Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

And where does the Kwisatz Haderach fit into this

Over there, in a box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

chiasaur11 posted:

Over there, in a box.

What's inside the box?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

chiasaur11 posted:

Over there, in a box.

What, with the swong?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020382

It could be worse

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's going to GET worse.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
its going to get even better!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

it's like he's trying to defuse a bomb

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This is so messy, and I am here for it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This manga is peak.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

hey at least aqua regained some of his soul back i guess...?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

marumaru posted:

hey at least aqua regained some of his soul back i guess...?

And all he needed to do was make out with his sister a couple of times

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:sickos:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Aka's wild ride isn't stopping any time soon.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
It's so good.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The Birdman of Manga.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
just caught up, enjoyed the comic so far. I think it was the reality show arc when i realized that this was twin peaks if it was written by nathan fielder, but not nearly as good as that sounds. i havent seen the anime but i could see many of the scenes here calibrated for cringe aethetics

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 21, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020442

Hoping for some good bad crow acting scenes for a chapter or two.

So this crow can just teleport as she wants, was thinking since she said she was a regular girl body she was walking everywhere somehow. I guess maybe it’s more of an avatar thing where she does act like a regular girl to her family, but when she’s bored the god persona takes over and she does whatever.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rooting for my boy Melt here. He's come so far as an actor.

EDIT:

Also lol lmao at Aka and Mengo doing that plot beat last chapter and then dropping it to focus on something else. What a wild loving ride.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I had entirely forgotten the crow was apparently cast in the movie.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i'm still not a big believer in the crow girl. kills my suspension of disbelief :(

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
same.
like would anything change in the story if she never popped up the past few times to go "hey guess what, i did the reincarnation thing, entertain me a bit" or to tease a bit.
need to be reminded what or any coaxing she actually done. Aqua and Ruby seem to treat her like a pest most of the time

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 22, 2024

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I would not be surprised if Crow Girl exists in the story almost entirely for chapter 127. Having the character who's been an ominous and mysterious manipulator for like 50 chapters be completely flat-footed by an offer to be a child actor was an amazing gag, and everything that follows immediately recontextualizes her to be like Aqua and Ruby: whatever her other memories and whatever her abilities, she's also a child, and the mysterious reincarnation setting stuff doesn't magically make her as rational or mature as she "should" be. Even in that same chapter before the offer, she mentions that she "can't say [her mother] is a normal parent," and why should that matter at all to a "god"?

The chapters that follow are all about trying to break through and see people under their social faces, and in this story even the closest thing to a god isn't special. In the end, she's just one more person thrust into a life that she doesn't know how to deal with, and she's making it up as she goes along just like everyone else.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

GateOfD posted:

So this crow can just teleport as she wants, was thinking since she said she was a regular girl body she was walking everywhere somehow. I guess maybe it’s more of an avatar thing where she does act like a regular girl to her family, but when she’s bored the god persona takes over and she does whatever.

Was she teleporting? This is her hometown, so it makes sense she’d be there rather than Tokyo when they’re not filming her parts.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020341

lotta whiplash this chapter.

I'm a big fan of the "helped a critter, they help you in a different way later" trope, with this one just being a bit more heavenly than usual

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
aww, what a cute and hilarious chapter. Love this troupe, so I welcome it.

so she's playing both aqua and ruby, which is neat. Love the reactions of everyone. I hear Crows have good memory, so this fits i guess..

marumaru
May 20, 2013

aw yeah that was pretty cute

e: wait, do they know she's a god or whatever? i forget. "you werent even around back then"

marumaru fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 4, 2024

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

marumaru posted:

aw yeah that was pretty cute

e: wait, do they know she's a god or whatever? i forget. "you werent even around back then"

Aqua knows at least, but none of them know she was the crow. I read that crows do like to bring you stuff if they like you so it kinda tracks

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I always thought Crow Girl was supposed to be a representation of like a Yatagarasu (the legendary three legged crow that is one of the heralds of Amaterasu, and a guide and messenger from the Sun) ever since she first appeared, but I guess not.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
she still kind of is, crows are a common symbolism in death and rebirth as well

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
On the final page of the most recent chapter is that their dad who likes murdering women? I have a hard time keeping track of all the characters.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

a pipe smoking dog posted:

On the final page of the most recent chapter is that their dad who likes murdering women? I have a hard time keeping track of all the characters.

p sure it is yeah

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kana: still the cutest of them all.

Guess we’re in for some father-daughter bonding time, how cute.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
A link for the linkless:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020699

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Can't believe Kana would just give Aqua cocaine like that. On the other hand, it did work, so I guess you can't argue with results.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
https://www.amazon.com/Calbee-Potat...y%2C1168&sr=1-3

https://www.amazon.com/Tamanoi-Sushinoko-Rice-Mix-2-64-Ounce/dp/B003U32VI8

I try to pick them up next time I'm at H-mart.

Do it Kana, be the one to save Aqua from the darkness. There's a reason why I'm placing Aqua and your figurine together.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh, that's bad

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Daddy issues

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Anyone else noticed that Kana's joy powder (and general awesomeness) made Aqua's black-star eye turn back into a regular bright star?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Sephyr posted:

Anyone else noticed that Kana's joy powder (and general awesomeness) made Aqua's black-star eye turn back into a regular bright star?

It made him go nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

KANA IS CUTE

Sephyr posted:

it was actually the cheek-grab :eng101: