Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

I don't like, talk to people without prompting and stuff so tho I've been lurking here on and off over a couple of accounts since prob 2005ish I've not managed to acquire any kind of goon social network or a goonwife/husband, sadly, but this place has still saved my sanity a couple of times. I came back in 2011ish after a couple of years hiatus, at a point where my own abusive relationship situation was really deteriorating, and it was a sanctuary because I knew my ex didn't/doesn't have an account (he was an EVE player who got...upset with me when he found out I was a goon lolol. shoulda joined goonswarm just to annoy him really.)

People in the E/N breakup thread gave me the perfect pithy comeback to him when we had split up and he was playing mindgames, and empowered me to cut him out of my life. E/N was also incredibly kind in a typically blunt goon way when I posted a panicked thread about a horrible situation I was in a year or two back that I couldn't discuss with anyone irl.

I've learned a poo poo ton in general from this site, especially from SAL, A/T and PYF, from how traffic works, to how to do basic construction tasks, to advanced chemistry. And people rag on the Everest threads (for good reason) but they genuinely changed my perspective on the region, the mountain, and educated me about the impacts and human cost of extreme tourism, which in turn helped me understand what modern colonialism looks like.

I also want to acknowledge that the PI bird thread is the best resource for learning about pet birds anywhere on the internet; I regged this account just to read the archived threads for that sweet sweet birb content. Still the best thread on the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU