Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
I’m still friends with someone I met at a London meet 10 years ago, and through them I met a whole host of cool people and went to some truly fabulous parties. We were never really that close but over the last couple of years we’ve connected more and now it feels like this person really values me as a friend - I was among the first people they spoke to about some really huge changes they were making in their life. I feel privileged that a couple of drunk goonmeets led to a long-lasting and open friendship.

I met someone else who it turned out was a goon. I recognised one of their tattoos in the tattoo megathread. This discovery has given us something extra to connect around, and as small as that may be it's been fun talking to someone about the forums from time to time.

I’ll echo what others have said when they describe the journey from miserable edgelord to being a liberal, sensible adult. SA has been alongside me throughout that and will have influenced all parts of the journey.

There’s a thread for everything and I will have learnt heaps through random browsing and absorption.

None of this is life-saving but it has been helpful and enjoyable and has influenced me in a big way, and I am really grateful for the experiences I’ve had as a result.

I’ve been here for about 15 years, registered for 13. I was a kid when I started browsing and I can’t quite imagine not killing time on SA, even though I only tend to occupy a few subforums and threads on the whole.

luv u SA xxx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
This thread is such a nice read. We have a good community!