Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i joined sa in 2012 to be an eve goon, and while i was waiting out the three month posting period I saw a new thread for weekly flash fiction. 8.7 million words and 410 weeks later, I'm still there, having written just short of 200,000 (bad) words.

I have yet to complete the tutorial for eve online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I know! Soon the time will be right...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty drunk & stoned right now, I'm risking a probation but honestly...gently caress it.

Thank you to everyone here, whether it's been members, admins, or whatever role you've played. I joined this site over 15 years ago after a college friend showed me the front page & I've been hooked ever since. The variety, different opinions, people going out of their way to help complete strangers...it's been inspiring & motivating, as dumb or cliche as it sounds. Just wanna say thank you to everyone here for their contributions & keeping this place relaxed, creative & fun all the time. :)

E: to prove my point, I'll reiterate to any mods: if this is outside the rules, do what you gotta do. I'd rather eat a probe for a few hours for being honest than be quiet & not express how great this community is. I won't hold any ill will toward anyone for enforcing the rules.

it is ok, BOOTY-ADE, this is a safe space

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I brought my Drake posted:

2 years ago, I participated in something awful survivor: the let's play edition. My father had recently been diagnosed with cancer, my relationship was on the rocks, I really needed something in my life that I could look forward to and would make me happy, and SAS kind of filled that for me. I am not the best at survivor type games, and I imagine there was a lot of salt whenever I survived round after round because I couldn't predict the future like the game veterans and got played like a fiddle basically. I didn't care, because I was there to have fun and be social and I guess everything worked out in the end.

My relationship ended suddenly in May 2021. I had to start things over from scratch from being in an increasingly abusive relationship for a decade. The forum and its content creators and curators helped me get through some really difficult times. I'm mentally and emotionally stabler and happier then I've been in a long time, and it's due in part to you lot.

:unsmith: