Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was not emotionally prepared for this. I thought scum's wish was laughably bad.

It just hit so close to home

I actually cried.

:psyduck:

I know it's important for the story but gently caress I wish she lived goddamnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I would have loved seeing more of Ai's story but this seems like it's going to be pretty interesting as is!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aqua really has no chill, huh?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sindai posted:

Yeah it's hard to imagine this going any other way.

Maybe this is the IB remake and it's going to end with him trying to blow up the planet.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1021170/1

16 is up.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The translator comment about ending at chapter 20 actually gave me a bit of a laugh.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kana finally gets a break. :3:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kana is so lovely. :3:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, I'd be pretty surprised if Aqua had any sincere interest in Kana at this point.

I'm glad she seems to be sticking around, though. This series keeps taking unexpected turns.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/title/46835/oshi-no-ko

Ruby finally gets some good scenes. :buddy:

Also I get he was a fan in his past life and all but the way you talk about your mother is a little weird there aqua.

e: ruby seems to really like boobs and hell, same.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 25, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rody One Half posted:

thing about aqua is he's still significantly younger than when he died so he probably can disassociate more easily than Ruby, who is older.

Uhhh, Aqua was a grown man and Ruby was a teenage girl.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1055231/1

New chapter's out.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Omobono posted:

Aqua needs his rear end kicked a bit for how he just pulled what he just pulled.
Stop sending easily misinterpreted signals, you loving know what they mean. Either mean them or shut up, you were 30-something(?) in your previous life.

To be fair, I somehow don't think he was exactly a ladykiller last time around. :v:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Super Jay Mann posted:

Mom is outright telegraphing that Aqua's gonna get thoroughly owned in the future, so you'll get your wish I imagine.

It's too bad Ai's death totally broke his brain, hopefully Ruby and Kana's influence can unbreak it eventually.

Depends on if this is going to stay in it's current relatively light state or if it plans on getting dark again.

I feel like the latter but it's hard to say.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1070016

Aqua's last line. :allears:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess part of it is because the setting kinda reset half way in but the cast feels pretty small still, so I wonder if any of the girls from Ruby's class or that show will be appearing much in the future.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Right now the only main characters I'd say are Aqua Ruby and probably Kana is my point. The director and so on are more supporting.

So yeah Kaguya has a pretty small cast but this feels REALLY small.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1077418
Do your best ruby and kana :buddy:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1085980

New chapter.

I look forward to seeing if Aqua decides to get involved or not. He does seem pretty much disinterested in anything except getting revenge on Ai and keeping Ruby happy.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe I have been defeated like this :negative:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OnimaruXLR posted:

Y'know, I somehow find myself more willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the notion that the idol industry isn't a totally 100% misanthropic exploitative nightmare hellscape more easily than I do with reality TV.

Pretty sure that's just a relative lack of familiarity with the scene. That and I used to follow Kimura Hana on Twitter.

Unfortunately, you really shouldn't.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grouchio posted:

I wonder if the company will even give a poo poo that their actress just came very close to suicide? Or is life that cheap in the industry?

It's entirely possible they'll never even know, considering.

I wonder if Aqua was following her on purpose or stumbled onto her by random chance? I was starting to wonder if we'd have a whole chapter without him or Ruby.

I said this about the girl with the kansai accent too but I hope akane sticks around for a bit.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 21, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theGrooseofLegend posted:

did any anti get any sort of comeuppance for that incident? I feel like that sort of thing would have led to vigilante doxxing or something

lol no.

There are still people who think it was a good thing she killed herself.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1116917/1

English 26 is up.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's sorta strange seeing that while like 90% of stuff about idols is super pro-industry.

That being said I have no idea what Aqua could do that would actually change how people feel. Not like people are going to stop being assholes because he shows them how they've been mean or something.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If nothing else it's rather sweet how the rest of the cast cares enough to help out on Akane's behalf.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aqua has questionable relations with his female relatives.

Thirsting for ai could be charitably called "a bit weird" when she was 15 and he was like 30, but it's somehow even weirder when she's also his mom. :v:

I'm not sure what to make of Akane's psych profiling abilities. Makes it seem like she's a few screws loose too.

e: imagine if you started dating a guy and find out years later it's only because you cosplay as his mom

That translator note is loving horrible.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 11, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if the star-eyes thing is just a piece of artistic flair, or an actual characteristic because if the latter you'd think more would notice. :v:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if Aqua's medical knowledge is going to need to be called upon at some point, which'll tip Akane into something being off.

Also if we're going to get a Ruby focused arc. We've seen her perspective like twice and that one girl at their school with the long black hair seemed important with how people talked about her but I don't think she's shown up for more than a page or two.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loli senpai is pissed.

I like Kana a lot but Akane breaking character was incredibly cute. :ohdear:

Aqua's definitely up to something at the end though.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 26, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Super Jay Mann posted:

Chapter 30

No, Aqua, turn back. Turn baaaack :ohdear:

Kana continues to be the best character.

kana:
"my first time is with you aqua"

wew.

I wonder if Aqua is actually right with his assumption about Akane or not.

Either way: What an rear end in a top hat.

e: Like, he assumes he doesn't have a thing for Akane because he has platonic feelings for Kana? I'm not sure that hashes out!

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 9, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I expected Aqua to be way scummier than that, go figure.

That being said, Akane did seem kinda sincere about having a crush on him, not to mention Kana.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Meme stocks going up, even if I still want to see more Akane.

I can relate to the feeling of being too old to pursue a young woman's kinda career because adult stuff was more important when you were a teenager. :sigh:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 30, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope we'll get an arc with Ruby and her friends now, even if Aqua is more the main character.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe Pieyon is aqua irl

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1223305

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't kiss your brother ruby.

e: local idol can't stop getting owned

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1249629

New chapter up.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was a really good chapter.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was actually kind of a downer in a very realistic way.

Glad Akane is coming back though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love Akane so much stop being a little poo poo Aqua :negative:

Abiko is fantastic and I love her.