Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nebrilos posted:

Why is Akane so suspicious of this Hikaru, anyway? It feels like the name came out of no where and she just jumped on it.

Isn't she initially suspicious because he looks almost exactly like Aqua. And has Ai's acting style, which implies he taught it to Ai.

quote:

Why can't these people just have an honest conversation with each other? Poor Communication Kills

I mean poo poo's hard to communicate.

Akane specifically doesn't want Aqua to know (yet) because she knows that if he realizes his dad is alive, he'll go back to his obsessed state, and she wants to be sure before she tells him.

Aqua probably doesn't want to tell anyone about his past lives because it sounds fuckin' crazy. Also right now he's at a crossroads and pretty much desperate for anyone to just tell him what to do which is probably not a good mental state to be in for a proper conversation.

Ruby is, uh, well, she's not the Ruby we knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xelkelvos posted:

Why do I have a bad feeling about this

She's making business connections and possibly finding work, I'm happy for her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/akasaka_aka/status/1587986787569651712

quote:

Notes from the letter:

Weekly serialization was stressful & made Aka realize their shortcomings as a manga artist
Aka has decided to stop drawing manga, but will focus on writing stories & work with manga artists
Aka had many fun memories with the manga though
Thanking fans for 7 years of support
There are more leftover Kaguya-sama stories to tell
Thank you message to G3ida (We Want To Talk About Kaguya author)
Kaguya-sama: Love is War is complete

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

wokow6 posted:

This arc is going to kill me.

Well, Akane didn't die so someone has to.

Might as well be you.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boredsatellite posted:

I wonder how far Mengo and Aka wanted to take this arc

They want to shine a lot on the seedy underbelly of idol culture in Japan.

Zorak would be proud.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mraagvpeine posted:

Are we looking at a Yoshikage Kira kind of situation or a Patrick Bateman kind?

The first dude had magical superpowers and the second one didn't so I think the second one would be more likely.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God what a great chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mem's right, the two are so picturesque together.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Einander posted:

This meshes weirdly with Miyako's earliest appearance of needing to have weird speaking god-babies convince her not to sell out Ai for money. I mean, people do revise their histories in their own heads all the time, but it still feels a little like a retcon.

Miyako got invested in Ichigo's dream, believed in the potential of Ai, busted her rear end off to help make the dream a reality.

Then Ai goes and gets pregnant and Miyako is stuck taking care of the babies and suddenly what happened to the loving dream and why is she stuck taking care of the babies when she'd rather be working hands on to make the dream come true????

So she gets grumpy and loses faith in the dream and wonders if she should just quit while she can until the babies turn out to be, like, magic talking babies.

Is one way of explaining it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

blossommirage posted:

This is a good loving manga.

I dunno why but it feels like it hit a new peak on Chapter 123 and it's just gone up from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This manga is peak.