Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)
Someone made a shitpost predicting Philip Sinclair a few hours before the announcement and it's quite enjoyable to go through the comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

where the gently caress is MD4

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
How long was the wait between the relase of Canto 5 and the introduction of the new MD? I forgot

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I'm playing lobcorp trying to do Gebura's Aleph breach mission and I've got 2 Aleph abnos, Nothing There and Blue Star. I also have two birds for Apocalypse Bird, Big Bird and Punishment Bird but Judgement Bird has not spawned yet. Is it worth fighting Nothing There and Judgement to at least get some progress or do I need to suppress all three alephs on the same day?

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

microfolk posted:

How long was the wait between the relase of Canto 5 and the introduction of the new MD? I forgot

Canto 5 released November 16th, MD3 Normal was released December 14th, then a week later was Hard.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I'm playing lobcorp trying to do Gebura's Aleph breach mission and I've got 2 Aleph abnos, Nothing There and Blue Star. I also have two birds for Apocalypse Bird, Big Bird and Punishment Bird but Judgement Bird has not spawned yet. Is it worth fighting Nothing There and Judgement to at least get some progress or do I need to suppress all three alephs on the same day?

Same day, just wait for an option to show.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
How's Limbus nowadays? I loved Ruina, but I installed Limbus at launch and immediatly bounced off it. It felt like I had no real agency in battles except picking Identities in advance, and that it was completely inscrutable what Identities I wanted to use for what content.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Elswyyr posted:

How's Limbus nowadays? I loved Ruina, but I installed Limbus at launch and immediatly bounced off it. It felt like I had no real agency in battles except picking Identities in advance, and that it was completely inscrutable what Identities I wanted to use for what content.
I find Limbus really really fun, but while I enjoy shuffling around which IDs to use and building teams with synergy it's by nature going to be a lot less complex than deckbuilding in Ruina. The plot is fantastic and some of the battles are really fun, the latest Canto's final boss was basically the most fun I've had playing Limbus, and the Mirror Dungeons and Railroads are good ways to challenge yourself in ways most of the non-boss battles in the stories don't.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Numbus26 posted:

So, uh...

Walpurgisnacht, huh?

Yess another Burn ID, one left until we shut out the boner squad entirely

when he hits 0 HP he should run away instead of die

e: also iirc april 30th is the actual walpurgis which is why we're getting this now i assume

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hostess with the Moltres posted:

All 3, Birdzodia is probably the best choice as the number of alephs that can be safely released and suppressed is low. Blue Star in particular will eat an entire facility in seconds and Nothing There is cheesable but a pain in the rear end.

Mountain of Smiling Bodies, Silent Orchestra and Melting Love are probably the "safest" Aleph breaches to handle as long as you jump them the second they get out

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Birdzodia also counts as 3 for the purposes of that mission. Remember that you have the rabbit team to help with breaches. They can deal nicely with Blue Star.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Yinlock posted:

Yess another Burn ID, one left until we shut out the boner squad entirely

when he hits 0 HP he should run away instead of die

e: also iirc april 30th is the actual walpurgis which is why we're getting this now i assume
Boner Squad being Liu Meur, Greg, and Hong Lu? Ryoshu's held up well on my burn squad and she's nice to get some diversified sins in there but honestly I've entirely cut out Greg at this point and just use him for his passive.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Birdzodia also counts as 3 for the purposes of that mission. Remember that you have the rabbit team to help with breaches. They can deal nicely with Blue Star.

Does Blue Star eating people count towards the clerks' rights abnos? The main danger of it is that every low level employee/clerk is immediately forefeit.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

Boner Squad being Liu Meur, Greg, and Hong Lu? Ryoshu's held up well on my burn squad and she's nice to get some diversified sins in there but honestly I've entirely cut out Greg at this point and just use him for his passive.

Yeah those 3, Ryoshu only flounders turn 1 when the enemies don't have 6+ burn, afterwards she's golden. Hong Lu has a solid spot on the bench so it's just Greg and Meursault really.

N Sinclair can replace one of them if you want to deal with his nonsense but in the end you gotta use at least 1 if you want a full Burn team.

e: I guess Ahabmael is very technically a Burn ID but whatever you know what I mean

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 23, 2024

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Philipclair is obviously meant to synergize with Seven Faust for teatime bonuses.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Yinlock posted:

All 3, Birdzodia is probably the best choice as the number of alephs that can be safely released and suppressed is low. Blue Star in particular will eat an entire facility in seconds and Nothing There is cheesable but a pain in the rear end.

Mountain of Smiling Bodies, Silent Orchestra and Melting Love are probably the "safest" Aleph breaches to handle as long as you jump them the second they get out

I'd add Army in Black and Censored to that list, provided you have execution bullets and don't mind doing some prepwork before dealing with them. Personally I've never liked dealing with Mountain's breaches and SIlent Orchestra is at the top of my "too much pain to keep in the facility beyond an extract and rewind" list.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

orchestra is fine depending on what weapons you've unlocked so far, and mountain is pretty easy to fight if you catch it early. i'd prefer either of them to apocalypse bird. most of the alephs are dps checks, so make sure you work on getting an aleph weapon from one of the easier ones, and it'll snowball you into the gear you need

blue star has some nasty interactions because of the clerk killing, but if you've unlocked execution bullets its also not that bad for the gebura mission. wouldn't want it in my final facility, though.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Hrm.

Would it be spoilers to talk about the lack of Keter Realization in my Black Silence analysis? Because Keter not having EGO until the god damned postgame is a big factor in me rating Black Silence.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Hrm.

Would it be spoilers to talk about the lack of Keter Realization in my Black Silence analysis? Because Keter not having EGO until the god damned postgame is a big factor in me rating Black Silence.

Yes, though BS has bigger issues than that(mostly in that it has all of 3 fights and is explicitly nerfed for the last one lol)

Aumanor posted:

I'd add Army in Black and Censored to that list, provided you have execution bullets and don't mind doing some prepwork before dealing with them. Personally I've never liked dealing with Mountain's breaches and SIlent Orchestra is at the top of my "too much pain to keep in the facility beyond an extract and rewind" list.

Army in Black is a huge pain in the rear end to deal with even if you're ready for it and nukes entire departments, it's probably the worst of the employee death abnos IMO.

Silent Orchestra breaches frequently but will go down very quickly with enough black weapons(and immediately with the full Pale suite). It's a good choice if you just want a breacher to put down for the quest. Mountain is unstoppable once it gets going but as long as you're ready for it's breach it's trivial to deal with with one slow bullet and an angry mob. It also gives a big visual indicator of when it's about to break out.

You're right that CENSORED also isn't bad just kind of annoying since it's too spooky

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 23, 2024

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

yeah if you have justice bird, you're well on your way to being able to suppress orchestra pretty quickly. any amount of pale damage is clutch

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021

GilliamYaeger posted:

Hrm.

Maybe just mention that Keter gets it's realization real late in the game that it never gets use? It's vague enough that blind people could assume it comes after the Binah and Hokma realizations and maybe forget that Keter hasn't had one by the final Reverb stretch?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Just don't bring it up at all, I'd say.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I ultimately decided to put off the review until after we do Hokma and Binah Realizations, so I can just go "we're at the big Ensemble fight and Keter Realization hasn't happened yet" with no issues.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
As good as black silence is or isn’t, it’s definitely hampered by there being all of one and a half fights left in the game where we can use it.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I don't even really see much of a use for Keter in modded post-game level fights.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

As good as black silence is or isn’t, it’s definitely hampered by there being all of one and a half fights left in the game where we can use it.

As someone who used it to grind out some pages for the finale, it's pretty good.

GilliamYaeger posted:

I ultimately decided to put off the review until after we do Hokma and Binah Realizations, so I can just go "we're at the big Ensemble fight and Keter Realization hasn't happened yet" with no issues.

or don't say anything at all. just talk about BS on it's own merits while ignoring it's horrific availability & floor

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 24, 2024

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

TeeQueue posted:

Would Ruina have been good with some post-game content where the Library is fighting off stuff from the Outskirt, allowing the later floor to experiment with?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Would Ruina have been good with some post-game content where the Library is fighting off stuff from the Outskirt, allowing the later floor to experiment with?

Maybe, but it also would have broken projmoon’s number one rule of “never break verisimilitude in the story.”

Player made receptions are all we have instead.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

TeeQueue posted:

Maybe, but it also would have broken projmoon’s number one rule of “never break verisimilitude in the story.”

Player made receptions are all we have instead.

How it would it have break it?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

At the end of the story, Angela returns all the poo poo we got, meaning we SHOULD have no pages left to equip and she’ll have to start from scratch and do things differently.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

At the end of the story, Angela returns all the poo poo we got, meaning we SHOULD have no pages left to equip and she’ll have to start from scratch and do things differently.

I suppose, though, we should still have any Abnormality stuff and Binah, Roland, and Gebura's key pages.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
limbus has decided it wants to server error :negative: there's not maintenance or anything afaict, what are you doing limbus

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I hadn't noticed but thanks to his new EGOs, Gregor now has both a team HP heal and a team SP heal. They are both higher rank than Faust's but... still works.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
my goto fights for testing out new modded floor builds are black silence and ensemble 2. which is all fine and dandy until the floor i want to test out is keter

id also like to note that i dont think not having ego hampers keter too much because i dont think most of its ego are actually good. Decent pages that are just way overcosted, either in light or downside

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 25, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KobunFan posted:

I hadn't noticed but thanks to his new EGOs, Gregor now has both a team HP heal and a team SP heal. They are both higher rank than Faust's but... still works.

They've both got some issues though. Bygone Days would have niche use in exactly the Sinking team since it has Fluid Sac's cost minus 3 envy(which that team doesn't use) except it actively sabotages Sinking so oops.

Garden is actually p. good in MD though(specifically on the burn team who a.res p. much constantly), never gonna see use outside of it obviously but it's something.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 25, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

my goto fights for testing out new modded floor builds are black silence and ensemble 2. which is all fine and dandy until the floor i want to test out is keter

id also like to note that i dont think not having ego hampers keter too much because i dont think most of its ego are actually good. Decent pages that are just way overcosted, either in light or downside

BS is an odd choice for a test drive, isn't that fight super long?

e: then again basically all the fights in the last third of the game or so are

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 25, 2024

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Yinlock posted:

BS is an odd choice for a test drive, isn't that fight super long?

i mean yeah thats the point

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

i mean yeah thats the point

I mean, for a test I'd use like the Hana or Rabbits or a more standard fight rather than the Roland Misery Power Hour, but i'm also pretty halfassed so :shrug:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjuN6WhJjZE

Walpurgis trailer in three minutes.

000 Philip Sinclair with a form change mechanic where he goes from regular Philip to EGO Philip.

Wingbeat Ishmael.

Red Shoes Rodion.

Yesod and Molar Office announcers.

And Mirror Dungeon 4.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

GilliamYaeger posted:

000 Philip Sinclair with a form change mechanic where he goes from regular Philip to EGO Philip.

Do we know it is this and not, like, 00 Dawn Office and 000 EGO ID?