Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:suspense:

lmao Homie was really out here flagrantly spreading his seed and leaving kids behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

OnimaruXLR posted:

"We have the same biological father, what can you tell me about him?"
"I literally just told you that I'm an orphan!"

I'm not sure this is the strong material lead that you were hoping for, Aqua

tbf he might have done some digging himself or have some other info.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hmmm

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I wonder whether a new lead will eventually get Aqua off his breather or if one of his friends/lovers' murder will.

ton of speculation but spoilers

So, the prologue had a flashforward of Aqua, Ruby, and Arima Kana doing a prologue for a movie about Ai, and it seeming pretty clearly still focused on revenge on Aqua's side.

The Truth is pretty much right in front of you.

Himekawa, Aqua and Ruby have the same dad, but it's not ol dude who Himekawa thinks is his dad.

Maybe the womanizer with the inferiority complex found out that his wife cheated on him with someone, and that happened to lead to a kid that he thought was his, until he found out it wasn't, which seems to set up pretty nicely for a murder suicide...Sorry "Double Suicide", or if you want to make the sperm donor even more evil, he killed both of them to protect himself and used his power to have it declared suicides. But the Murder Suicide is cleaner narratively imo.

This also makes sense as I'm pretty sure the timeline would make it so that Himekawa's dad would have been dead before Ai died. Which is doesn't line up, because Ai called the baby daddy right before she got murked.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Akane is a monster.

Kana is getting worked.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

wokow6 posted:

I feel this is actually gonna backfire on Akane, cause I remember Ruby mentioning once that Aqua would never risk a teen pregnancy.

And bringing up sex as a motivation to keep a relationship going isn't really healthy. This may result in Aqua putting a hard stop to things right now.

It will backfire, but, I mean Akane was ready to catch a body for Aqua lol.

Girl is in far too deep in Love lol.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lol shout out to Akane for listening to this story and realizing the same thing the fans did.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ruby is older now than she was when she died, so she's pretty much gotten like "in sync" age wise.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

LETS loving GOOOOOO

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lmao Akane is just speed running picking up death flags huh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mem-Cho really is the unsung MVP of the series.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I guess to be fair she is a 25 year old dealing with 16 and 17 year old children.

But yeah honestly pretty disappointed in Aqua for being so oblivious.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also "oh we haven't seen each other in so long, I want to meet up with you, I'm only 20 days from retirement"

Like she knows that Aqua is looking past, quite honestly the most obvious option, about the story of what really happened with Himekawa and and his cheating dad and (obviously cheating too) mother.

She is probably the most informed character in the series about everything, and she didn't reveal that loophole situation to Aqua.

That is not a good position to be in in a series like this.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 26, 2022

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1534881456048177156

Figured it was just matter of time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A good ending point would probably be depending on the episode count would be the love now arc, or depending on the pacing end it on the first performance of Mem, Kana and Ruby as B-Komachi at JIF.

With the stinger being Akane setting up the manga adaptation arc.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Annointed posted:

Aqua is still traumatized.

weird, you mean finding out and thinking that your revenge target is already dead, doesn't fix like a decade of mental trauma.

Get therapy homie.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm kinda curious why Ruby is orbiting around this sadsack AD given his sub-dogshit position in the industry. Does she intend on literally making him into her long-term project to get an inside man in the mid-tiers of production?

Forming bonds, friendships and networking with people to around your same level is incredibly important in show business

It's the concept of networking across.

Rather than just hoping for a come up off of networking with some famous person who wasn't in the trenches with you and only a loose tie.

You form bonds and build real relationships where they call on you and you can call on them for favors. As everyone is on a equal level, and then they can pull you up or you can pull them up as you get higher in the industry. Raising all of you together.

Like being genuine friends and helping out a director will get you gigs for the rest of your life.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ruby is growing too powerful, she must be stopped.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Chapter is put on mangaplus

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

90 minutes!?

Burn through the first part quickly lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

this manga has no qualms with showing people getting got, that is almost assuredly Aqua lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

oh, yeah we're in the endgame now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MELT-KUN! Also some other stuff

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 1, 2023

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah, but like the press, and people are gonna be interested

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

White Rock posted:

I mean that's true for many Isekai/reincarnation/"time travel with memories intact" stories.
Isekai biggest strength is as a cheap framing device and a reason why to give your MC super powers.
It would definitely be possible to remove it with a bit of a re-write.

For this one is that they have the whole "adult intelligence as a baby" weirdness going.
Has Aqua used the fact he used to be a doctor at any time whatsoever?

once or twice. Wasn't a major thing

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Akane is a monster actress lol.

Yeah, that list we got at the start of this arc is how it's actually gonna play out lol.

something I've been thinking about, is how the other members of B-Komachi have been like overtly not mentioned at all. And Putting Ruby(one of the protags), and Kana(the best/second best actress after akane) as members of B-Komachi kinda signal they might be important in the story to come.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

it's definitely going to Akane isn't it?

I mean Akane has had an Ai in her back pocket since like chapter ~27.

Like she was so able to embody break down, understand and emulate Ai in like a day or two that she short circuit'd Aqua. And She's now Older, and knows more than she did then about Ai and what happened.

In a Competition there is no one alive who is going to out act Akane at being Ai.

Outside of the Dark Idol Sharingan doing some poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Clarste posted:

So the anime's probably going end with the Reality Show arc, right? I'm suddenly looking forward to seeing Akane turn on the galaxy eyes in animation.

Probably it depends on the pacing. seems like it's a one cour show. We'll have a better idea of the pacing after the next episode. It took ~3 chapters to cover ~10 chapters (no flashforwards tho)

If it keeps up with that pace then yeah logical ending point is the reality show arc

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

No way they can get to that in 11/12 episodes.

At least all the way through.

It has to be the reality show. Finale, leading into the formation of the Reformed B-Komachi.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Frill is the same age as Ruby

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I think there is a chance at one more reincarnate and that's the twin's dad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

But yeah the reason I think their Dad might be reincarnated is it like is puts him in stark contrast with Aqua, who like steadfastly is not having sex with all these women who want to have sex with him.

If the dad reincarnated and then just knocked up a grown rear end woman at age 11or 12(which still very very weird lol), and Ai.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dexo posted:

Akane is a monster actress lol.

Yeah, that list we got at the start of this arc is how it's actually gonna play out lol.

something I've been thinking about, is how the other members of B-Komachi have been like overtly not mentioned at all. And Putting Ruby(one of the protags), and Kana(the best/second best actress after akane) as members of B-Komachi kinda signal they might be important in the story to come.

yep, figured as much on the second part, first part was wrong tho.

Also goddamn is Aqua a dick, jesus.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Just keep reading if the stuff you like is the industry stuff.

It becomes pretty much just that. at least get through the Reality TV arc.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Just the absolute worst parent lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man that Love is Lies/Lies are Love theory is looking more and more spot on huh.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:sickos:

drat and that dude got probated simply for accurately predicting the next chapter last week smh.

Free the Homie

edit: I say this because yeah, this probably(*hopefully*) isn't how it ends up going.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

also keep in mind that there was like years between that and Ai biting it.

like she was probably just brought on when that happened.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gently caress yeah Melt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Give me a series just about Melt and Himekawa being buds.

Also holy poo poo Ruby.