Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I brought my Drake posted:

2 years ago, I participated in something awful survivor: the let's play edition. My father had recently been diagnosed with cancer, my relationship was on the rocks, I really needed something in my life that I could look forward to and would make me happy, and SAS kind of filled that for me. I am not the best at survivor type games, and I imagine there was a lot of salt whenever I survived round after round because I couldn't predict the future like the game veterans and got played like a fiddle basically. I didn't care, because I was there to have fun and be social and I guess everything worked out in the end.

My relationship ended suddenly in May 2021. I had to start things over from scratch from being in an increasingly abusive relationship for a decade. The forum and its content creators and curators helped me get through some really difficult times. I'm mentally and emotionally stabler and happier then I've been in a long time, and it's due in part to you lot.
im glad you had fun and we gave you something to help you get through that. Screw the haters you play your game how you need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What is Something Awful Survivor?

Is it that thing where the OP enters a bunch of goons into a program, and it simulates days going by and randomly kills us off?

it's the game Survivor but its on the forums. The most recent iteration is running right now.