Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Yeah, Lunar Memory is just That Rare, I was lucky to see it even once. Honestly I should have gone for shop Starlight upgrades to let you refresh/buy more rather than chance increase, didn't feel much of a difference. At least for most of the Tier IV gifts you can fuse 3 Tier III's of the same Sin to guarantee them since Tier III are much, much easier to find. Exceptions being Burn (we lost Red Tassel so there's only 2 Wrath gifts) and Bleed (We only have 1 Tier III Lust gift anyways, even with the event one), Faith and Piece of Relationship (both being general so you gotta fuse 3 T3 and pray). Well, and NDA + Ancient Effigy, but besides being hard Abno events they seem to be common enough.

You can use 2 T3s and 1 T2 of the same affinity to get a T4, so Glimpse of flames is still fusable from Blood and Wires+ First-Aid Kit+any of the T2 wrath gifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Aumanor posted:

You can use 2 T3s and 1 T2 of the same affinity to get a T4, so Glimpse of flames is still fusable from Blood and Wires+ First-Aid Kit+any of the T2 wrath gifts.

...well, that will teach me about reading guides in full. This also means during the event you could get Red Gossypium by fusing Fractured Blade + Rusty Knife + any Lust T2 gift. Now you can't unless they bring those back on MD4 but they'll probably add new gifts anyways. I just hope they don't clear the Compedium again.

And of course Wuthering Heights has its own batallion of battle maids and butlers. And Nelly will be important, given she's the narrator of the book and gets an Announcer. Funnily enough I thought she was older but she's like 6 years older than Cathy according to wikipedia.

The other detail from the trailer is that it seems the manor features thunderstorms as a defense system? Suddenly Bodysack's image of a thunderstormy island prison seems more metaphorical now.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
:siren::siren::siren: BUTLER OUTIS, I REPEAT, BUTLER OUTIS :siren::siren::siren:

For a wonderful terrible second I confused Yi Sang for Angela, the thingamajiggie on his neck threw me off

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Boy, Angela is quite the chatter box. She's got entire paragraphs of text.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
I choose to believe it’s Heathcliff Meursault until proven otherwise.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Legend of Ruina posted:

it probably isn't but also it would be extremely funny if it was so i'm rooting for it

as an aside at 0:39 there's also "mirror dungeon floor theme card packs" whatever the hell that means. they all seem to specify both a sin and an attack type but i have no idea what they do

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 23, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Legend of Ruina posted:

Honestly it's probably a member of the gang Heathcliff joined in his backstory that keeps being brought up.

He was a member of a Syndicate in T Corp before joining Limbus Company.

Yinlock posted:

it probably isn't but also it would be extremely funny if it was so i'm rooting for it

as an aside at 0:39 there's also "mirror dungeon floor theme card packs" whatever the hell that means. they all seem to specify both a sin and an attack type but i have no idea what they do

The Theme Card Packs is the choose your floors thing they mentioned for Mirror Dungeon 4. Presumably it's presented as packs of cards that you "open" after picking.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
See, one of the new Meursault ID's animations is clearly trying to be LCB Heath's S3, which does imply that it's at least where he learned to swing that bat around.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
is it meurheath or heathsault? or meurcliff? or cliffsault?

(also im late but i dont believe it was brought up, assuming anniversary resets first time bonus, $24 pack is enough for 3 seasons and is $9 cheaper than buying it directly. but that also saves an entire nine dollars per year, so.)

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 24, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

Honestly it's probably a member of the gang Heathcliff joined in his backstory that keeps being brought up.

He was a member of a Syndicate in T Corp before joining Limbus Company.

The Theme Card Packs is the choose your floors thing they mentioned for Mirror Dungeon 4. Presumably it's presented as packs of cards that you "open" after picking.

i hope it's how we pick enemy boosts instead of gift choices, since it kinda sucks that the gift you select means next to nothing compared to the little footnote below it stating how you're gonna die

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Yinlock posted:

i hope it's how we pick enemy boosts instead of gift choices, since it kinda sucks that the gift you select means next to nothing compared to the little footnote below it stating how you're gonna die

The mockup of the card packs on the Season 4 Guide shows various gifts below each pack as a 'Clear Bonus', so I wouldn't get your hopes up unduly :v:

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

on the other hand, I still havent gotten nebulizer and still water in the same run, so having guaranteed poise gifts as a floor clear bonus sounds great to me

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

The mockup of the card packs on the Season 4 Guide shows various gifts below each pack as a 'Clear Bonus', so I wouldn't get your hopes up unduly :v:

welp

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/4106792732443966078?l=english
Update notice, Outis is Wuthering Heights Chief Butler, while Meursault is Dead Rabbits Boss. Update will happen 4 hours earlier than usual, at the days turnover. Last chance to get the funny banner for RR3. EXP cap is going up to 45, and on April 11th, we'll be getting part 3 and subsequently EXP luxcavation #6, which will presumably be blunt weakness. Effective damage for story battles will always be shown, and you can change your team loadout at story dungeon save points.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Meursault's first proper Rupture ID, and Outis's first proper Sinking one.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Dead Rabbits huh? Are we getting some Gangs of New York this Canto as well?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So not only does mentioning (or it's presence? Or it's bad vibes?) the manor damage your sanity, it also spreads to your allies when you panic and makes them crazier too. Seems like a nice place.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Mar 25, 2024

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

Lt. Lizard posted:

So not only does mentioning (or it's presence? Or it's bad vibes?) the manor damage your sanity, it also spreads to your allies when you panic and makes them crazier too. Seems like a nice place.

Considering the name of her passive, I think it's more likely Cathy is distorted and her voice is causing the sanity-breaking effects.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Seems like a nice lady, then. :v:

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

I need this outis yesterday.

Currently sitting on 391 outis shards and 312 boxes before they both get halved so I can even shard her immediately.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Lt. Lizard posted:

So not only does mentioning (or it's presence? Or it's bad vibes?) the manor damage your sanity, it also spreads to your allies when you panic and makes them crazier too.

In a manor of speaking. :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Meursault's first proper Rupture ID, and Outis's first proper Sinking one.

Meursault is just A [status] ID as usual with his 00s but Outis looks great

e: a Rupture ID, to be specific, so it inflicts no Count and is actively counterproductive which is unfortunately Rupture standard

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 25, 2024

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

RR3 stays open until RR4, correct? Also, can you benefit from the +5 level cap in RR3 until it closes?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

KazigluBey posted:

RR3 stays open until RR4, correct? Also, can you benefit from the +5 level cap in RR3 until it closes?

No and no. RR3 closes at the end of Season 3.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

No and no. RR3 closes at the end of Season 3.
Do you have a source for RR3 closing with Season 3? The special banner is only available before Season 3 ends, but that implies RR3 still being open after that so there's a distinct deadline between normal and special banners, this most recent update doesn't list it closing, and RR2 didn't close until RR3 dropped. RR1 did close after 2 months though, so I could be wrong.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

KazigluBey posted:

RR3 is listed as staying open until RR4 comes out. Dunno about the level cap, but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is 'yes' and that's why you can't get the fancy banner after the season turnover.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
RR2 didn't close until RR3 came out, so I'd expect the same from RR3

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Cutting it to the wire, but I finally finished RR3. 84 turns which isn't great, but holy poo poo I'm done with the Pequoid crew.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah, I need to get started on rr3. I assume it won't take as long as loving rr2? Any tips?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Apparently, according to the patch notes, the Pequod crew was bugged. Queequeg's attacks got stronger the higher her health was, not the lower her health was.

:lobcorp:

Marluxia posted:

Yeah, I need to get started on rr3. I assume it won't take as long as loving rr2? Any tips?

E: I wrote a full guide.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Hey, buggy programming is part of PM's charm! No matter how far they come, they still seem to be wobbling on baby legs.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So someone pointed out that Butler Outis might not be Nelly, but actually Joseph, given the constant "Mistress" mentions.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
....why would people think Butler Outis would be Nelly? She is a butler, not a maid? :confused:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lt. Lizard posted:

....why would people think Butler Outis would be Nelly? She is a butler, not a maid? :confused:
Because Nelly looks identical to Outis, probably. But physical resemblance has never played much of a part in ID stuff, else we'd have seen at least one Olga Rodion ID.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Gregor will get the Nelly ID obviously.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Personally I can't wait for Cathy Heathcliff.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marluxia posted:

it's way shorter but has a difficulty cliff on the last leg, you get free full restores frequently though so don't be afraid to lose someone if a rest stop is near.

e: might be a good idea to take an extra turn or two to build resources on the easier fights too, the harder fights will punish you severely for losing clashes so having insurance there is good. also rime shank ammo for Ahab's Angels

e2: also make sure you have a damage status team of some kind(burn, rupture, sinking, bleed, whatever) for the final fight. there's a stop right beforehand so you can swap to it then but make sure one is ready.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 26, 2024

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Marluxia posted:

Personally I can't wait for Cathy Heathcliff.

I honestly can't imagine a Cathy ID going to anyone other than Ishmael.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 26, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LostRook posted:

I honestly can't imagine a Cathy ID going to anyone other than Ishmael.

Yeah i'd say her or Outis and since Outis is covered now...

comedy option: Don with the usual :3 face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
:hmmyes:

I kinda want Ishmael and Heathcliff becoming officially ~a thing~ despite this being both a gacha game and a Project Moon game, so any attempt at romance would be double cursed.