Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

SA has massively changed my life for the better at least twice:

After I graduated from brewing school in 2010 but couldn't find work, a goon working as an expat in Denmark helped me get a job at a brewery there. The situation there ended up being a shitshow (through no fault of his or mine), but I got to live abroad for a year and having that on my resume got my foot in the door, and I've been working as a brewer for almost 12 years now.

A few years later, when I got hit by a case of The Genders, SA was one of my first sources of support and helped give me the knowledge and confidence to transition. I ended up dating one of the first people who supported me, and even though it didn't work out between us, I'm happy that they're in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU