Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
I don't have as dramatic a story as some goons, but SA definitely changed my life-- and helped to change the lives of others who never even knew about it.

I adminned a community for almost 20 years, and took a lot of the rules (and the emotes :fap:) from SA. My community was modeled on SA in a lot of ways, and watching the mods here taught me what to do and what not to do in my own space. As a result, it is now a healthy, thriving little place, completely free of nazi/terf bullshit, and people credit me and my wife with the same kinds of things people are talking about in this thread.

That's all down to SA. I learned from everything I saw here, and I applied that knowledge as best I could. Even when the mods made mistakes here, I saw it, and learned how not to make those same mistakes. Now, I've been able to step down and take a break with full confidence that my community will still be safe and healthy when I get back.

People have told me that their lives were irrevocably changed for the better because of the community I ran, but that credit belongs to SA and all the lessons it taught me. I love this place; I'd have left it if Lowtax was keeping it, but I'm so glad Jeffrey is buying it. This place gave me so much, and helped me to give all that to others. I owe SA a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU