Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

In almost every instance of a forum shutting down because of management I've personally experienced, off-shoot forums are not very successful at all. You get about a tenth of the posters that were around before at best, and after that tapers off you end up with just a handful of small cliqs of friends and rarely any new posters.

The two best solutions seem to be Discord or linking our Twitter socials to keep up with people, maybe a Twitter List like the old #tWo used to have (And I think is still linked in the OP of the Social Media thread but severely out of date)

The big thing for a some people is going to be archiving old topics and there's handfulls of ways to do that too.

I'd love to add you folks to my twitter account - here's mine. https://twitter.com/Sherndon226

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bradzilla posted:

If this is what kills SA, I'm out. Fragmented offsites are so loving sad. I have no idea what I'd even do on the internet without SA.

Same. For 15 years now I've used SA for the perfect time waster. But all things must end. Entropy is the nature of life.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I hope this all works out for the best :)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

THESE DEAD GAY COMEDY FORUMS WILL BE AROUND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL_mm7_D1wM