Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Here is my CSPAM discord:

https://discord.gg/MGs4Sr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

We should do what Neogaf did and have several notable posters make a website that is suppose to be a complete replacement of SomethingAwful.com.

I personally want to start organizing but nobody likes me since I'm a lovely poster with a bad rep.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Ruflux posted:

Isn't that just literally Bread N Roses or whatever

The bit about ResetEra's (NeoGAF followup) founding that its posters and admins didn't bother to tell you was that it was founded by a very insular group of politically aligned posters originating from the neoliberal hellhole politics megathread on GAF who were planning the site and the move well before any accusations of the admin being a sex pest showed up. It's why they got things set up so fast to begin with. All because they didn't like how GAF was being run or moderated and basically just wanted a modicum of power for themselves

Holy cow! Didn't know about this. Where'd you hear this from?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Ruflux posted:

it's been talked about on NeoGAF offsites and wasn't that big of a secret really - just seeing the same names that used to post in PoliGAF (the megathread) suddenly be admins/mods/site owner of ResetEra when it was launched along with some leaks and such here and there. the site owner, Cerium, was a big politics thread poster in particular IIRC. I'm not that well-versed in the stuff because I left the site once it started to become too insufferable about a year ago and most that I've heard is basically incredibly obvious 2 + 2 = 4 stuff.

I see. Thank you.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

orange juche posted:

Jeffery of YOSPOS now has a verbal agreement to receive ownership of Something Awful LLC's and all assets (such as the multi-hundred-dollar forum and frontpage) from Lowtax at an undetermined date (soon, but will likely take time as transferring LLCs etc takes lawyers). So before you start cutting the liferafts from the davits in your rush to bail, Lowtax will no longer be affiliated with this community, even in name.

I am extremely happy I won't have to find a new posting home, however, I do enjoy discords and stuff so yeah sorry to interrupt the current goings on.

Lowtax isn't the only issue. It's also the fact that several mods and admins enabled Lowtax by banning any discussion on the matter for years. This is a systematic sitewide catastrophe.