convoluted conspiracy that Jeffrey and the admins are pretending to take over while lowtax continues to be the Higher Power.

Granted this is also the squad of brain geniuses that backed up the nazi hunt plan so :shrug:

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Them and Bird.

When people say bird are they referring to LITERALLY A BIRD(aka LITERALLY AN ADMIN) or is there another poster whose name is just “bird”

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The admin.

drat, she always seemed chill when I lurked in PYF :smith:

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

The only good subforum is coupons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Onion bubs

Onion bubs is way better than regular bubs, but he’s no Thnikkaman