Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

Lord_Magmar posted:

Neat, I do think this does make my thoughts about the Heathcliff Identity for this season. "Erlking" Heathcliff having killed and bound the other identities from this mirror world into his single world version of the Wild Hunt. Hence he'll have some mechanics around him sharing the field with the maids/Gregor similar to Captain Ishmael and Mentor Meursault. Perhaps he'll be able to revive dead allies once per fight or something.

I don't know, I think Erlking Heathcliff was a bit too 'singular' to appear as his season ID. Given the silhouettes you can see in Gregor's ID, and the fact that he's constantly referred to as 'the wolf', I'm much more biased to expect either a 'humanoid Distortion' Heathcliff or a 'Captain Ishmael' take on the Erlking, where he has a similar overall vibe and look but has a different motivation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/7455221133423291369?l=english
Roadmap looking loving sick. Time Killing Time, RR4 is Masquerade (hoping for Today's Shy Look), Murder on the Orient Warp Express, then Don's canto, The Dream Ending.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I was wondering if Don's chapter might be more lighthearted.

That answers that.

Also love that both the intervalos are English literature murder mystery references.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Apr 12, 2024

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

LostRook posted:

I was wondering if Don's chapter might be more lighthearted.

That answers that.

Also love that both the intervalos are English literature murder mystery references.

What does "Time Killing Time" refers to?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

SITB posted:

What does "Time Killing Time" refers to?

It's more the outfits Hong Lu, Rodya and Ryoshu are wearing which are pretty clearly Sherlock Holmes inspired. Ryoshu even has the cap and pipe.

Ryoshu as Sherlock Holmes seems like a good way to end up with more bodies than you started.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 12, 2024

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

LostRook posted:

It's more the outfits Hong Lu, Rodya and Ryoshu are wearing which are pretty clearly Sherlock Holmes inspired. Ryoshu even has the cap and pipe.

Ryoshu as Sherlock Holmes seems like a good way to end up with more bodies than you started.

Ryoshu is also wearing a fake moustauche, which is an incredibly important thing to point out.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

So is it looking like we aren't getting a Walpurgisnacht this go-around or will either TKT or MotWE be classified as such, d'you reckon?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Magic Bullet's Walpurgisnacht wasn't on the last roadmap, so it's probably just something that will pop up eventually.

There was a little more than a month between the end of Canto 5 and that Walpurgisnacht, so it probably won't be too long.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

They've also had issues keeping to a schedule before too. They probably didn't want to commit to the order of the schedule since those events are static, but Walpurisnacht isn't.

Pre part 3, I was hoping for a Cathy Ishmael but part 3 took care of that. This is the double tap.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

KazigluBey posted:

So is it looking like we aren't getting a Walpurgisnacht this go-around or will either TKT or MotWE be classified as such, d'you reckon?

Walpurgisnacht's no longer get put on the roadmap. They're sort of a when we need them thing now. Once a quarter is the only definitive statement.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LostRook posted:

Detective Ryoshu And The Mystery Of The Lame-rear end Murders

"you call this "art"? F.O with this bullshit"

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
It's odd but I would have thought Outis would have been more the "Holmes" type. But then, I guess she already has the Seven Association ID.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I know it's just the combo of the maid outfit and the knives but the new Ryoshu ID is giving me big Sakuya Izayoi vibes

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I've been appreciating how snappy the animation are on the new season IDs, they really don't spend much time loving around between coins.

It's mostly because I ran a sinking team for the whole canto, and Spice-Sang spends all loving day yapping and waving his stupid fan back and forth

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I got my charge team (plus a spot for Heathcliff and gently caress running R Heath on a long fight so it's Queecliff) bumped up for 6-45, but since Nelly relies so much on bind and haste, is it worth it to throw in Cinqlair?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

PetraCore posted:

I got my charge team (plus a spot for Heathcliff and gently caress running R Heath on a long fight so it's Queecliff) bumped up for 6-45, but since Nelly relies so much on bind and haste, is it worth it to throw in Cinqlair?

That fight is slash weak and pierce ineffective. Cinqlair is all pierce so if you're desperate for someone, he could work for clashing alone but he's not ideal.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

Just Slash will work, they don't have much going on defensively and are built around being murdered asap or bad things start happening

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Finally beat the chapter, goddamn I love this game so much ;_;

I was just a tiny bit disappointed in how little Ishamel factored in the whole thing, I was hoping for a mirror of the Heatcliff scene in Canto 5... But at the same time the story was already packed to the brim like this and it was the right thing to focus almost exclusively on Heatcliff, the writing was absolutely stellar.

Also I'm unreasonably excited about the Sakuya Izayoi identity and I'm going to pray every night that we will get moustachoed Ryoshu as an Identity or Ego. :pray:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

LostRook posted:

That fight is slash weak and pierce ineffective. Cinqlair is all pierce so if you're desperate for someone, he could work for clashing alone but he's not ideal.

Yinlock posted:

Just Slash will work, they don't have much going on defensively and are built around being murdered asap or bad things start happening
Cool, good to know.

I thought PM was making Nelly a bit too nice and sensible so as a fan of the book and of Limbus Nelly I'm glad they were doing the thing where she's really good at masking but has a lot of tension building up inside and where she flips pretty hard between loving and hating Heathcliff and Cathy Sr. I noticed she kept bringing up how Heathcliff had changed in the Canto with an uncomfortable/sad smile and I bet it's because she was expecting him to be a real bitter monstrous bastard from what she saw and heard of in the Mirror, then she realized her Heathcliff had actually managed to pull up and mature and he hadn't hurt her deeply yet so she was like, ah gently caress.

Because that's what this is, right? She saw a vision of so many futures where Cathy and Heathcliff ground her up without even noticing her properly and she was convinced to gently caress everyone else over to defend herself, and then Heathcliff ended up maturing into the sort of person she didn’t need to defend herself from. But at that point she's already gone too far. It's a tragedy!

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Given that the IRL Walpurgisnacht is this month, I suspect it'll be coming out around then.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a WARP train murder mystery is conceptually very funny and also kinda interesting since people can't actually die on those, so someone doing so is strange indeed. It's probably just a name though since the mystery segment seems to be T Corp shenanigans. wait WARP trains also use T corp tech so *throws up hands*

e: also probably more charge IDs toot toot, we haven't had one in a while. Since W Yi Sang I think?

PetraCore posted:

Cool, good to know.

I thought PM was making Nelly a bit too nice and sensible so as a fan of the book and of Limbus Nelly I'm glad they were doing the thing where she's really good at masking but has a lot of tension building up inside and where she flips pretty hard between loving and hating Heathcliff and Cathy Sr. I noticed she kept bringing up how Heathcliff had changed in the Canto with an uncomfortable/sad smile and I bet it's because she was expecting him to be a real bitter monstrous bastard from what she saw and heard of in the Mirror, then she realized her Heathcliff had actually managed to pull up and mature and he hadn't hurt her deeply yet so she was like, ah gently caress.

Because that's what this is, right? She saw a vision of so many futures where Cathy and Heathcliff ground her up without even noticing her properly and she was convinced to gently caress everyone else over to defend herself, and then Heathcliff ended up maturing into the sort of person she didn’t need to defend herself from. But at that point she's already gone too far. It's a tragedy!

Yeah you nailed it imo. Nelly's also known for her lovely imagination so of course she could never conceive of Heathcliff improving as a person. She is nicer to Heathcliff than her literary counterpart though, she hasn't called him satanic even once iirc and seems to hold some level of genuine care for him rather than barely-masked fear/disdain.

I consider her another victim of the City as the whole Butler contract thing is super hosed. Also being brain-blasted by the Mirror doesn't help. She did pick probably the worst possible way to bring it all down but that's Wuthering Heights for you.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 12, 2024

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

a WARP train murder mystery is conceptually very funny and also kinda interesting since people can't actually die on those, so someone doing so is strange indeed. It's probably just a name though since the mystery segment seems to be T Corp shenanigans. wait WARP trains also use T corp tech so *throws up hands*

e: also probably more charge IDs toot toot, we haven't had one in a while. Since W Yi Sang I think?

Yeah you nailed it imo. Nelly's also known for her lovely imagination so of course she could never conceive of Heathcliff improving as a person. She is nicer to Heathcliff than her literary counterpart though, she hasn't called him satanic even once iirc and seems to hold some level of genuine care for him rather than barely-masked fear/disdain.

I consider her another victim of the City as the whole Butler contract thing is super hosed. Also being brain-blasted by the Mirror doesn't help. She did pick probably the worst possible way to bring it all down but that's Wuthering Heights for you.

To be fair to literary Nelly it's her telling the story after Heathcliff abused Isabella, ripped a toddler Hareton out of her care to ensure Hareton was neglected and abused, and kidnapped Nelly and Cathy Jr so he could force Cathy Jr into marrying his son and also keep Edgar from knowing his daughter was safe before he died. Oh yeah, and also enabled Hindley to the grave. All the 'maybe he's literal satan' poo poo comes from the context of him comprehensively ruining the lives of everyone she cares about as well as herself, imo, so it's not something Nelly would think about a younger Heathcliff, especially once they've bonded by her being made to care for him and he's receptive to her.

But, well, if she got a sneak peek via being Mirror blasted, suddenly it's a lot easier for her to hedge on Heathcliff and Catherine being evil incarnate in their selfishness.

nabo
Oct 23, 2010
post canto 6 spoilers I wonder what's gonna happen to Wuthering Heights since, as Nelly pointed out, it's now Heathcliff's. Feels like a silly thing to think about but inheriting a big fancy house, a famous one at that (i remember one of the sinners recognizing the name) seems like a big deal in the City and i'm not sure any of the other sinners own poo poo. I hope it leads to some fun shenanigans in the next intervallo.

Also, did anyone else think it was weird that Faust explained the Wild Hunt like it's a Thing That Happens? And Ryoshu comparing it to the 'Night of Hundred Demons' (that i'm pretty sure she's mentioned before, tho I cant remember where). Wondering if she faust-knows that other Mirror Worlds 'invasions' are a thing. She also had a weird gasp before the Mirror Heathcliff reveal in part 2. Like surely she of all people knew it was a possibility.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

nabo posted:

post canto 6 spoilers I wonder what's gonna happen to Wuthering Heights since, as Nelly pointed out, it's now Heathcliff's. Feels like a silly thing to think about but inheriting a big fancy house, a famous one at that (i remember one of the sinners recognizing the name) seems like a big deal in the City and i'm not sure any of the other sinners own poo poo. I hope it leads to some fun shenanigans in the next intervallo.

Also, did anyone else think it was weird that Faust explained the Wild Hunt like it's a Thing That Happens? And Ryoshu comparing it to the 'Night of Hundred Demons' (that i'm pretty sure she's mentioned before, tho I cant remember where). Wondering if she faust-knows that other Mirror Worlds 'invasions' are a thing. She also had a weird gasp before the Mirror Heathcliff reveal in part 2. Like surely she of all people knew it was a possibility.

The thing I took away from Canto 6 is that Faust network is pretty much 100% certain but that a single person/instance can only know so much at once so LCB Faust has to query for specific information when she needs it and it's not always quick, and then she fills in the gaps with her considerable intelligence and knowledge base. So she might have been genuinely caught off guard.

With how she was talking about how Nelly must have felt seeing the Mirror stuff, it also sounds like she's intimately familiar with that downside, and the information network is probably the result of her attempting to meddle with mirror worlds to get what she wants, thus creating... the entity she refers to as Faust, probably, who knows everything, unlike herself?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

nabo posted:

I'd be shocked if noone in the Faust Discord had seen something like this happen.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Hey, maybe that's why she sometimes refers to herself in the third person. She isn't being quirky, she's actually referring to the Network.

EDIT: Also, did anyone think the river that ran under the house was connected to another certain underground river?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Overly Sarcastic Productions has a good video on "The Wild Hunt".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZIl8RZvv6I

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

To be fair to literary Nelly it's her telling the story after Heathcliff abused Isabella, ripped a toddler Hareton out of her care to ensure Hareton was neglected and abused, and kidnapped Nelly and Cathy Jr so he could force Cathy Jr into marrying his son and also keep Edgar from knowing his daughter was safe before he died. Oh yeah, and also enabled Hindley to the grave. All the 'maybe he's literal satan' poo poo comes from the context of him comprehensively ruining the lives of everyone she cares about as well as herself, imo, so it's not something Nelly would think about a younger Heathcliff, especially once they've bonded by her being made to care for him and he's receptive to her.

But, well, if she got a sneak peek via being Mirror blasted, suddenly it's a lot easier for her to hedge on Heathcliff and Catherine being evil incarnate in their selfishness.

To be unfair literary Nelly also hated Heathcliff from the beginning, and has a tendency to fill gaps in her knowledge with her own biases so in her recounting Heathcliff will occasionally turn to her and explain his evil plan(s) or motivations in exhausting detail for no particular reason when it's probably just her guessing. Heathcliff is of course still a bitterness elemental who is determined to drag everyone around him to hell with him but still. Everyone in that fuckin place is a self-absorbed rear end in a top hat to some degree or other.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 13, 2024

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

To be unfair literary Nelly also hated Heathcliff from the beginning, and has a tendency to fill gaps in her knowledge with her own biases so in her recounting Heathcliff will occasionally turn to her and explain his evil plan(s) or motivations in exhausting detail for no particular reason when it's probably just her guessing. Heathcliff is of course still a bitterness elemental who is determined to drag everyone around him to hell with him but still. Everyone in that fuckin place is a self-absorbed rear end in a top hat to some degree or other.
I still think it's really funny she talks about how on a particularly abusive Christmas tiny Heathcliff turned to her and explained that plotting elaborate revenge was the only thing that made the pain inside stop. Which, like, does seem likely to be his motivation later in life but if that actually had happened and she just brushed it off it paints her even worse!

I don't think Nelly is 'the true villain of Wuthering Heights' or whatever but it's very funny to me when people forget she's also a major character in the very story she's telling and thus also a weird bitter emotional trainwreck.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

nabo posted:

And Ryoshu comparing it to the 'Night of Hundred Demons' (that i'm pretty sure she's mentioned before, tho I cant remember where).

I believe it was during the Dawn of Green event.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

KobunFan posted:

Hey, maybe that's why she sometimes refers to herself in the third person. She isn't being quirky, she's actually referring to the Network.

EDIT: Also, did anyone think the river that ran under the house was connected to another certain underground river?

Wuthering Heights was absolutely built over The River and that plays a big part of why the place is such a weird hellhole. Super cool Josephine wanted to drink directly from it, I'm sure that'd go great.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I feel like this might be a bit obvious but:

The Durante/Pigritia ability is labeled "Sapling of Light" in the tutorial. A sapling... is what grows from a seed.

So is that Dante's EGO?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Probe 17 posted:

Wuthering Heights was absolutely built over The River and that plays a big part of why the place is such a weird hellhole. Super cool Josephine wanted to drink directly from it, I'm sure that'd go great.

I think in her case specifically wanting to drink was less literal and more about getting paid for fulfilling her Butler contract.

Junpei posted:

I feel like this might be a bit obvious but:

The Durante/Pigritia ability is labeled "Sapling of Light" in the tutorial. A sapling... is what grows from a seed.

So is that Dante's EGO?

It's more using the Bough in their head and the ones they've collected to do Light fuckery. I don't think Dante is strong-willed enough to manifest something like an EGO yet.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Wait, remind me what The River is in this context?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

PetraCore posted:

Wait, remind me what The River is in this context?
The thing LobCorp was tapping into with Cogito.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

GilliamYaeger posted:

The thing LobCorp was tapping into with Cogito.
Oh, I didn’t think that was a physical river, but Wuthering Heights being connected to it would explain some poo poo about the ghost and Josephine talking to a dead woman, probably. There's definitely more poo poo going on there than we resolved so far, but if Heathcliff owns it now, I'm guessing we'll roll back around to it and learn more.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Imagine if Heath willingly agrees to let Limbus Company use Wuthering Heights as a base/lab

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Yinlock posted:

It's more using the Bough in their head and the ones they've collected to do Light fuckery. I don't think Dante is strong-willed enough to manifest something like an EGO yet.

Fair enough. It's just that between the clock symbolism connection that Faust addresses, and the name stuff, if it's not a natural EGO, it feels like some attempt to create an artificial one, or at least technology trying to tap into the light as a power source like EGO is in a way.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I'm still not convinced the River is anything physical so I went trawling through the LobCorp LP to look for supporting evidence, but before I found all the relevant sections I noticed this and...

Post-Tiphereth Suppression scene posted:

There’s a lot of things that I’ve been mulling over for quite some time, and I thought I may find some answers for them here. Some of my thoughts may be so absurd that the answers to them might not exist at all. Or, even if the answers do exist, they might vanish too soon… But, in the process of searching for those answers, I will be able to cast off my shell. Then I can fly away at last, leaving my heavy body behind…

...DeeeemiAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Aumanor posted:

I'm still not convinced the River is anything physical so I went trawling through the LobCorp LP to look for supporting evidence, but before I found all the relevant sections I noticed this and...

...DeeeemiAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
Can't believe Enoch was Demian this entire time.