Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

doomisland posted:

Promo art work for upcoming magazine to celebrate vol 9 apparently according to reddit

lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Thanks <writes down furiously>

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Good lord

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wobdLUFcRAQ

The full OP dropped just ahead of the anime and I encourage everyone to listen along with the lyrics.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

it's definitely going to Akane isn't it?

She definitively nailed it in a single word

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

GhostStalker posted:

I’m looking at my copy of English volume 1 right now, and Ruby calls her “A genius child actor with cryogenetics”, which yeah, while rhyming somewhat with “cry in ten seconds”, doesn’t make much sense. Also, where would Ruby come up with that term without Kana calling her out on knowing a word that strange after she tsuns about her actual title.

So yeah, baking soda makes a lot more sense.

Now I wonder if that gag was ever paired up with the baking soda visuals in the manga. The anime goes hard on visual gag, so there's no way around it.

I've only read through Oshi no Ko once and am waiting on the physics to reread, so I can't recall.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

In the end I think we can all agree that drinking lassi through a bone is absolute freak behavior

Yeah I definitely had to do a double take there because what the gently caress?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Julias posted:

Been waiting for this one

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Oshi oh No what are you doing

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I cannot imagine reading this chapter and having any takeaway other than lmao aqua cannot stop taking advantage of every single person who remotely loves him for his own purposes

Yes, but also I took Crow Girl's musing as Aqua actually hosed up and let the mask drop inadvertently. The original plan was clearly making everyone detest him so no one cares when he does his murder/suicide or whatever, but now Ruby knows who he was and extremely cares about him again.

edit: I mean I guess he could still be on some 5D chess manipulation poo poo with what's happening right now I don't know

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

personally i dont want the two people who first met as a 30 year old and a 10 year old and then met as siblings to be in love

This "relationship" has become so convoluted that it could be considered as, all at once:

- a relationship between an adult and a child
- a relationship between two children
- a relationship between two adults
- a relationship between a doctor and their patient
- a relationship between an idol and an actor
- a relationship between two siblings
- a relationship between two not siblings

It's, uh, impressive?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This chapter dropping right before a break clearly makes it a power move and retroactively really funny, so I'm not too worried

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Oh she's REAL?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

GateOfD posted:

pretty sure this is how your suppose to trick gods in every series.

also, didn't know Memcho was gonna be in the movie too.

And lol @ how the crow is presented like this

Like an actual living body as a vessal, its an actual kid with the spirit of a god inside...who conveniently shows up in random locations to talk to Aqua? or outside his bedroom or something? Instead of an entity that only Aqua can see, but takes physical form here for better communication and now to act for the movie

What's interesting is that I'm pretty sure Ruby has also had a scene with the crow girl, so I wonder if her presence is gonna be weird for her too

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Is Akane fangirling at long-haired Kana or something because frankly same

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Nebrilos posted:

I thought Kana was supposed to be a better signer than Ruby? They are both B-rank singers.

A bit good of time has passed from the formation of new B-Komachi, so presumably Ruby just practiced and improved a bunch. We're not really sure how long I think, but Kana graduated high school so it's been at least two years or so.

edit: though Kana was the front this whole time so presumably she would have gotten better at singing too so I don't know whatever

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 5, 2023

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Well this seems like a healthy and productive way to deal with repressed traumas and feelings of inadequacy.

She's a better match for Aqua than we thought :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

Welcome Aqua Aka, to the grave you dug