Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
don't forget about me after the site closes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
oh that's good. false alarm everyone

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
freeing rarity's post

edit: rarity's post was not visible until i made it so by posting this post

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
you guys should go back to flirting with people instead

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i heard the guns n roses forum is bad

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i'll always believe MotU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
now i don't have to register on a terrible offsite

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i think Seth Rollins should be made the new mod, as a sign of good faith

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Jerusalem posted:

I'm super-loving relieved by this news. The idea of Lowtax causing the death of these forums after he's been absentee and uninvolved for so long was incredibly grating (and yes, I know this is the least important thing to be concerned about in the grander scheme of the monstrous things he did). I suppose there is still a chance this doesn't all go through but for now I'm hopeful SA just gets to continue on without him. The safety nets of the Discords, Breadnroses, various other pre-existing forums like The Board and DVDR etc were all there and for that I'm grateful, but it wouldn't have been the same.

sad to hear that you and Junpei are stepping down, but i'm sure there's someone here who will do a really good job modding this beloved subforum

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is he? I mean this seriously, my experience with him is primarily that he defended the PPJ Nazi hunting and thought it was a good idea and way supposedly a hold out on FYAD being closed so I'm legitimately curious what people like about Jeff.

the second thing

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
*looms ominously behind Jerusalem like a vulture*

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
you'll all always be newbies to me. except for Spiderdrake and MassRayPer.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i think adding a second mod would be a good idea

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Lowtax was Tessa Blanchard this entire time

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i was browsing the forums in my high school library when the paywall went up

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i live on the east coast!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Hang on. Lowtax is still the owner. Because "transferring all Something Awful LLC assets" and him not being "in charge" are nothing. It's literally where we already were.

wrong

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Lowtax is transferring [ownership of] all SA LLC assets to Jeff, for a profit

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
according to the latest rumor, Jeffrey was about to sign the paper that would make him the owner of Something Awful, but a filthy Virginia opossum jumped out of a bush and leaped onto the paper, leaving a footprint. that Virginia opossum is now the legal owner of Something Awful, and a team has been sent to retrieve it from the forest.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i hope Lowtax does the podcast in his classic "old lady" prank call voice

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
renee is reneeally bad

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
all i know is that all of this has been incredible marketing for Goldbelly cookies, and i am going to order some

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
the team that wins the Royal Rumble Roulette become the mods for that year

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
there should be three heel mods and three face mods

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i disagree, respectfully

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Don’t be mean to my friend. I’m sorry about the proper capitalization but I’m posting on my phone. I’m very sad that you guys picked new mods while I’m away even though I specifically said not to. I hope you all are having a good time apart from this. I love you all, even though I wasn’t made the new mod.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i don't want to call anyone out, i just want to say that one of the two wrestling mods is doing a good job, and that mod is Chris James 2. i think we need more wrestling mods. heels and faces.

edit: i am not joking.

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 24, 2020

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
there should be 6 wrestling mods

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i don't know how to articulate myself in a way that won't hurt people's feelings so i just want to say i generally agree with what yea ok and niennunb are saying

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i think the mods should try to encourage people to post more. i think it should be fun to post here. a mod should try to make a forum inviting and engaging, instead of just, being a cop and restoring order.

CJ2 is an active part of the community and i know that he knows whats going on in here and he hasn't done anything to ruffle my feathers yet. and even though CJ2 has like 8 gang tags, he seems to be pretty sane. Jerusalem, well, you know. Jerusalem tries his best and his communication has been improving, but i think ultimately we have different philosophies on moderating internet forums. the things he does and does not probate for are very confusing to me. he also seems to live on the planet Mars and operates on a different day/night cycle than the rest of the goons who post from Earth. no offense to Junpei, but i think her being added as a mod here was essentially a trick to make it appear that they were adding a second mod, when in fact they were not. i mean no disrespect and i am trying to be as tactful as possible. this is just my perspective as someone who reads this forum a lot. i am sure Junpei is a wonderful person in real life, and that she probably does a good job modding whatever other forum it is that she mods.

i don't want to hurt anybody's feelings here, you know. i know that i may "tell jokes," and that i am sometimes an rear end in a top hat to other people, but i am trying my best to say this all as nicely as possible. and i want this forum to be healthy and have a lot of good posts. i mostly like to read posts, instead of posting. i would like more people to start posting here and have a good time, unless they are part of an organized coup attempt and are rude to me. it's nice when new people come in and we get to act like wise grandpas and tell them about the time an old woman gave birth to a hand.

and i would like it if we could all try to be nicer to people with bad opinions. we scared away that guy that was obsessed with Asuka, and we almost lost notable forums poster Eat My Fuc, because we were making fun of his bad opinions too much. now we are eating his fuc, and liking it. i think we could all learn something from that. i think teasing our friends for their eccentricities is fine and is actually healthy for a forum environment, but we shouldn't keep hammering people for liking the WWE, or for liking Japanese women, or for ripping off Cavauro.

i think things are pretty good now, but it would be cool if they were better. i think a larger mod team would allow mods to focus on certain subjects and threads, do less work individually, and prevent any one person from exerting too much influence on forums culture. i think this is true of all the forums and not just this place, but this is the only place i really care about. a larger mod team would also allow for more stability when any one mod has to take a leave of absence. i think there should be 4 to 6 wrestling mods. i don't know how many the mma guys need. i think there are a lot of people here who would be good mods. and this isn't me making a joke about me being a mod. i'm talking about other people.

anyway these are my opinions and thoughts. i'm sorry, this big post is a mess. i have a lot of thoughts about the forums and this is how it came out, i'm sorry.

thank you for reading my post, if you read it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Rarity posted:

I think people are putting two different issues here, the one I meant was when mods go "if you've got a problem with my moderating then PM me, don't say it where everyone else can see"

yeah. "please take it to PMs where nobody can band together as a group and where everything can be ignored" is really bad

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i think there should be a moderator with a sense of humor who can tell when a joke is funny or not. this mod would be able to tell when to probate someone for telling a bad joke, and when to reward someone for telling a good joke.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
dr. gonzo got banned, he bought a new account, and every time he posted something innocuous, we'd get 6 people in a row telling him to gently caress off. he stopped posting here for some reason.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
we should compile lists of everyone who doesn't regularly post here, and monitor them on discord

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
this place is depressing as hell

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i'm here to have a good time and unwind and tell jokes. when it's not fun here, i engage with things less. maybe some people think that's good.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
once the Saudi Arabia shows started, this place went from a fyad-lite to a cspam-lite

edit: thank you for the kind words, my friend, NienNunb

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
a love machine

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i think the current situation of having one mod, one fake mod who isn't really a mod of this place, and an idiot king who mostly uses his buttons to probate himself, isn't working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i think we should close c-spam if they can't keep themselves contained