Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

SA helped me understand how much a person's words and personality can shape and influence the point being made. In my early years here I would continually read a post and say to myself "That's a good point." only to have someone come along and write a direct rebuttal which made exact sense. And as soon as I internalized that point the first person, or some other goon would come along and point out all the fallacies inherent in the (until recently) perfect rebuttal. Eventually this helped me realize two things: 1) I am a naive and gullible person 2) Most things in life are complex. The lessons that spiraled from those two realizations have led me to be a happier, confident, and (most importantly) more useful member of society.

I once described my ideal afterlife as being some sort of omnipresent god, able to listen in to other people talking forever. The closest I will ever come to my dream of apotheosis is lurking here with all of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU