Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Super Jay Mann posted:

Also Kana is hella thirsty.

On one hand, true statement.
On the other, she's smart enough to have realized what Aqua did there. As far as signals go, manipulating those asshats and turning the last episode into a massive success because Kana was hurting inside is a big one.

Annointed posted:

Oh god not reality tv

It's fine. :thisisfine:
He'll get himself voted out first or however it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Aqua needs his rear end kicked a bit for how he just pulled what he just pulled.
Stop sending easily misinterpreted signals, you loving know what they mean. Either mean them or shut up, you were 30-something(?) in your previous life.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Super Jay Mann posted:

Mom is outright telegraphing that Aqua's gonna get thoroughly owned in the future, so you'll get your wish I imagine.

It's too bad Ai's death totally broke his brain, hopefully Ruby and Kana's influence can unbreak it eventually.

Don't get me wrong, Strawberry will absolutely do right by Kana, Ruby has the skills and charisma to make it really big and lift Kana by association, and Aqua can probably maneuver something or someone so that Kana gets more acting opportunities. This choice will start Kana's glorious return to showbiz. In a couple years, she'll look back at this moment grateful that Aqua bullied her into this leap of faith.

But this chapter Aqua was objectively scummy and he needs to get his head out of his rear end before he does something truly heinous towards his friends and family. Unfortunately his head is currently firmly lodged in there but I'm sure Ruby and Kana will, eventually, manage to pop it out.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Acerbatus posted:

I can't believe Pieyon is aqua irl

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1223305

:psyduck:
The girls will murder him if and when they find out. When does he even find the time between plotting revenge, schmoozing with anyone that could point him towards revenge and going to high school.

E: It could be that he's just wearing the mask for this occasion but I doubt it. The first time it was the real Pieyon so I see no reason it would be a fake one this time.

Also stop bullying Kana you jerks.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 26, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

gently caress. That can't be good.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Shugojin posted:

That'd be a WILD twist

Not enough Aqua suffering.

The kouhai is Ai, Ruby and Aqua confirm it somehow don't ask me how, but she doesn't have pre-reincarnation memories and Aqua manages to alienate her in some way ok on second thought that last part would make Aqua suicidal so not that one.

E: incidentally I'll have to track and quote a previous post of mine and add a comment about monkey's paws when I'm not phoneposting

Omobono fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 2, 2022

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Mraagvpeine posted:

If the doctor didn't die, how old would he be now?

At the very least 40. The absolute lower bound for his age before reincarnating is 25, and that would make him into a jRPG protagonist age-wise.
I'd hazard 45 to 50 years old depending if Aqua was in his early or mid 30s in his last life. Did we have an actual number for that quoted in an earlier chapter?

A lot. Let's go with a lot.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

She's dead.

She's a dead woman walking.
The universe shall not allow Aqua any amount of happiness.

In non spoiler comments :sickos:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

ZiegeDame posted:

The greatest mystery now begins: will these siblings loving talk to each other about their shared trauma or not?

:emptyquote:

Like, Aqua, just ask your sister if he knew the dude in her former life. I completely understand and approve a general stance of "past lives are past" but it's kinda useless when they suddenly become present again.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

chiasaur11 posted:

Having that scene with the black star eyes of murder gives it a very different tone.

That's intended, yeah. She's scanning every male anywhere close to the correct age and thinking "is the motherfucker I have to ice this one?"

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Shugojin posted:

I was thinking more Dark Ruby exploits this connection she has to get what she wants which leaves it feeling more in her control

This. There would be a big difference between
a) Aqua saving the day on his own
b) "brother dear, some idiot hosed up the rights management for my current job, could you please give a call to your friend?"

I'm hoping for b) with a strong side of keikaku doori.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'll be honest, I didn't expect this manga to be a sequel to Death Note when it started.

E: and Ruby has way better Keikaku Doori energy than that poser Light.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

This is fine :tif:

This is totally ok :tif:

Gotta love dad's lowkey realization Aqua was in denial and he just blew it.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm going to wear out the this is fine emote, won't I?

this is NOT fine :smith:

The universe loving loathes Aqua doesn't it?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nebrilos posted:

What proof could Aqua have offered that he was AI’s son?

Birth certificate? I assume Japan has an equivalent and it's not publicly accessible information so paparazzi can't normally access it.
E: or any sort of official document with Ai's name on it normally covered by privacy laws but that Aqua has a right to access.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 19, 2023

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Super Jay Mann posted:

Totally reasonable reaction from Ruby tbh

A therapist would have a field day. E: agreed end edit
Since I'm not one, is it valid to think after both recent debacles, Aqua is subconsciously pushing away and hurting all people close to him because he's scared shitless of a repeat performance by dad?
Probably not since this debacle was to save a friend but nonetheless one wonders.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Goddammit girl get it together.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Love, much like the internet, makes you stupid. She probably didn't think that far ahead.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Handy mangaplus link here.

SpacePig posted:

So it's Aqua's plan to get the guy to kill himself or something? Really interested it what needs so much time and preparation.
Bio father is in the business, right? Or at least that's what Aqua thinks.
Somehow reveal he's behind Ai's death with a decent amount of evidence and his life is over.

Metaphorically at first but some madman will have a decent shot at finding where he lives

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That was an update.
That certainly was a chapter.

:psyduck:
:psyboom:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nebrilos posted:

Why cast himself as the murderer? Does he want to destroy his own career that badly?

:confused: Why would it?

As others have said, because he has trauma about Ai's death with the depth of the Mariana's Trench.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Ai with dark star eyes :stare:

It does put her fear of saying words of love to Aqua and Ruby in perspective doesn't it?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I don't recall the DVDs, which chapter were those in? Or is it the first time we the readers got told they exist?

Also Aqua totally watched his and hid Ruby's somewhere

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:five:

Which Getter OP/ED was that by the way?

E:
:cheers: thanks
VVVVVVVVVVVVV

Omobono fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 21, 2023

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Exia posted:

I’d say it’s both, it’s partially an act he’s forcing himself to do, to push everyone away so nobody feels bad for whatever he plans to do to himself after he gets his revenges. The longer it goes on though, I think he starts losing himself to it as he continues doing whatever he feels necessary to accomplish this, and it twists him into becoming a lot like the person he’s after

This.
As TobleroneTriangular* taught us you become who you pretend to be, and Aqua doesn't seem to be the most self-aware individual.

*goon who pretended to be an insane libertarian to make fun of libertarians. He stopped when he realized he was actually starting to genuinely think like that even when fully cognizant he was just bullshitting

E: will you look at that, the characterization for our rear end in a top hat has stayed consistent and holy poo poo I loving wonder why Kana trusts Aqua implicitly and is so flustered by his compliments.
Oh wait that's because she has basic pattern recognition skills and has noticed that so far Aqua has been really good to her.

Omobono posted:

Don't get me wrong, Strawberry will absolutely do right by Kana, Ruby has the skills and charisma to make it really big and lift Kana by association, and Aqua can probably maneuver something or someone so that Kana gets more acting opportunities. This choice will start Kana's glorious return to showbiz. In a couple years, she'll look back at this moment grateful that Aqua bullied her into this leap of faith.

But this chapter Aqua was objectively scummy and he needs to get his head out of his rear end before he does something truly heinous towards his friends and family. Unfortunately his head is currently firmly lodged in there but I'm sure Ruby and Kana will, eventually, manage to pop it out.

Pity about that last prediction missing the mark for now. I'd love non-rear end in a top hat Aqua.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 13, 2023

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Captain Invictus posted:

Aqua god drat it you really are a turbo psycho

One of us. One of us. :v:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Julias posted:

Been waiting for this one

It's about time.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, Goku's, like, 50.

Physical age, sure. Mental age, he's still like 10, 15 at most.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Exia posted:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018830

We return to the main story, and Ruby thinks she’s the heroine of a shoujo manga

Is she wrong though?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Super Jay Mann posted:

lmao at Kana being all :stonk: at what just happened, poor girl got saddled with quite the role to play.

Hardest role for the best actress, makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Those dumbasses sure are teenagers.