Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Like most of you I was a little poo poo when I joined back in 2007 and, while I can't blame SA for making me a significantly better person, I can definitely say y'all (especially TCC) kept me alive long enough for me to become a better person. And I'm so glad the forums have grown alongside all of us to be a place where generally decent people want to hang out - there's nowhere else on the internet that's even remotely comparable, or if there is it's focused on a single topic without the breadth of experience SA has to offer.

Also I'm currently engaged to marry a goon I met through the goon diaspora when I wasn't on the forums so much. I hope that from whatever corner of the internet Abey hosed off to that he's nodding his head in approval of that at least. GLITBL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

sebmojo posted:

i joined sa in 2012 to be an eve goon, and while i was waiting out the three month posting period I saw a new thread for weekly flash fiction. 8.7 million words and 410 weeks later, I'm still there, having written just short of 200,000 (bad) words.

I have yet to complete the tutorial for eve online.

Playing the J4G long con I see, nobody would ever suspect a mod! :v:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

For a more specific thing than just the general good vibes I posted in this thread earlier:

Goons are probably the singular reason my community college dropout rear end can sit in front of a computer and write a discord bot capable of filling out arbitrary madlibs (a surprisingly complex problem as it turns out) in one day. Reading cavern of cobol and project.log and learning how to use google effectively has taught me so much about computers that I never had an opportunity to learn in school.