Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Onehandclapping posted:

Kimsault exists for the sole purpose of making you mad that you have an ID that just can't loving lose a clash

abno coin formula: 100% tails if vs YMF, 100% heads otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Onehandclapping posted:

Kimsault exists for the sole purpose of making you mad that you have an ID that just can't loving lose a clash

I always get the feeling Kimsault is disappointed when the enemy can't beat his attack. "Oh, fine, he's a garden variety attack. Maybe if you get better I'll get serious."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

numbers are out

Ishmael: Surprisingly good clashing but doesn't do anything with it. Support passive is good but not good enough to justify benching Ishmael from Sinking.

Ryoshu: Low coin count means that offense-wise she revolves almost entirely around gassing up her S2 for that +2 attack weight. She's...alright, I guess? Can certainly hold her own but there's nobody on the Poise team you'd drop for her. Support passive makes Cinqlair somehow even better.

Most IDs of all time.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Onehandclapping posted:

I took him to 6-45 while 5 levels underlevelled and he still managed to be my best clasher in that fight. I'm sad I couldn't pull off a TO CLAIM THEIR BONES but he did me well, at least!

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
Actual report from testing the IDs: TL;DR, they're both good-to-great and should at least benchwarm various teams, but work very well as first-stringers in a few setups.

Broom-Wielding Turbo Cutie Ishmael subs in very well over Rodion or Molar for the Sinking team: Rodion has Rime Shank, Molar has a more Count-heavy application spread, Maid is cheaper, has more utility, and has WAY more potency application (which is what the team actually needs right now, as Echoes provides a LOT of +count). Maidshmael's support passive is neat if you want to play the Rodion Skill Bag Lottery / lean on Rime Shank, but honestly the team doesn't even need it for anything other than funny gimmick plays and Sinking Deluge. My instinct (and previous team experience) says the current lineup is something like Gredgor, The Outler, Spicebush, Dieci Lu, Butlfaust, Ishmaid? Rime Shank is a LOT, and speeds up the engine tremendously, but balancing your Count with her very heavy coins and very low application is a chore unless you set up Echoes turn 1.

Meanwhile Butler Ryoshu is cracked out of her goddamn mind. Absolutely absurd damage, speed, and spread of effects: If there's more than one targetable enemy part, she spirals out of control, and if it's a non-Focused encounter it gets UGLY. Throwing her into EXP Lux 6, for example, with absolutely no synergistic teammates or support passives, she gets to 22x22 Poise by the middle (not end) of Turn 3. Guaranteed crits, and with her speed, those are often +80% damage crits once you get the passive online. Her AoE spread on her second coin is HUGE, and she easily outspeeds everyone except for Cinq units once she gets that Haste rolling. Her reuse on the 3rd coin is performing pretty well so far, but I've only been able to test it a few times so I can't speak to universal efficacy. Even if you don't sub anyone out of Poise team for her, she doesn't really need a Poise team to just do excellent numbers, and her bench passive is great for the Poise team.

Did I mention all of their passives, both in-combat and support, are Owned and not resonance, and are anywhere from merely good to insane? Ryoshu's bench passive basically reads "Four Pride Owned: Sinner of your choice has permanent +1 speed and incidental free Poise after turn 1". Ishmael's battle passive turns her already nice debuff application into a much bigger value, once it gets online: It's admittedly not trivial, but it's not too hard either. Also noteworthy, the potency boost doesn't impact her "next turn" applications for her 3rd coin (probably because they aren't Potency X Count debuffs but just generic stacking ones?).

Yinlock posted:

e: I'm guessing

Or they actually bother playing with the units in question and go "Oh hey this is very strong and doesn't need excessive spam or EGO gifts if you just play remotely rationally", as I also do? Everybody I am talking about here, the people discussing team-building, from the MD guide-writers on Steam and Reddit to the people with working top-end teams for RR3 and other content? They actually play the game, and then discuss what they're playing, instead of just looking at the numbers and shrugging vaguely.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Having done some testing, you want to replace BL Faust with Ryoshu in the Poise team, meaning the current team is BL Salt, Sang and Don, Captain Ish, Cinqlair, and Maid Ryoshu. Ryoshu is indeed cracked and does a fuckton of damage, and Faust is the least valuable member of the team by far.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ariamaki posted:

Or they actually bother playing with the units in question and go "Oh hey this is very strong and doesn't need excessive spam or EGO gifts if you just play remotely rationally", as I also do? Everybody I am talking about here, the people discussing team-building, from the MD guide-writers on Steam and Reddit to the people with working top-end teams for RR3 and other content? They actually play the game, and then discuss what they're playing, instead of just looking at the numbers and shrugging vaguely.

Wait hold on do you think people in this thread don't play the video game and then discuss it? That is literally all we have done for like 80% of it. Also "top-end teams" are my IDs somehow unprofessionally certified or something? We're playing the same game and can make the same level of boneheaded hot takes. Just like I can call Queecliff poo poo and then be proven hilariously wrong as he becomes the mainstay Heathcliff ID, so too can the sages of Mt. Theorycraft be way too excited about new toys.

I strongly insist that a 50% chance of +1 count is not going to sustain Sinking to the point where you can go all-in on Potency. Unless it rolls for every single Echoes count and doesn't say that for some reason? That would be the most fuckin :lobcorp: thing if so. And for "quick potency" Molar can smack an enemy for +6 without having to futz with criticals or anything, it's not like she's a slouch there either.

Anyway taking Ryoshu for a spin she seems good. In an optimal scenario she's a blender of death but her reliance on S2 can cause issues when she has one slot and/or the enemy in Pierce-resistant. It's an extremely good S2 though.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Having done some testing, you want to replace BL Faust with Ryoshu in the Poise team, meaning the current team is BL Salt, Sang and Don, Captain Ish, Cinqlair, and Maid Ryoshu. Ryoshu is indeed cracked and does a fuckton of damage, and Faust is the least valuable member of the team by far.

I'll probably keep using Faust solely because I like when she does the S3 double-crit and a hilariously big number pops up.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hr5Cs9WqWk

New Ryoshu has a unique interaction.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Butshmael has an, uh, interesting detail in her Uptie story.

The voice/Carmen refers to She Whose Name Has Been Cleared From The Cache as a child, like the other Sinners? Does that mean we might get a Cathy ID after all despite her being deleted?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I'm mostly relying on other people for information on which IDs are better than others. I'm glad that MDN doesn't require leveling characters and you can just test it for free no problem, but I don't have the time to actually do it myself.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Ariamaki posted:

Broom-Wielding Turbo Cutie Ishmael subs in very well over Rodion or Molar for the Sinking team: Rodion has Rime Shank, Molar has a more Count-heavy application spread, Maid is cheaper, has more utility, and has WAY more potency application (which is what the team actually needs right now, as Echoes provides a LOT of +count).

what in the actual gently caress are you talking about? count is still the main limiter of sinking teams, not potency. Even with edgreg eating it I could regularly get to 40+ minimum on story fights against enemies that lived long enough for it to matter (and on enemies that didn't, just getting them to -20 in the first place is good enough). Echoes is solid but 50% for +1 isn't reliable especially if there isn't application on every single coin. Meanwhile molar is +6 on s2 and s3 while going +2/+0/+5 on her skills.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

You know, I've seen people mention bringing Ahabmael to the Poise team, which yeah makes sense given she has Poise and really likes Pride chains. But who does she get replaced by on Bleed teams? I usually run BL+Cinqlair+Gregor for Poise (and I guess once I get Maid I'll replace Gregor with her).

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Butshmael has an, uh, interesting detail in her Uptie story.

The voice/Carmen refers to She Whose Name Has Been Cleared From The Cache as a child, like the other Sinners? Does that mean we might get a Cathy ID after all despite her being deleted?

I think the voice refers to everyone that way Sinner or no. We're probably getting an Erlkonig ID at some point at least though I dunno if it's going to be the Rupture/Bleed or Sinking/Bleed version

e:

:sad:

what is that an abbreviation of anyway. I can think of one but it's a bit crass even for Ryoshu

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 18, 2024

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Such A Disappontment, I think

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yinlock posted:

I think the voice refers to everyone that way Sinner or no. We're probably getting an Erlkonig ID at some point at least though I dunno if it's going to be the Rupture/Bleed or Sinking/Bleed version

e:

:sad:

what is that an abbreviation of anyway. I can think of one but it's a bit crass even for Ryoshu

First, I've checked other stories and "child" is exclusively used for the Sinners. Like, in Butler Outis' story it uses "other child" to talk about Butler Faust but Hindley is referred as "quiet man". And in Cinqoutis' the narrator refers to the interviewer as interviewer.

So it implies that, in the World of Wuthering Heights, a Sinner took the role of Cathy. Unless Cathy counts as a "child" for Carmen which is still very interesting...

And yeah, S.A.D. can be Such A Dissapointment or Such A Disgrace. Not sure what the crass one is if you want to elucidate :v:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

microfolk posted:

Naw, she's definitely telling the enemy to Suck A Dick :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

microfolk posted:

First, I've checked other stories and "child" is exclusively used for the Sinners. Like, in Butler Outis' story it uses "other child" to talk about Butler Faust but Hindley is referred as "quiet man". And in Cinqoutis' the narrator refers to the interviewer as interviewer.

So it implies that, in the World of Wuthering Heights, a Sinner took the role of Cathy. Unless Cathy counts as a "child" for Carmen which is still very interesting...

And yeah, S.A.D. can be Such A Dissapointment or Such A Disgrace. Not sure what the crass one is if you want to elucidate :v:

Huh, that's interesting then.

and yeah Such A Disappointment makes way more sense. the crass one is

PetraCore posted:

Suck A Dick

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

For what it's worth the idea of alternative bus sinners is an already referenced fact. One of the LCCB identities, I think it's Ishmael, mentions the employees on the Bus. So there's an au where Limbus has Effie, Saude and Pilot (maybe) as Sinners instead of Ishmael, Rodion and Ryoshu.

Carmen might consider any EGO User/Distortion as her "child" since she's the mother of the Light.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lord_Magmar posted:

For what it's worth the idea of alternative bus sinners is an already referenced fact. One of the LCCB identities, I think it's Ishmael, mentions the employees on the Bus. So there's an au where Limbus has Effie, Saude and Pilot (maybe) as Sinners instead of Ishmael, Rodion and Ryoshu.

Carmen might consider any EGO User/Distortion as her "child" since she's the mother of the Light.

The deal is we know Cathy had no Distortion or EGO, Every Cathy was just a result of Mirror Technology... and Hindley makes a cameo in Butler Outis and is not referred as a child, but it could be she only counts Distorsions/E.G.Os.

But mostly it's just that by elimination it means either Don or Rodion was Cathy in that world pre-retcon, Heathmael shippers in shambles, either of them would be hilarious :v:

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
50 pulls. Not a single 000 result. :rolldice:

EDIT: Also, SYNC means Slice Your Neck Clean?

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 18, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

You know, I've seen people mention bringing Ahabmael to the Poise team, which yeah makes sense given she has Poise and really likes Pride chains. But who does she get replaced by on Bleed teams? I usually run BL+Cinqlair+Gregor for Poise (and I guess once I get Maid I'll replace Gregor with her).

Personally I use her for both teams since she actually gets something out of Bleed.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

It feels more patronizing than maternal imo. They're all children who don't know any better but someday they'll embrace their flaws and find true happiness as some hosed-up ally goblin who eats passers by

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yinlock posted:

It feels more patronizing than maternal imo. They're all children who don't know any better but someday they'll embrace their flaws and find true happiness as some hosed-up ally goblin who eats passers by

Sounds on brand for Carmen, honestly.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

I also interpreted it as a result of Carmen being 10,000+ years old where everyone seems really young compared to her even though most of her life experience is being in a jar.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

PetraCore posted:

I also interpreted it as a result of Carmen being 10,000+ years old where everyone seems really young compared to her even though most of her life experience is being in a jar.

Does that mean that the only one that does not get referred as child are Angela and Ayin? Does she call Angela "Teenager"?

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I don't think a Cathy ID would work, mostly because...we don't really know what she does? She was a drat good engineer and Every Catherine has all sorts of funky powers, but Every Catherine is high-level Mirror weirdness and there hasn't been anything indicating Cathy herself was a fighter. Except I guess that Hindley mentions being trained in fighting at school, but it clearly wasn't enough for him to not be the resident example of 'all the enhancements in the world mean nothing if you don't have the skills to back them up'.

Also, the fact that Carmen(and kind of Gregor and Ishmael) refers to Cathy specifically also lends itself to this. If another character took Cathy's place, presumably they would not have been cleared with the rest(maybe?).

That said, I had the feeling that Carmen had referred to other people as children before and it turns out I was right. Some random underlings of Mariachi Sinclair are referred to by her as children. That could be Day 1 weirdness, though.

t3isukone fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 20, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

t3isukone posted:

I don't think a Cathy ID would work, mostly because...we don't really know what she does? She was a drat good engineer and Every Catherine has all sorts of funky powers, but Every Catherine is high-level Mirror weirdness and there hasn't been anything indicating Cathy herself was a fighter. Except I guess that Hindley mentions being trained in fighting at school, but it clearly wasn't enough for him to not be the resident example of 'all the enhancements in the world mean nothing if you don't have the skills to back them up'.

Also, the fact that Carmen(and kind of Gregor and Ishmael) refers to Cathy specifically also lends itself to this. If another character took Cathy's place, presumably they would not have been cleared with the rest(maybe?).

That said, I had the feeling that Carmen had referred to other people as children before and it turns out I was right. Some random underlings of Mariachi Sinclair are referred to by her as children. That could be Day 1 weirdness, though.

tbf Hindley was an augmented drunk and Edgar had a really sharp sword, when you're rich in the City it doesn't take much to have some level of combat readiness even if you're not necessarily great at fighting

also a couple people in the thread are still going though C6 so let's hold off on untagged spoilers for a bit longer

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
So the shadow in Ryoshu's story apparently got extracted.

I wonder how this is gonna work? Will we just not get Mattcliff in favor of Erlkliff, or vice versa? Will Mattcliff turn into Erlkliff mid-fight when conditions are met? Or, and this is the one I'm hoping for but ultimately have to accept as only fantasy, will we get Mattcliff as an ID and Erlkliff as a synchronization EGO?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

I think we're probably just getting a more sane Erlking Heath. the one who was riding through mirror worlds racking up his hindley/linton killcounts.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

So the shadow in Ryoshu's story apparently got extracted.

I wonder how this is gonna work? Will we just not get Mattcliff in favor of Erlkliff, or vice versa? Will Mattcliff turn into Erlkliff mid-fight when conditions are met? Or, and this is the one I'm hoping for but ultimately have to accept as only fantasy, will we get Mattcliff as an ID and Erlkliff as a synchronization EGO?

I like how this is Heathcliff's LCB pose

I'm pretty sure it's just gonna be final-boss Erlkonig with nothing really fancy about it, as much as I want a HORSE INSTALL mechanic

e: 00 Erlkonig's Horse Don Quixote ID

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 19, 2024

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Surely Vergilius is the horse.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

PetraCore posted:

Surely Vergilius is the horse.
Probably.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
So, uh...

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1782679557709127874

Walpurgisnacht, huh?

Numbus26 fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 23, 2024

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Next week, I assume.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Poor Sinclair. No one deserves to get the Philip ID.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

philip got closer than anybody except xiao to manifesting ego so lets put some respect on his name

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I will not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to him

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

studio mujahideen posted:

philip got closer than anybody except xiao to manifesting ego so lets put some respect on his name

I feel a need to point out that Dongrang literally manifested E.G.O by accepting his purpose as a replaceable middle manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

getting EGO for expressing your full acceptance of being a cog in the suffering machine is bad press for the Light, we cant be rewarding this