Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
I don't remember the exact details, but the guy who get permabanned with the stipulation of having to match a certain charitable donation, and goons banded together to set the mark at over ten grand, is something that warms my cold, dead, stupid heart when I remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

mrbass21 posted:

It's crazy to see those line items take up so little text space but mean so much more to me. To see the posting UI be almost exactly the same from so many years ago is oddly comforting. I didn't realize how much I missed this place compared to Reddit, etc.

I came here to say something like this, so I'll just quote this to add.

The new internet is so depressing. It feels like there's no places to just "hang out" that are like this place, I can't go anywhere without seven adblockers on my PC, or using my phone to browse the internet... like EVERY site is loving unusable compared to how it used to be. Every article has four lines of text then ad, four lines of text, ad. This stupid old forum is the only place I feel like I can just keep a tab open and chill, click around, go to this thread or that. Every other website I feel like I have to get in and get out and close the tab for fear of viruses or some stupid loving video auto playing (NEWS SITES) like holy poo poo.

Y'all are keeping me sane