Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I thought the mysteries and answers we got were fine. It was always about the characters and their journey

The final season flashbacks, i forgot what they were called - flash sideways or something?, were the weak point imo. and it's even more noticeable on a rewatch when you know they are pointless. Plus they seemed to genuinely confuse people, I remember even in the Lost thread on here people thought it meant they were dead the whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

if you want a similar show to Lost that's really really bad then watch The I-Land. bunch of people wake up and have no memories of how they got there or who they are

it's almost like a parody, in one scene early on someone finds a book or something buried on the beach that seems relevant to their situation and they don't tell anyone or even read it, they just throw it away and it's loving hilarious

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I watched The Wilds which I think someone in here mentioned. it reminded me a lot of The 100 where it starts off with the teenage angst drama angle but moves past that as it progresses. I think around episode 5 or 6 I started to really enjoy it because it stopped feeling like they were on a holiday and switched to a more serious tone ie they have to start dealing with actual survival issues

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Remember when people got really fixated on how Ken Leung's character went to a house that had one set of picture frames when he went up the stairs and then had a different set of frames on the pictures when he went back down? That was one of the things that first got people fixated on time travel changing things or parallel timelines, as I recall.

Man I dont remember that at all and I was pretty heavily into Lost.

But then again every episode had its own thread