Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I bet it was the refund thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

PlasticAutomaton posted:

PM folded and announced a 1300 Paid Lunacy pack at the same price that the BP currently is so lmao.

Should change their company name to 8 O'clock Circus at this rate.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Quackles posted:

I bet it was the refund thing.

Yeah in the post about it, they just outright say it's to make refund processing and management "more efficient".

lmao

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Right, so now the change actually really is just a way to get a discount on BP by purchasing the Great Value® Lunacy packs.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PlasticAutomaton posted:

PM folded and announced a 1300 Paid Lunacy pack at the same price that the BP currently is so lmao.

tbf iirc this is because due to exchange rate weirdness the new paid lunacy bp price was a hike for some people

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

If there's something we can say about PM is that they fold like a house of cards under public pressure, whether for good or for evil.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

If there's something we can say about PM is that they fold like a house of cards under public pressure, whether for good or for evil.

So you're saying bullying is a valid tactic for good, then? At least in PM's case.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Tremor - Decay's description says that it interacts the same way as normal Tremor does to effects that raise or reduce Tremor Potency/Count, which implies to me that once Oufi Heath swaps it over, you can keep Decay going with normal +Tremor Count infliction and he doesn't necessarily need to be constantly flipping it over to keep it up.

Also, technically, this could mean that, once it's on it, assuming that there is some regular Tremor added, not only will Tremor Burst apply twice for extra stagger raising, Rose Rodion could get 40% more damage from her passive activating on her S3, since it bursts twice already and this would make it burst four times.

edit: oh also, it's -1 Defense Level for every 4 Potency. At 99 Potency, that's 24 Def Level Down.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Plus the Tier 3 and Tier 4 artifact that cause Fragile whenever there is a tremor burst.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

They desaturated Dante!

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Quackles posted:

They desaturated Dante!

I wonder if this whole effect is to make the whole chapter feel like a flashback.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
unrelated note but uh I just checked Dante's Notes and... S Corp has a goddamn king, old-school style.

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

Is it too much to ask for an old style track or two, a la Feel from Lies of P?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Tremor - Decay's description says that it interacts the same way as normal Tremor does to effects that raise or reduce Tremor Potency/Count, which implies to me that once Oufi Heath swaps it over, you can keep Decay going with normal +Tremor Count infliction and he doesn't necessarily need to be constantly flipping it over to keep it up.

Also, technically, this could mean that, once it's on it, assuming that there is some regular Tremor added, not only will Tremor Burst apply twice for extra stagger raising, Rose Rodion could get 40% more damage from her passive activating on her S3, since it bursts twice already and this would make it burst four times.

edit: oh also, it's -1 Defense Level for every 4 Potency. At 99 Potency, that's 24 Def Level Down.

they should just make tremor do this normally rather than tie it to a specific ID

also according to reddit all tremor gen after it goes decay will be decay unless the stack hits 0 so double-burst is a no go, no fun allowed

anyway while the potential 24 def down is funny this seems like one of those "good on paper alright in practice" things.

e: that said it's at least a niche and definitely a step up from tremor's previous ideal use of "fighting steam transport machine specifically and nowhere else"

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 21, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

unrelated note but uh I just checked Dante's Notes and... S Corp has a goddamn king, old-school style.

S Corp is Feudal Korea basically.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

first time getting the bleed fusion gift and man that thing turns the bleed team into loving demons

heathcliff casually rolling 30s

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yinlock posted:

first time getting the bleed fusion gift and man that thing turns the bleed team into loving demons

heathcliff casually rolling 30s

It's wild how Bleed and Poise and Burn get gifts that make even bad units usable, and then you have Charge's which is like "hey, you get 2 Damage Up on turn 1 and 3 Offense Up if you use at least 12 charge (cause only "waste all charge" can even use up more than 15 charge) and you need the other Tier IV gift if you want more Offense for those. Like Rupture at least is "can sacrifice potency to keep count", Tremor gives you 1 free Stagger and fragile and Sinking gets back some used count.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

It's wild how Bleed and Poise and Burn get gifts that make even bad units usable, and then you have Charge's which is like "hey, you get 2 Damage Up on turn 1 and 3 Offense Up if you use at least 12 charge (cause only "waste all charge" can even use up more than 15 charge) and you need the other Tier IV gift if you want more Offense for those. Like Rupture at least is "can sacrifice potency to keep count", Tremor gives you 1 free Stagger and fragile and Sinking gets back some used count.

Yeah, it stands out because with all the support other types have gotten charge has been downgraded to merely extremely good rather than a million miles ahead of everything else. This is because of when they were made but it's still weird nowadays that every fusion gift is at least somewhat absurd except Charge which is just a weird conditional damage boost.

e: Rupture's gifts are fun because with enough of them you can make a working(albeit not great) rupture team without a single real rupture ID. Happened to me once and was pretty funny.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 21, 2024

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yinlock posted:

Yeah, it stands out because with all the support other types have gotten charge has been downgraded to merely extremely good rather than a million miles ahead of everything else. This is because of when they were made but it's still weird nowadays that every fusion gift is at least somewhat absurd except Charge which is just a weird conditional damage boost.

e: Rupture's gifts are fun because with enough of them you can make a working(albeit not great) rupture team without a single real rupture ID. Happened to me once and was pretty funny.

I'll be honest that I wrote that because I did my MDH with Charge and had to quit at Kim cause I just. Wasn't doing damage. Because I fused a lot of gifts trying to get the last ones I needed (I got Downpour, only Red Gossy and Fragments left) so I lost a lot of extra benefits.

Ironically Employee Card/Thunderbranch and CV/Night Googles are the real Tier IV gifts for charge since they give you a shitton of charge and then let you use all that extra charge to increase offense and power.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I'll be honest that I wrote that because I did my MDH with Charge and had to quit at Kim cause I just. Wasn't doing damage. Because I fused a lot of gifts trying to get the last ones I needed (I got Downpour, only Red Gossy and Fragments left) so I lost a lot of extra benefits.

Ironically Employee Card/Thunderbranch and CV/Night Googles are the real Tier IV gifts for charge since they give you a shitton of charge and then let you use all that extra charge to increase offense and power.

fully-upgraded Employee Card is cracked I agree. Nebulizer is also arguably better than the Poise fusion gift rn due to how pride-heavy the poise team is

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
On the other hand Lucky Pouch (poise fusion gift) makes every Skill 3 roll ridiculously high (Cinqlair can go for something like 35-38) alongside it's poise generating effect which in a blade lineage team isn't really that much worse than Nebulizer, let alone running both of them at the same time. But yeah, the Bleed fusion gift is absolutely ridiculous :unsmigghh:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh yeah, Nebulizer and Lucky Pouch with the Boy's Love Crew is a disgusting (positive) combination. But I'd put Bloody Rag above it for the sole reason it makes NFaust feel like it's Season 1 again.

Also complaining always works, did a Burn run (also disgusting) where I got to fuse Red Gossypium, and the next Bleed run had Piece of Relationship on a shop, so I have a full compedium before Season 4 :toot: Hope thay won't clear it up when changing MD. Also I should have done more Normal runs, I basically barely did half the Starlight tree, cause I bought the higher chance and +1 starting gift nodes for my objective. Still have 1000 boxes though.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

microfolk posted:

On the other hand Lucky Pouch (poise fusion gift) makes every Skill 3 roll ridiculously high (Cinqlair can go for something like 35-38) alongside it's poise generating effect which in a blade lineage team isn't really that much worse than Nebulizer, let alone running both of them at the same time. But yeah, the Bleed fusion gift is absolutely ridiculous :unsmigghh:
Lucky Pouch also makes one specific Skill 3 roll ridiculously low - Yield My Flesh rolls a big fat 0 with Lucky Pouch, which is really nice.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

microfolk posted:

Oh yeah pouch itself is still really good, nebulizer is just idiotic in terms of poise generation. It does need upgrades though

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

Yinlock posted:

Oh yeah pouch itself is still really good, nebulizer is just idiotic in terms of poise generation. It does need upgrades though

I forgot Nebulizer can be upgraded! There is so much unnecessary stuff to make the Yaoi team even stronger than it already is, too bad that the event is gone now, I missed being able to crit 100% of the times with Kim's hat

Also complaining always works, did a Burn run (also disgusting) where I got to fuse Red Gossypium, and the next Bleed run had Piece of Relationship on a shop, so I have a full compedium before Season 4 :toot: Hope thay won't clear it up when changing MD. Also I should have done more Normal runs, I basically barely did half the Starlight tree, cause I bought the higher chance and +1 starting gift nodes for my objective. Still have 1000 boxes though.

I think I'm doing something terribly wrong because I can't seem to find Lunar Memory :smith: I saw it once at the beginning of the past season and after that it completely disappeared, and I do quite a bit of MD runs.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

microfolk posted:

I forgot Nebulizer can be upgraded! There is so much unnecessary stuff to make the Yaoi team even stronger than it already is, too bad that the event is gone now, I missed being able to crit 100% of the times with Kim's hat

I think I'm doing something terribly wrong because I can't seem to find Lunar Memory :smith: I saw it once at the beginning of the past season and after that it completely disappeared, and I do quite a bit of MD runs.

Upgraded nebulizer starts generating count and works on res instead of a.res, it's pretty funny

The rarest gifts are really rare so you're likely just unlucky.

e: oh base also generates count, upgrades do take the a.res requirement away though. any 2 pride skills gives everyone free poise and you get a free +5/+5 each wave

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 21, 2024

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah, Lunar Memory is just That Rare, I was lucky to see it even once. Honestly I should have gone for shop Starlight upgrades to let you refresh/buy more rather than chance increase, didn't feel much of a difference. At least for most of the Tier IV gifts you can fuse 3 Tier III's of the same Sin to guarantee them since Tier III are much, much easier to find. Exceptions being Burn (we lost Red Tassel so there's only 2 Wrath gifts) and Bleed (We only have 1 Tier III Lust gift anyways, even with the event one), Faith and Piece of Relationship (both being general so you gotta fuse 3 T3 and pray). Well, and NDA + Ancient Effigy, but besides being hard Abno events they seem to be common enough.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I've yet to spend the Season 3 extraction ticket, but I have everything from Season 3 and I don't know if the ticket will expire when the season ends. Should I just burn it now to get extra shards?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Solitair posted:

I've yet to spend the Season 3 extraction ticket, but I have everything from Season 3 and I don't know if the ticket will expire when the season ends. Should I just burn it now to get extra shards?

i assume you'll get literally nothing from saving it so why not

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Does it strike anyone else as odd that the Middle IDs cause bleed when they are entirely bare fisted?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

KobunFan posted:

Does it strike anyone else as odd that the Middle IDs cause bleed when they are entirely bare fisted?

They're punching people with the chains wrapped around their arms/fists. Similar to the Rusted Chains from Library of Ruina.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Solitair posted:

The ticket doesn't expire, so if you're burning it for extra shards, wait until the new season drops because if you do it now, it's getting cut in half.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Solitair posted:

It doesn’t expire when the season changes so you can use it in season 4 for more shards.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I just had the amazing realization that Heath's "I gotta look good for Cathy" thingy which we still haven't done will probably require, in essence, a Queer Eye For The Straight Guy moment.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCvMEbppa14

Season 4 trailer in half an hour.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 22, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Butler Outis and....Heathcliff Meursault????

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Junpei posted:

I just had the amazing realization that Heath's "I gotta look good for Cathy" thingy which we still haven't done will probably require, in essence, a Queer Eye For The Straight Guy moment.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCvMEbppa14

Season 4 trailer in half an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCvMEbppa14

Trailer here, it rules.

Dreaming Electric Sheep for Meursault and Don.

I'm not sure what Gregor and Sinclair are getting but it looks plant based.

Bound King Outis and Heathcliff.

Also, Butler Outis and what I'm guessing is Oufi Meursault.

Edit: Seeing Portrait of a Certain Day being said for Gregor and Sinclair.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Mar 22, 2024

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Gregor and Yi Sang, actually, and it's from the event Portrait of a Certain Day.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Well.

I have a new forever announcer, I suppose.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I do think Outis and Heathcliff both getting Bound King makes a lot of sense the more I look at it.

Since their stories are both about the long journey and then return home bound by fate and love, family and pain.

Also Penelope/Cathy as their reason for fighting on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCvMEbppa14

Trailer here, it rules.

Dreaming Electric Sheep for Meursault and Don.

Bound King Outis and Heathcliff.

Also, Butler Outis and what I'm guessing is Oufi Meursault.

Meursault isn't in the Öufi uniform and he's wielding a nailed up baseball bat instead of their polearm/amputation weapon, dude is screaming Syndicate.
E: He's probably one of those rabbit head mobs throughout the trailer, same bat weapon and there seems to be a bunny ear in each of Meursault's arts.

RandomReader fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Mar 22, 2024