Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Acerbatus posted:

Aqua really has no chill, huh?
He's a boy with a mission.

Also Kana playing off of him was fantastic. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kana's "serious" side is fantastic and I can't wait to see her more often.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Super Jay Mann posted:

Kana deserves way better than this :smith:
These fuckers are doing our girl dirty. :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy gently caress. I would watch that episode. :aaa:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He was a physician before getting tensei'd into Aqua, right? Bedside manner is like at least 3/5ths of what makes a good physician.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did you mean :tif: by any chance? :mmmhmm:

Most likely scenario is that it's mutual but since one is goofy child actress while the other is a boy bent on revenge, it's gonna be awhile before they realize that the other party like them the same. Y'know, just like in Akasaka's other series.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kana is worse than Miko at taking peer pressure. I'm worried about her. :ohdear:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno, both Yokoyari and Akasaka like to keep their main casts within reasonable lengths.
  • Scum's Wish is basically like 6 core characters and 4 important-ish side characters.
  • Kaguya-sama: Love is War is mostly the StuCo + Hayasaka as core characters and a rotating cast of situationally important characters. Hell, Fujiwara herself hasn't been super important for a long time, except to demonstrate how she's hilariously lovely (and yes, that's part of her charm).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Annointed posted:

Big Indie Group Energy.
Oh, most definitely. Reminds me of one of the many incarnations from a band in which a bunch of friends used to play.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Quick and dirty
:stwoon::five:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't be surprised if this is Aka's way of saying telling all the lovely people who bullied Ms. Kimura to go gently caress a bucket of dogshit.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Super Jay Mann posted:

Is it possible to punch fictional people through the internet? :argh:
:emptyquote:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress, Aqua?! :stonk:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He's not the worst, he's just kinda dumb.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"YOU PHILANDERING CAD!"

Oh Kana, never change. :kimchi:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
oh dang oh dang! I forgot to check the new chapters. Aqua being the fake pleyon is basically guaranteed.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Bullying Kana is the only way to unleash her true potential. :colbert:
Kana does have a lot of Maki-like qualities, but I think, more importantly, is that Kana is like the opposite of Fujiwara. The more you bully Kana, the better your opinion of her becomes, whereas the more you bully Fujiwara, the more you become aware that she's a hilariously lovely, petty person.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:cawg:

Oh my god. gently caress. I can't breathe. I'm literally loving hooting and hollering. I wasn't ready.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Acerbatus posted:

e: local idol can't stop getting owned
I mean, she does like to lick a light switch. :haw:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This is what they usually call a "Declaration of War" or, as written in kanji, 「宣戦布告」.

Kana is dangerous. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

boredsatellite posted:

This part is going to be amazing when animated
I am not ready for an Oshi no Ko anime. But my heart of hearts wants it. :peanut:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chiasaur11 posted:

New week, new chapter, new hat for Kana.

DOUBLE BRUSHING!
Holy poo poo, I've seen those faces.

I'VE HAD THOSE FACES

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Acerbatus posted:

The most surprising thing about this if it reflects reality at all is I assumed mangaka didn't actually have much power over the general franchise they created.
It's kind of a case-by-case basis kinda thing? Like for example, if I were to handle the scripts of a live-action, web-series adaptation of... say, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency, I'd probably have to use Shueisha as intermediaries but I'd have to answer to the Hirohiko Araki & Lucky Land Communications company, since his company is the actual owner of the rights and if he were to say :mad: "NO, HOW DARE YOU MAKE JOSEPH THAT MUCH OF A HIMBO! WHY IS LISA LISA WEARING TWO SCARVES, YOU DAFT, TALENTLESS HACK?! I'LL CUT OFF YOUR HEAD AND PLAY FOOSBALL WITH IT, YOU INEFFECTUAL FUCKFACE"... then that's all she wrote for my turn as the scriptwriter for the Live-Action, Web-Series Adaptation of Battle Tendency.

It would be something similar (though I do believe Shueisha does have a bit more control over certain aspects of it) if I were to march to the doors of Bird Studio and tell Akira Toriyama "I want to make Dragon Ball on Ice!" for example.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think Akasaka and Yokoyari are trying to tell us something. :thunk:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Annointed posted:

Absolute trainwreck I can’t wait to see it in action.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, what the gently caress Goro?! Not cool, man! Please don't gently caress over your tensei'd self like that. :cry:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Trust Akasaka and trust the plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The thing with Akane was probably in big part due to Akasaka being furious at what happened with Hana Kimura and, like, I don't blame him for putting shitheads on blast. While both Oshi no Ko and Kaguya-sama have some things that are probably going to end up with a somewhat crappy shelf-life, Akasaka telling cyberbullying assholes and lovely paparazzos to go gently caress a bucket of dog poo poo was probably Akasaka at his most incendiary. Like there have been parts where the storytelling gets uncomfortable (like right now), but never to the levels that said story arc got.