Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I don’t think this forum did any drastic lifesaving thing for me but it still means a lot to me. I think it subtly shaped me, helped me be more chill and empathise with people in different circumstances than me a lot.

A few goons helped me a lot to come out of my shell in regards to certain parts of my life. And they were just there for me in good and bad times, especially the Fabgoons on irc and discord.

I dunno, I told my fiancé last night about the whole possible end of forums thing, and was tearing up a bit. He knows I post in a forum a lot and chat with people from the forum on discord, but he doesn’t really know the importance it’s had in the last 12 years of my life. I explained a bit more about the history of the place and also what it meant to me, and I dunno if I did it justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I want to just share some good vibes in the form of a quote from the smartest frog in the world

“Well, I have a dream too, but it's about singing and dancing and making people happy. It's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. And I found a whole group of friends who have the same dream, and that makes us sort of like a family.”