Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Call Benjamin Linus because we need to move this island NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

While I enjoy posting here I know that it also contributes to a lot of my bad and unproductive tendencies. But I probably also shouldn’t pretend I’m gonna automatically get my poo poo together if I don’t have a forum to read anymore. Anyways, I’ve enjoyed the wednesdays and the frogs y’all.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Never thought I’d go down posting side by side with a scoopster

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I don’t know what any of this drama is about but the collapse of SA, multiple offshoot forums, infighting about where to go to next before most of those options end up dying or becoming insane hellholes all seems like we’re right on course

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

im glad i didnt have to sign up for any of the offshoots that will mostly certainly implode in insane drama

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Every mod should have to undergo a quarterly review conducted by top posters

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I registered a new account because I kept getting harassing PMs from a certain poster who is no longer allowed to post in PSP (but is allowed to post everywhere else hint hint) and this account intentionally doesn’t have plat so I don’t have to deal with weirdo PMs so I’m gonna say “take it to PMs” isn’t a good solution for most things

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Endless Mike posted:

It certainly makes more sense than spending $10 on a new account without platinum.

But then you couldn't be JUNGLE BOY so maybe it's an improvement.

I preferred to have a fresh start with no weirdos keeping track of my posts. Worth the $10 for me

Edit: it was worth the $10 before I knew Lowtax was a serial abuser. I’d prob just leave and never come back if it happened now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I was part of the crew of folks that got really unsettling PMs during All Out weekend when he was forced to take a long vacation and it really made me spend a few weeks reevaluating whether I wanted to continue being a part of this community.

I’m glad I stuck around though, most of y’all are awesome people

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dr. Baker posted:

I don't like the constant pedophilia jokes made in the threads lately. Everyone has their triggers and that is mine.

I don’t like the constant elevating of pedophiles on national television

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

STAC Goat posted:

I think there's a few basic ideas that we should just strive for.

- Be respectful, even if the other person isn't.
- Act in good faith and assume the other party is as well unless they prove they aren't.
- Debate, don't attack.
- Go after ideas, not posters.

That's not always easy. I fail on one or all of them frequently. But like we sometimes actively reject them in the name of a joke or :decorum: ideas, especially with serious and emotional subjects. And I don't think that really accomplishes anything except amuse the in group and potentially drive someone off or maybe even cause some harm.

If we’re gonna create space for another bad faith poster like the Saudi Arabia transphobe to abuse good will and ruin threads again I’m noping the gently caress out of here. This forum was far too lenient for far too long on multiple posters that drove off actual members of the community. There are numerous posters that started watching wrestling in the past year and they weren’t run off so I’m not sure what problem we’re trying to solve here.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nah, it's just that the bad faith racists love to talk about being racists so you really don't need to assume. Ask them, they'll either tell you they're bad faith racists or they tell you they're not and they really meant xyz and everyone stays chill.

I think I’m on a different version of the internet than you.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The problem is there aren’t any real examples of the subforum going to 11 on a new poster for no reason, but there is an abundance of examples of toxic bad faith posters of various stripes being allowed to fester and eat an occasional probe for months or years until they feel emboldened enough to start getting more overt about their racism, transphobia, etc.

And in the months or years it takes to finally oust that person because we’re not allowed to confront bad faith posters or call it like it is and we have to “take it to PMs” and subject ourselves to further harassment, well intentioned long time members of the community are actual the ones who get run off out of frustration.

That has played out over and over again, and really enough is enough. I would love to see an honest example of what we’re talking about when we’re talking about running off new posters who aren’t trying to stir the pot

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the poster who has been banned/probated multiple times for telling goons to kill themselves, telling goons he will kill them, saying that people who die from alcoholism is funny, and calling posters white supremacists for literally any reason will definitely cool off, come back to this community in 24 hours exercising level headed and rational opinions and definitely not cause further derails.

the mods can be angry at the rest of us each and every time it does cause a derail.

these truly are the forums still owned and operated by a domestic abuser

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

really struggling to classify the poster who threatens to kill goons and tells them to kill themselves as "politics chat" instead of repeat bad faith troll enabled by mods lightly probing him.

lmao look at the loving rap sheet. if not a perma ban, what is the rationalization that he shouldn't be just eating a full ban + 30 day probe each and every time he acts up at this point?

the moderation on these forums is loving pathetic.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yeah i don't give a flying gently caress if it takes 24 hours to respond to be honest, the problem is being able to rack up a rap sheet like that over a long period of time. please help me understand that part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

To be abundantly clear, besides more mod coverage (which again is not the problem) literally zero things have changed since the last serial bad faith troll ran amok on this subforum. What is the moderation team going to do to change that, so that posters can’t rack up multiple pages of bans and probes and still get told “cool off for a few hours” after demonstrably harassing ACTUAL members of this community.