Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

JacquelineDempsey posted:

This is going to sound insane but... the GBS Sardine thread. I started reading on a lark and decided to try sardines. Turns out, they're really loving tasty! Plus, they come in pretty printed cans! I make art out of junk, that's my jam, so I started making collage art of sardines out of sardine cans. Not only did that thread take a liking to it, but I had an SA-Mart page selling them that got sticked by a mod (think it was NYC Tattoo?) just because it was so bizarre.

I've got one of the collage sardines! It is weird and cheerful and makes me happy when I look at it.

I registered on SA in my mid-twenties, so I don't have a lot of the goonyouth experiences, but it's still meant a lot to me. I've had some great times at local goonmeets and met some very good friends, one of whom I'm going to be a bridesmaid for next month. I'm also living the goonspouse dream, albeit in reverse -- I registered for the forums because I was reading SA on my now-fiance's computer and decided I wanted to post.

Like sebmojo and Sitting Here, I think I've found the Thunderdome writing contest to be the most important thing about SA; it really helped me reconnect with my long-neglected love of creative writing and improve my skills, and it's a great group of people, besides. I love that thread and the forum that spawned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU