Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

wheatpuppy posted:

Are there any ads or stickies for the goonfund? I never venture into CSPAM so I wouldn't have known about it if not for this thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903318

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Remember something awful survivor that was advertised here about two, three months ago? I applied to it on a whim, managed to get in, and bumbled my way to the last two weeks of playing before getting voted out. During the game I found out that my dad had cancer and the fellow participants and mods were sympathetic. I also ended my long time relationship near the end of the game and everyone was really supportive. I don't think I would have managed the 48 hours after the breakup well at all had I not had such a good folks on my side.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

2 years ago, I participated in something awful survivor: the let's play edition. My father had recently been diagnosed with cancer, my relationship was on the rocks, I really needed something in my life that I could look forward to and would make me happy, and SAS kind of filled that for me. I am not the best at survivor type games, and I imagine there was a lot of salt whenever I survived round after round because I couldn't predict the future like the game veterans and got played like a fiddle basically. I didn't care, because I was there to have fun and be social and I guess everything worked out in the end.

My relationship ended suddenly in May 2021. I had to start things over from scratch from being in an increasingly abusive relationship for a decade. The forum and its content creators and curators helped me get through some really difficult times. I'm mentally and emotionally stabler and happier then I've been in a long time, and it's due in part to you lot.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

This post is how I found out about Lady Radia, and I'm glad you're back.