Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I uhh made some of the best friends of my life here in PSP. I don't wanna think of what my life would have been like the last eight years without the friends I made. If I leave here today I leave with no regrets, except that Cavauro never played Mario Kart 8 with me, or that Hulkamatt probated me for an entire day for posting the word cum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I hope FatherDog is doing alright, living his best life

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

what in the world

Uh huh

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MotU posted:

New Jersey, aka the Only Good State

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think it would behoove a lot of us if we all posted a lot less honestly. Take some time to be alone with your thoughts, for a little bit. Read, but like, a book, not posts

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The hosed thing is, there's gonna be terrible goons who are satisfied that this means he's innocent.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

Pretty much everyone seems to be going "holy poo poo she looks terrified what the christ"

Oh no doubt it's obvious, anyone with half a drop of empathy can see what's going on. I just hope that if any people are convinced by this that nothing wrong happened, that they're small in number and are told to gently caress off

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My very close friend and occasional podcast partner Dickeye is a big cheese at Bread and Roses, I intend on joining there. But I stand by what I said, a number of us should work on our crippling Posting Addictions

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I hope the new mod is one of my friends so I can point them at the trolls and sycophants whenever they call me niennoob

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I own sa now

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yea ok

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There's a world of difference between cautious optimism and calling anyone who doesn't immediately spit on this news a sheep

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

online is messy

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Onion bubs

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've had Goldbelly cookies before, they're fine. When it comes to bougie New York cookies I'm a Levain or Milk Bar loyalist. Honestly, you can make cookies just as good or honestly better than them from the comfort of your own kitchen. Even if you wanted to only use high quality ingredients it would still probably only run you <$40, with enough material to make much more than 10 cookies a pop. Do not spend $100 for ten okay cookies like a loving psycho.

This has been a good cookie recipe for me recently. You can switch out the chocolate chips for a lot of things like mini Reece's cups or whites chocolate macadamia nuts, very adaptable recipe:

https://youtu.be/ylxzfecackM

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think the mod should be Seth Rollins, or Drew McEntyre

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

I have poured a salt ring around this post as a protective ward against the curse of being a mod. Emptyquote this post to protect yourself as well

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Camauro

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm an mma expert.
Kevin Ferguson

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Make Oatgan come back against his will

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MotU posted:

MMA mod should be based on who lives closest to or if you have relatives that live in Tom's River, NJ

I live approximately twelve minutes from Toms River. please don't do this to me I put the salt circle down already.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

J-ru Dreams Of Sixers

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNoob

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Warms my heart how much we all collectively love Cav and reject any dumb poo poo who comes at him. He's my dad, and I will defend him with my body if necessary (IF necessary)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

Lol cav is one of like 7 people here who actually has substance behind their posts.

That's right

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

Cool, so mixed with the actual gimmick posts, as per your words, are the posts I'm supposed to take seriously. Right.

You are correct though. I just browse this place and get some interesting gossip and news from here, I'll never contribute anything meaningful, which is ok. It's just so tiresome when this guy barges in with the essays about "I'm being serious, but I'm not actually, but seriously...." about all manner of things. which makes others laugh, but I'm just not understanding the punchline. That's on me, and i thought best to bring it up in the rules thread as opposed to elsewhere, so it won't spill over.

https://youtu.be/2_i_yWlEi_s

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've got my strong, let's say "mixed" feelings about how the mods of PSP have been but I have nothing but love and appreciation for how CJ2 has been handling things. Gives me genuine hope for the future of this subforum

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mod Seth Rollins Drew McEntyre

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Perish the thought of approaching the pro wrestling Internet forum with levity.

EDIT: bring back Jokey Jokes Discourse 2020

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 25, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly put. Seconded.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I personally disagree that the only mistakes they have committed have been "Having A Life".

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think there have been some incredibly foolish and wrong probations that have happened in the recent past that should not go unaccounted for.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I was a fan of CJ2 before he was IK'd, personally.

:glomp:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The "don't ever talk about mod problems publicly" philosophy sucks poo poo, imo.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think this is an issue that can, should, and hopefully will be resolved amicably without resorting to rule changes or mod buttons. I disagree harshly with the idea of banning certain topics for jokes, while also believing we should all try our bests personally to be respectful of our fellow posters' wishes. I think the incident with the hornyposting should have been resolved this way when people initially were asking kindly to slow it down and we obviously failed.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I know that tensions have been high, both on the forums and in the world in general, but can we as a community take an effort to stop responding to people we disagree with as if they're posting in bad faith? EMF's post broke my heart today and it made me just so unbelievably angry at everyone (myself included I've been guilty of this in the past) who constantly antagonized them as if they were posting actively malicious content.

Like, not make a new official rule or anything. But stop treating everyone as if they're trying to hurt you with their opinions.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think my initial suggestion of "don't immediately assume everyone you disagree with over something banal is a bad faith racist or whatever" has become a bit twisted.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Didn't think this would be a controversial suggestion but ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

All very well said. I used to love posting in the AEW thread because it was light and fun and filled with jokes. But now it's just dour and miserable, for the reasons stated. And like, people have a right to be upset about these things in wrestling and post about them (to a certain degree), but I'm not gonna pretend it's an environment I'm particularly jazzed about hanging out in.