Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

amigolupus posted:

Thinking about the latest chapter some more, I can see a few ways it plays out:

- Aqua's up to his old fuckboi antics yet again. He knew/suspected that Ruby was Sarina quite some time ago, yet only chose to reveal it when she's this emotionally vulnerable. He's probably hoping this will make Ruby more amenable to his plan, which I guess might involve having Kana take over the role of Ai?

I think he had suspicions, but the keychain made it definitive.

Also, I feel that he is trying to push her away from revenge and completely remove her from the equation altogether. Everything he's done up to this point has been for the sake of avenging Ai, only because he feels that is specifically his cross to bear. He knows deep down that this is going to end with him either broken or dead (you can tell by the way he was devastated after finding out that the killer isn't actually dead and that he would have to resume the hunt). He wants Ruby to pursue her dream while he works in the shadows.

My prediction is that he's going to tell her to focus on her dream and her part as Ai, honoring her legacy by being the best drat Ai she can be, while he redeems the sins of the past. I'm going to go on a limb and say that he's going to tell Akane about the whole reincarnation thing, and she's going to believe him. I don't want to make assumptions that are too crazy, but my brain goes to them confronting the bad guy together and her going into full Ai mode, convincing the bad guy that she's still alive in spirit, which messes him up. We'll see, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RuBisCO posted:

This chapter dropping right before a break clearly makes it a power move and retroactively really funny, so I'm not too worried

yeah, he's literally gonna bop her in the head and say "you know better" and it'll be a comedy moment

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Off-screen bonk, I guess!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shugojin posted:

guest author neil breen

Ai Am Here...Now

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

holy poo poo this series

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dexo posted:

Especially considering the literal best actor in the series we've seen is Akane, and she's not a method actor, she's a psycho level researcher.

yeah she's so cool

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I can't imagine how they're gonna resolve this. I feel like Ruby is gonna murder someone.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

How miserable was Ai? Good lord.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This is so messy, and I am here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009