Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Nucular Carmul posted:

I came here to say something like this, so I'll just quote this to add.

The new internet is so depressing. It feels like there's no places to just "hang out" that are like this place, I can't go anywhere without seven adblockers on my PC, or using my phone to browse the internet... like EVERY site is loving unusable compared to how it used to be. Every article has four lines of text then ad, four lines of text, ad. This stupid old forum is the only place I feel like I can just keep a tab open and chill, click around, go to this thread or that. Every other website I feel like I have to get in and get out and close the tab for fear of viruses or some stupid loving video auto playing (NEWS SITES) like holy poo poo.

Y'all are keeping me sane

I second that. I joined ages ago and have seen this site change and mature, but it's still the same sort of place it's always been, and when there was a possibility of it shutting down I had a genuine fear of losing the only online community that I participate in, one that isn't run by a corporation hoping to get more ad revenue or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU