Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
So, uh, I can't figure out how to force a corroded ego (Rime Shark Shank). When I click and hold it just says "you don't have the resources [to use or overclock].

PC version if it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Goatse James Bond posted:

So, uh, I can't figure out how to force a corroded ego (Rime Shark Shank). When I click and hold it just says "you don't have the resources [to use or overclock].

You need to actually have the resources to use the EGO.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

To force corrode you need at least the required resources to use the normal version of the EGO. To Overclock you need 50% more of those resources than is stated.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GilliamYaeger posted:

You need to actually have the resources to use the EGO.

see i got confused when people were talking about using corroded rime shank as an opener

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

see i got confused when people were talking about using corroded rime shank as an opener
In most of the really hard fights, you'll have an opportunity to build up resources beforehand. Either from an initial wave or two or weaker enemies, or from previous fights in a sequence in RR or dungeons.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'll agree that at the very least she isn't the mastermind in this whole thing, merely complicit in it. If she survives, she'll almost certainly end up with either of the shady antagonist groups - either N Corp or Demian. I'd lean towards N Corp.

At this point my working theory is that Cathy is dead, because she attempted to commit quantum suicide and shunt herself over to the Mirror dimension she saw where she was happy with Heathcliff and Linton, and that the Cathy controlling all of this is a different version of her Identity forced onto somebody else. Because we *know* Cathy is in some way resonating with the Bough from how the manor is acting and how her memories keep turning up—the nail in the coffin being the reactivity of her diary. But we also know because of how Oufi contracts are that either she's actually dead or she's going to be once they find out she pulled one over on them.

And the 'thing in the basement', presumably the actual Lobcorp facility with its own golden bough, is probably going to be very important for Heathcliff and the sinners, using resonating with it to 'clear' Cathy's influence over the manor and the three dudes whose lives are intertwined with hers. I think in this case that the mastermind Cathy or whoever's in the mirror will survive, and might be important in furthering N Corp's mirror experiments, so that when we revisit Heathcliff in Purgatorio they have a face-to-face confrontation.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

In most of the really hard fights, you'll have an opportunity to build up resources beforehand. Either from an initial wave or two or weaker enemies, or from previous fights in a sequence in RR or dungeons.

that said Sinking is generally applied in big enough quantities that you don't really have to open with Rime Shank to get something out of it(though it helps), Rime Shank is just the NEED SINKING NOW button for poo poo like RR Ahab or enemies that use "kill you" as an opener

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 30, 2024

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Sin/color predictions for the three EGO?

Honestly, Envy could be all 3. It's definitely Electric Screaming, but Bygone Days could be Gloom (because Sinking gift), and Chains could be Pride.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Assuming that PM doesn't completely throw out everything about how Mirror Dungeons work yet again, I figure now's a decent time to start making multiple teams to take advantage of rest bonuses. Is there a resource that can brief me on what IDs go best where?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Solitair posted:

Assuming that PM doesn't completely throw out everything about how Mirror Dungeons work yet again, I figure now's a decent time to start making multiple teams to take advantage of rest bonuses. Is there a resource that can brief me on what IDs go best where?

I've finally reassembled my Tremor team and took it on a run through MD3H so I can share my comps. These are probably not optimised for efficient status buildiup, my overriding priority in any comp is to clash everything and, at least on paper, win every clash. All teams are also built around the assumption that, unlocks permitting, you're always starting witht the fusion gift components, and, for Hard dungeons, always starting with the 500 starlight T4 gift (except for charge, the charge fusion gift is bad and you want to start with Lightning Rod and Employee Card.

Charge: W Faust, Don, Ryoshu, Hong Lu, Rhino Meursault, Reindeer Ishmael. Rest is filler. Clashes decently and with both Lightning Rod and Charge-Type Gloves it becomes possible to open up the fight with the big S3 skill without having to spend a turn or two building up to them (and thus the S1->S3 skill swaps in the shop suddenly become not only practical but optimal). Has some issues getting through the inflated defences and health totals on the later floors.

Sinking: Spicebush Yisang, R.B. Ryoshu (there to pad out the team and help with the clashing), Dieci Hong Lu and Rodion, Wuthering Heights Outis. Support Mariachi Sinclair, rest is filler. Hit them with Rime Shank, then hit them with Bloodsteeped Scent.

Rupture: W Yisang, Seven Faust and Outis, Lantern Don, K Hong Lu, Seven Heathcliff. Support Seven Ryoshu, Dead Rabbits Meursault, Red Sheet Sinclair. The team in most dire need of new IDs to help out with clashing, Yisang really wants to be on a charge team for their gifts but is indispensable on this one. Of all the teams listed, this is the one I'd categorically advise agains taking into MDH.

Bleed: N Faust, Middle Don, Kurokumo Ryoshu and Rodion, Rabbit Heathcliff and Twinhook Gregor. Support Pequod Yisang and Kurokumo Hong Lu. Cobbled together from the leftovers of the Poise team, relies entirely on Bloody Mist to coast through because that gift is absurd. Do not attempt Hard without it.

Burn: LCR Faust as the unrelated sixth ID, Liu Ryoshu, Ishmael, Rodion, Gregor, Magic Bullet Outis. Support Liu Meursault and Hong Lu. Again, relies on Soothe the Dead to carry it through the harder clashes, getting the bonus T4 for this comp is an absolute, all-overriding priority because Glimpse of Flames makes everything explode on turn 2 at the latest (Witht the exception of Centipede. Centipede gets to live until T3).

Poise: BL Yisang, Faust, Meursault, Pequod Healthcliff and Ishmael, Cinq Sinclair. Support BL Don, base Hong Lu (to help heel Ishmael's SP up) and Zwei Rodion. Not really much to add on this one, link the blues and watch the numbers go high.

Tremor: Molar Yisang and Outis, Regret Faust, Tingtang Hong Lu (filler, clash support), Oufi Heathcliff, Rosespanner Rodion. Support Rosespanner Meursault, Sloshing Ish, Molar Sinclair. One annoying downside of this team is that you're much more likely to get a dud skill exchange option in the store since neither Outis nor Faust particularily wants to get one, since getting rid of their S1s hamstrings their resource generation. Other than that, try to get Melted Eyeball, those Offense Level Down stacks can get pretty funny.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Aumanor posted:

Tremor: Molar Yisang and Outis, Regret Faust, Tingtang Hong Lu (filler, clash support), Oufi Heathcliff, Rosespanner Rodion. Support Rosespanner Meursault, Sloshing Ish, Molar Sinclair. One annoying downside of this team is that you're much more likely to get a dud skill exchange option in the store since neither Outis nor Faust particularily wants to get one, since getting rid of their S1s hamstrings their resource generation. Other than that, try to get Melted Eyeball, those Offense Level Down stacks can get pretty funny.

Green Spirit is also great for keeping every enemy tremor'd out the rear end, and Reverbation is completely fuckin nuts against bosses and even unfocused fights depending on your gift situation(20+ tremor on anything gives it 2 bind and 1 paralyze. every turn. Siltcurrent Simulator.)

Aumanor posted:

Bleed: N Faust, Middle Don, Kurokumo Ryoshu and Rodion, Rabbit Heathcliff and Twinhook Gregor. Support Pequod Yisang and Kurokumo Hong Lu. Cobbled together from the leftovers of the Poise team, relies entirely on Bloody Mist to coast through because that gift is absurd. Do not attempt Hard without it.

I wish Don had a real bleed ID, Wishing Cairn is great but she can't really take advantage of it at all

e: N Don can I guess but she prefers the N corp team since she gets the most out of a lot of Nails rather than Bleed itself

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 30, 2024

diccolo pick
Mar 8, 2024

Solitair posted:

Bleed:
ahab ish
queecliff
middle don
n faust
hook hong
pirate greg
almost anything with bleed/nails on every skill, pequod sang, n rodion, kk greg, chef greg all magically becomes decent/good with bloody mist
middle sault on the bench as ahab sanity insurance while you spam winrate

Burn:
lobcorp outis, liu ish+rodion+ryoshu all necessary
ut4 liu greg is decent with soothe the dead plus all the other md burn gifts prepping his bonus coin power
liu sault and hong suck rear end but soothe the dead is almost good enough to play around their awful skill 2s
non burn filler 6th if you've got something good free

Charge:
w don
w ryoshu
r sault
r heath
r ish
rosespanner rodya, I stole her from my tremor team after I gave up on it
w faust if you need fluid sac to not die
w sault/hong/filler

Poise:
full blade lineage is the simplest suggestion
I swapped bl sinclair and outis for cinq sinclair and pirate greg because they suck rear end and I don't want to uptie them
you can also throw pequods here but I like them in bleed more
shi heathcliff is my old poise guilty pleasure but he's a chore to use

Rupture:
w sang, lantern don, 7 faust, 7 heath are all very good for maintaining count
then pick 2 of
kcorp hong with shredder
7 outis with ebony stem
rs greg
dead rabbit sault maybe
lccb ish but get ready to bench her if the first shop doesn't let you swap in another skill 3
talisman sinclair isn't worth setting up in md but benching him then doing big gluttony chains to slap on 12+ talisman can be funny, especially with the fusion gift

Sinking:
dieci rodion with rime shank
dieci hong
butler outis
molar ish
spice sang
mariachi sinclair sucks but he can evade whenever he's in trouble while also building gloom so he's technically not a liability
filler 6th with gloom/envy otherwise
if you don't have molar ish you can use r corp, some people say she "provides nothing to a sinking team" but that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Tremor:
tremor sucks don't use it, you only need 6 teams for a full cycle
I cycled it out as soon as burn became useable, tried one run after oufi cliff came out and he did not save it
lobcorp faust
molar outis
rs rodion
oufi cliff
n don
some other 00 with tremor burst
ut4 base sault/heath/ish are all competitive for the 6th slot
just make second bleed team

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
I use a sinking team (every good sinking id, so all of them except for g outis and mariachi sinclair) + one extra, probably faust for her ego

"poise" team thats new blade lineage, bl yi sang, cap ish, and then either cinqlair or twinhook gregor depending on how much I need gluttony and lust resources

and charge team thats just w corp don/ryoshu, r corp ish/meur/heath

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Solitair posted:

i'll take a stab at it, this is just what i'm using/suggestions based on my own biases rather than objective meta analysis

Bleed: Most "Bleed" IDs are weird technicalities that only inflict like 1 Bleed but that's enough to activate the fusion gift so it doesn't really matter. It's a weird team to build as a result though. Anyway if you're actually looking to leverage the status and not just bulldoze with the absurd fusion gift(though you can do both) there's a few options. Bleed really wants that fusion gift though.

Kurokumo Ryoshu & Hook Hong Lu: actually inflict Bleed Count.
R Meursault: Also actually inflicts Bleed Count but very weirdly.
Ahab Ishmael: Gets some nice bonuses from Bleed
Pequod Heathcliff: Isn't really going to do much with Bleed but since Ahabmael is coming along he might as well show up too.
N Faust: nails nails nails nails
N Don: nails nails nails nails. Also Wishing Cairn.

Generally anything that inflicts bleed/nails a lot is good no matter the amount solely because the fusion gift is insane.

Burn: Most straightforward team due to being contained within a single archetype for the most part. The Liu Boys are notoriously dogshit and really want that fusion gift.

Magic Bullet Outis: Non-negotiable if you want to use Burn at all outside of MD.
Liu Ishmael, Rodion & Ryoshu: The a+ students, Ryoshu needs 6+ burn on the enemies but that'll take like 1 turn tops even without gifts.
Liu Gregor & Meursault: The boner squad. These guys fuckin suck but there's no other options, the fusion gift makes them slightly better but even it can't fully fix them.
Liu Hong Lu: He's very useful on the bench but don't let him fight.

Rupture: this is the one I skipped so I don't know poo poo about Rupture besides the basics. It's as busted as anything else with ego gifts and a pain in the rear end to use outside of MD due to the very limited Count application.

Charge: yeah these guys are still good. Their fusion gift blows though.

W Don, W Ryoshu and R Ishmael: Haven't stopped being three of the best IDs in the game
W Hong Lu: Mr. Good Enough. Not as much of a team player as he seems but PM's favorite son cannot have a bad ID.
R Heathcliff: Not really a charge ID but who cares.
W Faust: Ms. Good Enough. Doesn't really do much but she clashes well, W Yi Sang is probably better if you have him and don't have a Rupture team.

Sinking: The (really good) status is kind of ancillary to the fact that these IDs are fuckin cracked

Spicebush Yi Sang: it's your boy
Molar Ishmael: Inflicts an insane amount of Count
Dieci Rodion: Rime Shank. The rest of her kit isn't really super Sinking-focused but she can throw out enough Count to piggyback off of a stack.
Butler Outis: Inflicts a lot of Sinking and does horrible things to the SP-ravaged enemies as a result of it.
Dieci Hong Lu: only technically a Sinking ID but ungas that bunga like nobody else if he hits 3 Insight. Wants slot 1 very badly. Once he gets that magic 3 put defense skills on his bar so he stops discarding and go nuts.

and now the wrinkle, the two Sinking options remaining are Sunshower Heathcliff, who is garbage, and Mariachi Sinclair, who is also garbage. My suggestion: Use neither and take a good ID from elsewhere.

Poise: yeah you know what's up here. Select blues and win.

Blade Lineage Meursault, Yi Sang, Faust, & Don: The Bone Claimer shockingly did not stop being amazing.
Cinq Sinclair: Easy blue access, big damage and speed.
Cinq Outis: Ditto
Ahab Ishmael: yeah she can go here too if she's not busy or anything.

Tremor: Tremor as a status blows chunks, however it has some good IDs which keeps it afloat. Specializes in destroying single enemies which is a shame considering 99% of the game's fights aren't that. Wants all the gifts which will generally lead to enemies having like 3 rows of debuffs.

Molar Outis: Select highest skill whenever possible, unga bunga.
Regret Faust: AoE death machine with really easy to manage self-count due to her S2 going positive on Tremor Count if it's effect isn't activated.
Oufi Heathcliff: Decay isn't as good as it looks on paper but it's decent vs abnos and he's still a solid ID.
LCCB Ishmael: S2 inflicts Decay's condition of 20 tremor+count with a single use which is fuckin absurd.
Rosespanner Rodion: Damage. Effervescent Corrosion is also an easy way to slap Count on enemies.
Molar Yi Sang: He's alright. Rosespanner Meursault works too though he eats your count.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 30, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I will say the full N Corp Team is surprisingly functional after the unique bleed fix. It isn't amazing but it frees up a bunch of other identities because N Corp is basically useless on any other team anyway (no, running N Clair on the burn team does not count and is no longer really worth it now they have the full Liu Squad and Outis regardless).

Nails is still by far the best way to keep a bleed stack on a single target, and N Corp Sinclair is way less of a management headache when he's got all the squad around him to help with Lust.

You're ultimately relying on the bleed and N Sinclair to kill stuff, but there are worse things to rely on than bleed and N Sinclair to kill stuff. Make sure to use the defensives, they shore up the teams clashing issues until you get the bleed special gift, Faust has an amazing dodge, and Meursault is exceptionally tanky with a counter and the ability to give himself protection, and debuff cleansing.

You do unfortunately need everyone to fuel Faust Blood Sack, which is going to be putting in work, but I'd say the N Corp 00s are some of the more functional team filling 00 units. All of them has at least one good clashing skill, and they apply nails or bleed on basically everything once you get the special ego gift.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 30, 2024

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
On the topic of Mirror Dungeons,

This was my second fusion on that rest stop, the first one took in Nixie Divergence and Rusted Muzzle and spat out Fluorescent loving Lamp.

I hate HATE hateHATEhateHaTehAtEHAAAAAAAATE the random factor in fusing gifts. Whoever wrote in that guide that the chance for getting the proper type of gift from fusing the same affinities was 50% was absolutely full of poo poo, I've run upwards of 80 MDs last season (I'm fine, no need to stage an intervention) and I'd be SHOCKED if that chance is anything over 25%.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I mostly agree with Yinlock with some additions:

-I will die by the hill of NClair on Burn Teams. His skills count for the Fusion Gift, SP management on him isn't that hard (you either defend if getting too low or use 9:2 if too high), he still hits like a truck and lets you not use one of the Liu 00 (or technically none of them, since you only need 5 IDs for the fusion gift so you could use a good generic ID)

-Rupture's core is W Sang, 7 Faust and 7 Cliff as the guys who provide the most count. KHong and CompDon are great tanks that also help with count, but you generally run one to benefit from the other's passive. Biggest issue is the rest of the Rupture IDs that could be good (DeadRabbit or WSault, 7Outis, GGregor) eat a lot of count, 7Outis being the least problematic. TalismanSinclair is terrible in MD because the Rupture gifts aren't gonna let him get to 5 Talisman for his S3. Sloshmael for moral support.

-Middle!Don and Middle!Sault are acceptable options for Bleed since the gift is busted and Pequod+NFaust give Envy Resonance. Biggest issue is the Bleed Count crew has no Envy which really fucks over Don. Sault's passive is good though since it's free Sanity.

-Twinhook Gregor can work on both Bleed and Poise as Gregor's best ID (though it ain't saying much). Probably better on Poise since he has Pride.

-On Charge WFaust sucks a bit too much IMO, and due to his mechanics RSault I'd say is better here since he gets big powerups from charge and is basically the only tanky charge ID. The bleed count goes to waste though.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Run Talisman Sinclair backrow and K Corp Hong Lu front row. Sinclair will almost always give Hong Lu the Talismans which is super safe and helps since on his own K Corp Hong Lu doesn't apply Rupture often enough.

Just requires you to have a good amount of gluttony, which the 7 association identities do. I personally don't bother with W Yi Sang, because I think the gluttony res rupture team is more generally useful. Yeah you need gifts to maintain count, but you're in Mirror Dungeons.

My usual Rupture frontline is Seven Heath, Seven Faust, Seven Outis (with Ebony Apple), K Hong Lu, G Corp Gregor and I forget the last one.

W Hong Lu is secretly very nice for the Charge team, and if I had him levelled I'd be using him all the time rather than some of the time (W Yi Sang also helps here because Charge has a lot of bad front line IDs).

Edit: also realistically you only need 2 Hard mirror dungeon teams if they repeat the rotation thing, you can alternate them per week and then just run enough normals during the week to get the maximum benefit on the other hard mode capable team.

Provided an identity is uptie 3 (maybe 4 for some of them) they can be any level and work perfectly well for normal Mirror Dungeons. And you also only need your front line levelled if you're willing to back out of deaths and redo fights. Which means 2 teams with 6 level 40-45 Sinners for your Hard runs should be enough.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 30, 2024

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

-On Charge WFaust sucks a bit too much IMO, and due to his mechanics RSault I'd say is better here since he gets big powerups from charge and is basically the only tanky charge ID. The bleed count goes to waste though.

On the topic of Faust, it needs to be remembered that even if the ID in question is bad, she's still Faust, and a Charge team will generate enough resources that she can get away with spamming Fluid Sac any time she needs to clash anything problematic, same deal with Hong Lu and Land of Illusion. They're still both on the chopping block once enough serviceable IDs come out, I just don't have a spare 000 to plug a hole in the comp at the moment.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I mostly agree with Yinlock with some additions:

-I will die by the hill of NClair on Burn Teams. His skills count for the Fusion Gift, SP management on him isn't that hard (you either defend if getting too low or use 9:2 if too high), he still hits like a truck and lets you not use one of the Liu 00 (or technically none of them, since you only need 5 IDs for the fusion gift so you could use a good generic ID)

-Rupture's core is W Sang, 7 Faust and 7 Cliff as the guys who provide the most count. KHong and CompDon are great tanks that also help with count, but you generally run one to benefit from the other's passive. Biggest issue is the rest of the Rupture IDs that could be good (DeadRabbit or WSault, 7Outis, GGregor) eat a lot of count, 7Outis being the least problematic. TalismanSinclair is terrible in MD because the Rupture gifts aren't gonna let him get to 5 Talisman for his S3. Sloshmael for moral support.

-Middle!Don and Middle!Sault are acceptable options for Bleed since the gift is busted and Pequod+NFaust give Envy Resonance. Biggest issue is the Bleed Count crew has no Envy which really fucks over Don. Sault's passive is good though since it's free Sanity.

-Twinhook Gregor can work on both Bleed and Poise as Gregor's best ID (though it ain't saying much). Probably better on Poise since he has Pride.

I forgot about N Sinclair, I don't use him much because i'm too lazy to deal with the SP but yeah he'll absolutely shred on Burn if you're willing to put up with the hassle

W Faust does nothing but clash decently well so you're right that switching her for Meur is probably better if you have him and aren't using him on Bleed

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Be honest did you have a double-take moment when you were fighting the Red Eye Dead Rabbits and you heard the glass shattering sound which you associated with someone on your side dying, but nobody bit it

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Junpei posted:

Be honest did you have a double-take moment when you were fighting the Red Eye Dead Rabbits and you heard the glass shattering sound which you associated with someone on your side dying, but nobody bit it

I didn't notice it because I was too busy trying not to die from their SP shenanigans.

Just did a diving into Limbus Tumblr and I'm thinking if it isn't possible that since Heathcliff left without a word and only had Catherine/Wuthering Height, that Catherine would try to fuse with Heathcliff or try to don an ID associated with him, similarly to Love Twon type of shenanigans?

e: Also is anyone is going to mention how pretty the design are? No? Okay.

e2: In my search for more Limbus content, I have stumbled upon the theory that Outis is Nelly mom, since they share similar design (same eyes for exemple) and Odysseus is know to have made multiple children.

L.U.I.G.I fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 31, 2024

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I didn't notice it because I was too busy trying not to die from their SP shenanigans.

Just did a diving into Limbus Tumblr and I'm thinking if it isn't possible that since Heathcliff left without a word and only had Catherine/Wuthering Height, that Catherine would try to fuse with Heathcliff or try to don an ID associated with him, similarly to Love Twon type of shenanigans?

e: Also is anyone is going to mention how pretty the design are? No? Okay.

My :tinfoil: went to similar, but slightly different direction: Cathy believes that our Heathcliff fully abandoned her, is introduced to Mirror technology by N-Corp/Ring and decides/is persuaded to lure our Heathcliff back to the Wuthering Heights to fully rewrite him with Heathcliff ID that still loves her. Which is the Heathcliff from the Mirror World Butler Outis and other 4th Season IDs are from.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

well finally cleared canto 5 with the help of butlis (turns out you can switch teams at checkpoints)

boy can kong lu do some tanking work on tough fights, my man just sat there and absorbed the prey marks until i won

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 31, 2024

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Junpei posted:

It was gradual for me. First I noticed the corpses turned into random dead Rats. Then I heard the noise, and THEN I saw the visual effect. It was kinda cool.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

I didn't notice at all until it was pointed out because i tend to play it super safe so i'm not really used to sinners dying

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
is there any specific kind of status/theme team for you all that you just refuse to bother with?

personally I can't see myself ever actually building a rupture team. every other theme, sure, but not rupture

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

PetraCore posted:

Thinking about what we've seen of Catherine so far, and I'm not convinced she's the villain of the Canto even if she's definitely up to some weird and shady poo poo and may or may not be dead. I'm actually leaning towards not dead, because Nelly didn't see the body and we know Linton would lie about things to conspire with her. But the Oufi involvement and dividing of assets implies she's legally dead. It's weird. I'm holding off judgement.

But going back to the villain thing, I guess for me it's more that a lot if the things we've seen so far imply the shady stuff at Wuthering Heights goes back way further than her, and whatever she's doing now, it was triggered by a conversation with her mystery visitor. Heathcliff and Cathy overidentify and blur boundaries with each other so much in the book, I kind of feel like when she was talking about how she's the only thing Heathcliff has, she means Heathcliff is the only thing she has. There's a lot going on to imply she was a deeply unhappy person even given the luxuries she had that Heathcliff lacks, and the Limbus version seems similar, with the conversation about birds. She's definitely supposed to be smart, and the Limbus version asking for a multi-purpose wrench at the age of 6 instead of a horse whip implies a strong interest in engineering, but it also kind of feels like someone very carefully presented her with information in such a way as to provoke a specific reaction from her, and we need to know who that was and how she found out about the mirror worlds.

None of this prevents her from being a villain, of course, but I get the feeling Limbus is trying to make her a fairly complex character, and if she is alive at the end of this all, I could see a couple different ways it could go. I wouldn't call her Heathcliff's primary abuser at all from what we've seen so far, but there's always time for her to dig herself deeper in that emotional hole.

Big agree, specifically with 'things were going on before Cathy'. Everything about the older Earnshaws is incredibly suspicious-even ignoring that Mrs. Earnshaw may or may not be haunting the house as well as Cathy, there's also that she was the one to seal off the basement which Outisphine's lines imply had something freaky going on down in there even before whatever Cathy did. Not to even get into Mr. Earnshaw-considering everything in this universe, I doubt that he took in a random starving kid out of the many, many starving kids in the Backstreets out of the kindness of his heart.

It's also interesting to note that Linton Edgar seems to be drawing on Heathcliff's son Linton as much as on Edgar Linton, and a lot of the story of the second generation in Wuthering Heights is about generational trauma.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

is there any specific kind of status/theme team for you all that you just refuse to bother with?

personally I can't see myself ever actually building a rupture team. every other theme, sure, but not rupture

Ditto, Rupture has historically been absolutely awful and while it's somewhat more viable now I'd have to build a team from scratch for it and that is a huge investment for direct damage when I can just press the funny dark flame button and get a similar result

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

Gluttony rupture is fun watching things melt. Especially if I can get an ebony stem off.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Lt. Lizard posted:

My :tinfoil: went to similar, but slightly different direction: Cathy believes that our Heathcliff fully abandoned her, is introduced to Mirror technology by N-Corp/Ring and decides/is persuaded to lure our Heathcliff back to the Wuthering Heights to fully rewrite him with Heathcliff ID that still loves her. Which is the Heathcliff from the Mirror World Butler Outis and other 4th Season IDs are from.

Honestly, if that does happen, it'll be pretty funny.

Catherine: [rewrites Heathcliff to Mirror Heathcliff]
Dante: <I can't let you do that.> [pushes button on PDA, Heathcliff reverts to base Heathcliff]
Catherine: :mad:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do you think the directed lightning bolts are actually a security system or like, one of Cathy's powers she's using with the Golden Bough inside of her body or whatever

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Do you think the directed lightning bolts are actually a security system or like, one of Cathy's powers she's using with the Golden Bough inside of her body or whatever
Beep beep, it's the sheep.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
also in my re-read I noticed that Outis gets one line about "unless she moonlighted as a renowned prophet"-remind me, does the Oracle of Delphi factor into the Illiad or Odyssey at any point?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Junpei posted:

also in my re-read I noticed that Outis gets one line about "unless she moonlighted as a renowned prophet"-remind me, does the Oracle of Delphi factor into the Illiad or Odyssey at any point?

I don't know about the Oracle of Delphi specifically. But Achilles' whole situation came about because of a prophecy.

Odysseus gets a prophecy that he will survive his journey home, but his crew will die if they touch the cattle of Helios, which they do and proceed to perish on the journey.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
ID info dropped.

happy april fools, source is this Reddit thread and it was too good to not share

Countzer
May 27, 2022

Junpei posted:

Not the Oracle of Delphi, but there are other seers that divine the future and the whims of the gods. When the Greek armies arrive in Aulis to set sail to Troy, they find the wind to be against them. Calchas the seer divines that this is because Artemis is angry at Agamemnon for killing a deer in a sacred grove and will only be appeased if Agamemnon sacrifices his daughter, Iphigenia, to her (As a side note, Iphigenia in Aulis is one of the best Greek plays and I recommend it wholeheartedly). Over on Troy's side, Cassandra, daughter of the King of Troy Priam, could see the future but was cursed to never be believed. Then there's Tiresias, who prophesized that Odysseus would return home but his crew would not.

Outside the poems themselves, is known that diviners and seers were part of war back then. Often before battle they would be asked to divine the future and outcome, and there's times where armies withdrew because the divination was not favourable. The gift of foresight also is associated with the god Apollo, and implies his favour (or in Cassandra's case, his malice due to her actions towards him).

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

no but seriously where are the ID details, i'm just sitting here repeating "don't be rupture don't be rupture"

Lord_Magmar posted:

I don't know about the Oracle of Delphi specifically. But Achilles' whole situation came about because of a prophecy.

Odysseus gets a prophecy that he will survive his journey home, but his crew will die if they touch the cattle of Helios, which they do and proceed to perish on the journey.

did they need to touch a cow that badly

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 1, 2024

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Yinlock posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yinlock posted:

no but seriously where are the ID details, i'm just sitting here repeating "don't be rupture don't be rupture"

They were starving and needed to eat the cows (as far as they knew) or they'd die.