Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

does the thread categorize ruby and aqua as real siblings (therefore making it extremely weird that they're going to have an on-camera kiss) or do the ressurection shenanigans make them not-really-siblings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it is better to keep that to yourself because no one with any sense wants a discussion about the circumstances when sibling incest is acceptable.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

marumaru posted:

does the thread categorize ruby and aqua as real siblings (therefore making it extremely weird that they're going to have an on-camera kiss) or do the ressurection shenanigans make them not-really-siblings

My personal opinion? Mentally, ambiguous, physically, extremely real siblings, making it weird regardless of the reincarnation

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

marumaru posted:

even without that, considering their pre-resurrection selves continues to make it extremely loving weird and unconscionable. being raised as siblings only adds to that

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

marumaru posted:

does the thread categorize ruby and aqua as real siblings (therefore making it extremely weird that they're going to have an on-camera kiss) or do the resurrections shenanigans make them not-really-siblings

They are biologically siblings which I would argue is the main problem, and then after that is the (mental) age gap, which is also a pretty big problem. It's just problems all the way down.

Although there's something interesting to be considered in how memory-intact reincarnation scales with maturity, but that's a question better left for a context other than "should you make out with your brother?" (the answer's no)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The real question is how devastating is the rebuke from aqua going to be when ruby inevitably reveals her true identity to him and that she loves him

regardless I would prefer it happen sooner rather than later so we can end this awful incestuous fawning side plot from ruby

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean in this specific context I don't particularly care.

It's just a kiss on a set they are actors doing a job.

Also they already know about each other.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Feb 22, 2024

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Captain Invictus posted:

The real question is how devastating is the rebuke from aqua going to be when ruby inevitably reveals her true identity to him and that she loves him

regardless I would prefer it happen sooner rather than later so we can end this awful incestuous fawning side plot from ruby

I feel like people keep forgetting that they both know the other's former identity already. Ruby's fawning only started after he revealed he was the doctor and knew she was the girl.

e: went back to the chapters where it happened and she also brings up the fact he said she'd marry her, so he knows she loves him too.

Anyway, it's a screen kiss and the only people taking it seriously are the actual children.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 22, 2024

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
My prediction is that they kiss, Ruby is expecting a big dramatic kiss with sensei but internally realizes she's kissing her brother and is completely grossed out

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Kana lip double

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Aqua already knows (or at least strongly suspects) who Ruby was before, doesn't he? And vice versa.

He knew from birth that she was a returnee like him, and after all these years growing up alongside her, he surely has figured out who. I don't know if it's been directly explained, though.

The "mental age" is less of a deal because Ruby is mentally like 30 now. But therein lies madness of the "1000-year-old demon who looks 12" variety.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

they both know who each other are, there was a big reveal chapter, it wasn't long ago

also Ruby isn't mentally 30, she's mentally 15 twice.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
most already mentioned.
physically they are siblings, mentally not.
on-camera kiss, doesn't matter on paper because its acting, but Ruby/Kana will cause it makes for hijinks.

age-wise, after like 10 more years its a wash. Aqua had a monologue with Kana early on about how he sees himself, he identifies as Aqua now, not the doctor, at best, its just an old memory now.

Kana or Akane pairing with Aqua is the true path though.

Problem is in the story atm for shipping wars, while they had a bunch of candidates with Aqua. Ruby hasn't been important at all in story and only just now in the climax, she's taking center stage. She has had no interactions at all with any other male characters. So she has no alternatives.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah they're both dumb 15 year olds at this point they just have some memories of varying degrees of awfulness of their previous lives.

The kiss is just a stage kiss but yeah i predict fun moments with Kana regarding it

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I wish all the best for Kana but also it's fun to see her suffer.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

oshi no kana

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Welcome Aqua, to the grave you dug

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Rody One Half posted:

Welcome Aqua Aka, to the grave you dug

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Bold of you to assume Mengo hasn’t performed a hostile take over at some point and is currently the one in charge

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020026

AKAAAAA
MENGOOOOOOO

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Even their self inserts are excited about all of this and pushing it

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Imma fool
I know nothing
I play the role of a silly clown

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
que Kana walking in.

do it Aqua, you have no choice.

Liked the reveal that yes, the script got punched up A LOT due to recommendations by the two outside writers.
"Based on Real Events" is a very very loose tag for a movie.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Bruh kissing chapter released on White Day.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

This is a good loving manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

blossommirage posted:

This is a good loving manga.

I dunno why but it feels like it hit a new peak on Chapter 123 and it's just gone up from there.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
we are so loving back

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Poor miyako, she did a truly selfless thing and now has to suffer eternally

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

lol, lmao

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I WANT OFF AKA AND MENGOS WILD RIDE

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I guess when Aqua planned the casting, he expected Akane to be playing Ai, so this wouldn't be such a big issue. (Or would it? Isn't it awkward to have to kiss your ex-girlfriend?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyfYodavAj8

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nebrilos posted:

I guess when Aqua planned the casting, he expected Akane to be playing Ai, so this wouldn't be such a big issue. (Or would it? Isn't it awkward to have to kiss your ex-girlfriend?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyfYodavAj8

those two are both pros, and have kissed before presumably.

Ruby, is not.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
i think they did kiss on the dating show

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

GateOfD posted:

i think they did kiss on the dating show

and Kana cried.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
This is peak

Honestly I don't know how this will affect Kamiki though. The whole movie arc feels like a vehicle to move Aqua and Ruby's character arcs forward but like... they finish making the movie and it comes out, then what?

What I'm saying is that I want more murders lol

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I thought this was the big final arc

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
If this was the end, there would have been some kinda announcement about that. Hard to say exactly how much longer this manga will go, and where the story will go after this, but I don’t think we’re that close to the end

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Annointed posted:

I WANT OFF AKA AND MENGOS WILD RIDE

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

Honestly I don't know how this will affect Kamiki though. The whole movie arc feels like a vehicle to move Aqua and Ruby's character arcs forward but like... they finish making the movie and it comes out, then what?

And then Kamiki and Dark Kamiki do battle in the 9th realm. The eye star things function as Sharingans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

And where does the Kwisatz Haderach fit into this