Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

The most out of left field curveball in that regard was Final Fantasy XIII, which was basically "What if Lost, but a Final Fantasy". Especially with its whole first third of setting up a mystery, not explaining poo poo (directly, anyway, you could read the onboard encyclopedia if you really needed answers), and then backfilling everyone's character development through flashbacks. It got amazingly blatant about how much it wanted to be Lost at certain points, it just blew me away--including a minor character who straight up looked and sounded exactly like Sawyer.

Fringe is a real stretch for LOST clone since it's just utterly a X-Files clone. It wasn't terrible but on rewatch I came to dislike how Olivia got sidelined as the action hero of the duo for whatshisface usurping her position for the most part.

But trying to claim FF13 is a LOST clone is really amazing, since it has literally nothing in common with LOST. And what you describe is like, standard JRPG plot and character progression. I guess you could call FInal Fantasy 7 (1997) a LOST ripoff too by those standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU