Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Flavahbeast posted:

yo before the forums die I've always wondered: did anyone actually like Lucky Star unironically

I tried to watch the first episode in 2010 or something and just assumed adtrw was trying to trick me

You gotta understand the context of Lucky Star. After the first season of Haruhi aired in '06, Lucky Star came afterwards. Haruhi S1 broadcast order jumped in time from place to place in relation to the novels/manga. I forget if it came out on DVD/streaming in story order, but the weirdness of broadcast order prepped us for the weirdness of Lucky Star being all about how to eat a freaking pastry for the first half of the first ep. We were groomed for unlikely narrative poo poo.

It did get better as it picked up and after the merch train left the station.

Also gently caress you Lowtax, I wish I could un-buy the ads I've got running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU