Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
...huh. I stopped at an earlier panel when I noticed that Aqua and Ruby were being drawn with a star in the same eye when I thought I remembered them being opposite, but no, Aqua just has stars in both his eyes now. Has that been a thing for a while and I just haven't noticed, or is it new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

This meshes weirdly with Miyako's earliest appearance of needing to have weird speaking god-babies convince her not to sell out Ai for money. I mean, people do revise their histories in their own heads all the time, but it still feels a little like a retcon.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

This is the best possible use for this whole plot line. Amazing.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

I mean, the characters saying these things are in the age range where I'd fully expect them to subscribe to bullshit mysticism about true acting, so I'd take all this with a grain of salt. Oshi no Ko doesn't have Kaguya-sama's narrator to chime in and say, "BTW, they're spouting bullshit," and sometimes I feel like that's to the detriment of individual chapters.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

I would not be surprised if Crow Girl exists in the story almost entirely for chapter 127. Having the character who's been an ominous and mysterious manipulator for like 50 chapters be completely flat-footed by an offer to be a child actor was an amazing gag, and everything that follows immediately recontextualizes her to be like Aqua and Ruby: whatever her other memories and whatever her abilities, she's also a child, and the mysterious reincarnation setting stuff doesn't magically make her as rational or mature as she "should" be. Even in that same chapter before the offer, she mentions that she "can't say [her mother] is a normal parent," and why should that matter at all to a "god"?

The chapters that follow are all about trying to break through and see people under their social faces, and in this story even the closest thing to a god isn't special. In the end, she's just one more person thrust into a life that she doesn't know how to deal with, and she's making it up as she goes along just like everyone else.