Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
My dad always told me not to get in debt and to save part of every paycheck, but I credit BFC (mostly for introducing me to YNAB and the Bad With Money thread) with my current financial stability.

The old E/N dating megathreads were pretty influential in a very "what not to do" way.

And a shout out to the Birth Control Megathread for convincing me to get an IUD ten years ago. I haven't had a period since!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Oh god, I remember that thread! There was something about a loom you were trying to sell to someone and they kept flaking? Or maybe they wanted to buy it and you didn't want to sell.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

wheatpuppy posted:

Are there any ads or stickies for the goonfund? I never venture into CSPAM so I wouldn't have known about it if not for this thread.

I've seen one of those banner ads for it at the bottom of the page.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I might have mentioned it in this thread before, but when the pandemic hit and no one could get masks, I started making masks because I'm a quilter and had a fabric stash. I ended up selling hundreds of masks to goons and once the protests started after George Floyd's murder, I started donating my proceeds to various bail funds, the NAACP, etc. It kept me occupied and made me feel like I was actually doing something during a very scary, uncertain time.