Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

About six years ago I started getting really into long distance running with the aid of the running thread in YLLS. Since then I've run six marathons and would like to take a crack an an ultra someday as well, if people can ever go outside again. Running has probably had the single greatest impact upon my quality of my life as an adult in terms of health, looks, and just generally preserving my own mental well-being. The malaise and poor fitness I see emergent within a lot of my friends who are now reaching their mid-30s hasn't affected me, and I hope it never will. I run nearly every day, for around 2,500-3,000 miles a year, and I'll probably keep going until my legs fall off. I'm just in impossibly good shape from what I ever imagined for myself, and I definitely wouldn't have taken it this far if it wasn't for the running thread's experience and insight. It's weird how hobbies become habits become obsessions that you build your entire life around, but running has been that for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU