Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

KazigluBey posted:

Do we know it is this and not, like, 00 Dawn Office and 000 EGO ID?
Because there's only two character splash screens, one before the demonstration and one after. Also, the first one opens with a shot of Philip's wing.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Okay someone please tell me what I'm supposed to be doing for 5-30. I know blunt IDs are good, and Ishmael can't die, but I keep getting owned by the bosses' big aoe attack, and I'm really struggling with this fight

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Tardzilla posted:

Okay someone please tell me what I'm supposed to be doing for 5-30. I know blunt IDs are good, and Ishmael can't die, but I keep getting owned by the bosses' big aoe attack, and I'm really struggling with this fight
Don't clash, ignore the mooks.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Based on the enemy in the trailer, we're getting a Fairy Festival

Frame-by-framing the trailer during the card section has a whole bunch of enemy silhouettes that I don't recognize as well. That'll be fun.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Tardzilla posted:

If you have LCCB Ish use her and N Sinclair(use a buddy if you don't have him). I did it a couple days ago with those two and N Faust but those two alone should technically work fine.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Alright, PhilClair looks so much cooler than Philip. And those EGOs look badass!

...poo poo! I forgot you can only roll for that stuff! ARGH!

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
WINGBEAT ISH
MY BELOVED

Very excited by everything here, especially the reveals for MD4: I have a lot of questions about what enhanced events might involve, and the EGO gifts... I didn't get a super-close freezeframe look but I feel like a LOT of those cutouts were new icons.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I think my ideal mirror dungeon design would involve exploring the City for the first two floors, then exploring a LobCorp facility for the last two/three.

The first floor gives you a choice of which District you want to go to, the second floor gives you a choice of whether you want to go to the Nest (more events and fewer fights, but harder encounters and more complicated event scenarios) or the Backstreets (more battles and fewer events, but the fights are easier and the whole thing is more straightforward). You get events involving people, like in the Bongy or Blade Lineage events.

The third floor onwards sees you descend into a LobCorp facility, with you first picking an Asiyah (upper) department for the third floor, then a Briah (middle) department for the fourth floor, with different effects depending on the department. Events are the Abnormality events we've seen in Mirror Dungeons so far. Hard mode would see the addition of a fifth floor where things get weird as reality warps from getting close to the Golden Bough at the core of the facility.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I wonder if the new Mirror Dungeons are reflective of the amount of Golden Boughs we are gathering: the more we gather, the further they can warp reality.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oh hey (likely)Bleed EGOs for Rodion and Ishmael, it's too bad Rodion's bleed ID blows. Ishmael's is one of the best but it's also not really focused on applying Bleed(but to be fair almost no IDs are, Bleed has it rough out here fusion gift aside)

Was not expecting Phillip of all people to have the first transformation mechanic, how good he is is probably gonna depend on how long it takes him to reach that state.

e:

Tardzilla posted:

The AoE attack is a failure state, you gotta burst him before that happens. His buddies dying will just make things worse, clash with them if you have to but they're low-priority. When the Test of The Big Brother starts that's your cue to go all-in because he's going to stop screwing around afterward.

You've got 3 waves so take it easy on the first two to build SP and resources. Use up your S1s when you can to stack the deck as much as possible for wave 3. There's no time limit for the EX so take ruthless advantage of that.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 26, 2024

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
I really like Sanguine Desire's animation stylistically, with the red shoe(s) runup before the attack. It's cool to see them continue to experiment with more three-dimensional EGO animations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

:siren:farmwatch alert:siren: in the MD preview, our failson has returned from the war.

still doesn't get an ID though

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Yinlock posted:

:siren:farmwatch alert:siren: in the MD preview, our failson has returned from the war.

still doesn't get an ID though

I'm just going to note one more time that IRL Dongrang has a TON of baggage in Korea that, I presume, Project Moon doesn't want to even dip their toe in by giving a Sinner his EGO.

Not ragging on you, I just think it remains a relevant factor as far as "why we don't have a Farmwatch ID"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Probe 17 posted:

I'm just going to note one more time that IRL Dongrang has a TON of baggage in Korea that, I presume, Project Moon doesn't want to even dip their toe in by giving a Sinner his EGO.

Not ragging on you, I just think it remains a relevant factor as far as "why we don't have a Farmwatch ID"

I didn't know that, that's fair. I just think it's a cool design and a shame we never got an ID of him.

An ID would replace his face/name but that might not be enough if he was really Controversial so whatever. Still gonna make fun of him for it.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Yinlock posted:

I mean, for a test I'd use like the Hana or Rabbits or a more standard fight rather than the Roland Misery Power Hour, but i'm also pretty halfassed so :shrug:

I dont think that testing out my postgame modded floor on a fight thats free with suboptimal vanilla decks would be very useful

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Probe 17 posted:

The author he's based on ended up colluding with the Japanese occupation, right? And the IRL Gubo went even further and that's likely why he's the one on Hermann's team?

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

PetraCore posted:

The author he's based on ended up colluding with the Japanese occupation, right? And the IRL Gubo went even further and that's likely why he's the one on Hermann's team?

This is pretty much the tall and short of it on Dongrang's end. I don't know about Gubo, though.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

It's the sort of thing where I don't really have the cultural context to judge how much that would be upsetting for a Farmwatch ID to happen. Clearly PM wanted to display the Guinhoe with all their flaws in a very flawed setting as the League of Nine, but they're also not avoiding the allusions to authors that openly supported Japanese brutalities in Korea, they're making the characters based on those authors villains who are willing to work with and support brutal people doing brutal things for their own self-gain, like Alfonso and Hermann. I'm not sure if having a Farmwatch ID would be too much focus on Dongrang, especially considering the author who's work Dongbaek is based on was a stalker who sent his victim letters written in his own blood, which caused PM to make more distance between him and Dongbaek than, say, between Yi Sang and Yi Sang, but there's still a Dongbaek ID.

Mind, I don't think a Farmwatch ID is going to happen. I'm just unsure if that's why.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

I dont think that testing out my postgame modded floor on a fight thats free with suboptimal vanilla decks would be very useful

i mean BS also isn't that hard numbers-wise it's just really long and has some Gimmicks

but again this is a personal preference thing i was just curious as to why that fight in particular since it's so big

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 28, 2024

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
there isnt a single floor agnostic fight in ruina with hard numbers

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

there isnt a single floor agnostic fight in ruina with hard numbers

not for endgame pages anyway, true

i wish you could freestyle the ensemble fights post-game

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Apocalypse Bird doesn't gently caress around, huh. I don't have a ton of Aleph gear, but eggs don't fight back so I'm hoping that it isn't too bad. I think the first time I failed was forgetting I had Magic Bullet on someone, and a whole bunch of abnos got loose. It seems like the move to make is make a death ball with all my heaviest damage dealers and point them towards the pale egg whenever bird isn't in that room. Then just take my time with the other two eggs. I took Melting Love for extraction the next day but when I realized how her gimmick worked I rewinded ASAP. Not sure where the ideal building location would be for her.

I don't think I have anyone who can even equip Apocalypse Bird's EGO atm, but it seems like the much easier option compared to suppressing Nothing There+Blue Star+Whatever other Aleph appears. I've got 100 hours in this game now but a good portion of that is leaving the game idle when I forget to close it and lots of day resets. I'm enjoying dealing with the abnormalities (when they're not all breaking out at once), suppression less so, but I wish everything was a little less inconvenient and janky. Maybe I should've moved onto Ruina at this point but now I'm way too investe

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Apocalypse Bird doesn't gently caress around, huh. I don't have a ton of Aleph gear, but eggs don't fight back so I'm hoping that it isn't too bad. I think the first time I failed was forgetting I had Magic Bullet on someone, and a whole bunch of abnos got loose. It seems like the move to make is make a death ball with all my heaviest damage dealers and point them towards the pale egg whenever bird isn't in that room. Then just take my time with the other two eggs. I took Melting Love for extraction the next day but when I realized how her gimmick worked I rewinded ASAP. Not sure where the ideal building location would be for her.

I don't think I have anyone who can even equip Apocalypse Bird's EGO atm, but it seems like the much easier option compared to suppressing Nothing There+Blue Star+Whatever other Aleph appears. I've got 100 hours in this game now but a good portion of that is leaving the game idle when I forget to close it and lots of day resets. I'm enjoying dealing with the abnormalities (when they're not all breaking out at once), suppression less so, but I wish everything was a little less inconvenient and janky. Maybe I should've moved onto Ruina at this point but now I'm way too investe

Melting Love likes being in Records or Extraction since they're isolated and have a very low chance of some dingus wandering by her hallway and ruining everything, and she's completely harmless if that doesn't happen. The Omega Bird is a good trial run for if you/your facility can handle everything going to poo poo which is a handy skill for endgame, some agents are probably going to get eaten but whoever lives gets a fun prize.

e: also some idiot with magic bullet slaughtering your deathball/crowded hallway/whatever is a lobcorp rite of passage. if someone claims to have never had that happen to them they're lying

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Yinlock posted:

e: also some idiot with magic bullet slaughtering your deathball/crowded hallway/whatever is a lobcorp rite of passage. if someone claims to have never had that happen to them they're lying

I never used the drat thing in my playthroughs. :colbert: