Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
I don't think Cathy's quantum suicide is meant to be presented as The Solution so much as the most feasible one available at the time. It's another thing Heathcliff, in part, broke through his actions, and as his dialogue in the Canto AND his new EGO line show, he intends to fix that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

thoughts as i go through em, spoilers for everything

why is every enemy suddenly rolling like a beast. also aww yis the return of Floating Text that isn't song lyrics.

Vergil actually intervenes, we are absolutely fighting this guy at some point. Look at all these fancy attacks we're going to die horribly to. Apparently this breaches his contract but of course he'd get pissed at the amount of Mirror Fuckery going on here. Not gonna say no though I was finally getting worn down, my fault for using team lineage and forgetting that they have issues fueling EGO. Ahabmael nearly corroded because of Vergil which was pretty funny.

MILLI SONG. seems a bit sudden but oh hi nelly i guess we haven't fought you yet. also new mechanic that i forgot existed almost immediately lol. Was a really cool fight though.

More of the "people doing horrible things in favor of some vague future that will have been Worth It" theme, via the Mirror Nelly saw that her suffering was not in fact going to be Worth It and broke. She didn't really plan beyond Ruining Everything though because she's still Nelly and has the imagination of a brick.

INITIATE PLAN H: DO SOMETHING STUPID

oh god cathy is in my dms

wait how was ctrl alt deleting yourself from the multiverse the solution to this. anyway Dante still remembers so they seem to be immune to memory wipes in general not just City tech

oh hey Demian going to say anything of value or are you gonna fly away on a cloud of sheep farts. oh #2 what a shocker

anyway it was pretty great imo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ariamaki posted:

Don had the only Telepole variant so far that broke the mold thematically, because all the other ones (and most other Charge-related EGO) had a way to spend it. Donpole was pure gain. Also it's here because it's in a totally different slot, fills a totally different purpose, supports a different team as a bonus (you don't HAVE to go for the funny-haha 20 charge lottery, you can just slap it on Middon and enjoy your 5 AoE +30% boosted bitchslap), and is generally cute and funny.

That's fair, I don't use the Envy team so that purpose slipped my mind and I zeroed in on the Charge gain. I guess it's a better envy option than Middle Don's actual S3.

the corrosion is very funny though

quote:

So yeah, as somebody who HAS been running Tremor heavily through MD3H, RR3, and elsewhere for the last few weeks... It's extremely good right now. Not just in a decent place but frankly *excellent*. Oufi adds a significant punch and people are really sleeping on the raw damage amplification of Tremor: Grimace Shake Edition. Even without MD gifts Tremor is probably the most easily-stacked debuff in the game right now, so elevating it into a near-permanent double damage effect isn't even particularly hard.

I've been running Tremor plenty enough, it's team #6 in my MD rotation. it's always just been Okay thanks to gifts letting them stack 500 debuffs. The addition of Grape Tremor is nice but somewhat impractical in practice as it requires some prep(or one LCCB Ish S2 lol) and if Heathcliff doesn't draw his S3 in a timely manner you get to go gently caress yourself. The status itself is not excellent at all and is mostly carried by the IDs being good for general-use, which is again why Tremor is now coming in 10 exciting fruit flavors because PM is throwing everything at the wall trying to make the status good without directly buffing it(the answer is "damage on burst" but they are explicitly trying to avoid that it seems)

The part I haven't tested/am biased on is the EGO

e: i am a Grumpy Gus though, it's definitely usable

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 11, 2024

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I have a few scattered thoughts about the game that came to me yesterday:

-Didn't realize until just now that combat announcers will comment if you idle too long before giving orders. That's amusing to hear

-Oh my god Angela shut up.

-I'm starting to feel some power creep with regards to enemy clashing numbers, especially in the new EXP Luxcavation and Erlking Heathcliff fight.

-I got stuck on the latter yesterday and I'm wondering if maybe I should bring in IDs that are still at 40 but have more of the affinities the enemies are weak to. That should help me clear the damage checks but it might hurt my clashing capability.

-I love all the battle music in this canto, not just the Mili song. Everything should have more pipe organ in it.

-Just finished leveling my first set of twelve to the cap. They are: Spicebush Yi Sang, Regret Faust, Blade Lineage Don Quixote, W Corp Ryoshu, Blade Lineage Meursault, K Corp Hong Lu, R Corp Heathcliff, LCCB Ishmael, Dieci Rodion, Grip Sinclair, Magic Bullet Outis and Pirate Gregor.

-Oh, and I finally made a team for each status effect to take into Mirror Dungeon. Probably not optimized that well at all but I can only think so hard about how to play this game. Hopefully the upcoming Wuthering dungeon won't make this effort moot.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 11, 2024

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
new xp dungeon means i'm finally making myself catch up the rest of the way, but apparently the canto is great so

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

For 6-41, I knew it was going to be an endurance grind with probably a set number of turns to go through as soon as I saw no cap on the waves plus the stage title. It was actually pretty fun, and Vergilius stepped in right as the rolls started to go badly for me.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

PetraCore posted:

For 6-41, I knew it was going to be an endurance grind with probably a set number of turns to go through as soon as I saw no cap on the waves plus the stage title. It was actually pretty fun, and Vergilius stepped in right as the rolls started to go badly for me.

Outis had just eaten a Stagger++ in my playthrough, which definitively put me on the back foot. loving cinema, tbh.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Probe 17 posted:

Outis had just eaten a Stagger++ in my playthrough, which definitively put me on the back foot. loving cinema, tbh.

for me Don exploded after I lost track of who was attacking who like an idiot and he showed up right after Heathcliff or Meursault(I forget) ate poo poo too a few turns later. p. good timing

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Probe 17 posted:

Yinlock posted:

for me Don exploded after I lost track of who was attacking who like an idiot and he showed up right after Heathcliff or Meursault(I forget) ate poo poo too a few turns later. p. good timing
For me I'd beaten the wave of 3 big guys pretty easily, then they came back so I was like, I've probably gone far enough but I want to see how much further I can press. And then everything went wrong, 2 sinners got staggered, and Hong Lu only survived due to Vergilius jumping in and his 'bitch don't die' passive.

As for Purgatorio, I kind of doubt it's a new game plus because there's been a theme building up that focusing too much on changing the past is a mistake, I think. I think it's all been bittersweet at best so far not because we're on the wrong path, to phrase things like Dante, but because we're in the Inferno. We have to endure the bad to get to the good.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

PetraCore posted:

For me I'd beaten the wave of 3 big guys pretty easily, then they came back so I was like, I've probably gone far enough but I want to see how much further I can press. And then everything went wrong, 2 sinners got staggered, and Hong Lu only survived due to Vergilius jumping in and his 'bitch don't die' passive.

On my end I got to my 3rd wave of 3 big guys (so wave "5") and it started literally spawning in entirely new full-health 'Irae??' mid-wave as soon as I killed the previous ones, instead of coming back out in groups of 3. At that point somebody got bopped to death by burn, I think it was Dieci Hong Lu and / or Spicebush, and then The Red GOAT dropped in and started slapping with the force of the full moon (or two). It was very funny watching Suncliff and the rest of the sinking team periodically get in single attacks during his rampage.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
So can anybody explain the specific event where Heathcliff got silhouette'd out and nobody could see him while Nelly was talking about how he ran away? What was that? Where did he go?

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Solitair posted:

-Oh my god Angela shut up.

I know, right? I eventually had to remove her from the list of announcers. SHE JUST KEEPS TALKING.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Numbus26 posted:

So can anybody explain the specific event where Heathcliff got silhouette'd out and nobody could see him while Nelly was talking about how he ran away? What was that? Where did he go?

I assumed he was either distorting in an entirely new direction or Cathy was trying to keep him safe

KobunFan posted:

I know, right? I eventually had to remove her from the list of announcers. SHE JUST KEEPS TALKING.

Is she worse than Ahabmael? That lady never ever shuts up

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
If the game didn't cut her off, she'd be talking through several fights.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I find it charming, usually.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
honestly I use the Angela announcer mostly because she isn't mean to me when I hit a resisted sin/damage type

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
drat this canto is peak !!!!

ran sinking the whole way, at one point swapped to 4-sinner setup with edgreg and molar ish getting the bonus slots, and it worked out extremely well. Helps that both of them have an evade and that molar ish's evade is base 10.
lots of fights where one sinner got to super low health during setup and then never got hit a single time afterwards. typically ishmael. its fine for her to be on low enough hp that she dies to one good attack (24 hp) for 15+ turns, dont worry about it

for the record, vergilius' internal level is 90, and his worst skill is 22+18+18+18; his best is his 5-coin, 6 attack weight, 60 base with +40 coins. his base HP is 5500. his speed range is 30-40. He literally can't panic because he has to be at -46 for it to happen.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
These are scary amounts of peak, because eventually PM will have to release a Canto that is not as peak as the previous Canto, and then I will be sad.

The peak hubris will doom us

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

These are scary amounts of peak, because eventually PM will have to release a Canto that is not as peak as the previous Canto, and then I will be sad.

The peak hubris will doom us

peak shareholders demand record peak every season :capitalism:

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So, who's story do you think is next? I think it might be Faust's.

EDIT: Also, Cathy did a version of refusing to play a rigged game: she flipped the table over, taking herself out of the equation.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

KobunFan posted:

So, who's story do you think is next? I think it might be Faust's.

EDIT: Also, Cathy did a version of refusing to play a rigged game: she flipped the table over, taking herself out of the equation.
It's Don. It goes in order of introductions in Canto 0, so iirc the order from now is Don, Hong Lu, Ryoshu, Meursault, Outis, and Faust.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I guess the Abnos will be relegated to an event/RR/Wuthering MD? Given the lack of a dungeon.

Canto 3 didn't have any story-required Abnos either, so the new batch will probably get the same treatment as Headless Ichthys and Alleyway Watchdog.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

PetraCore posted:

It's Don. It goes in order of introductions in Canto 0, so iirc the order from now is Don, Hong Lu, Ryoshu, Meursault, Outis, and Faust.
Also, we're level 45 now. In Don's Canto we'll be 50, in Hong Lu's we'll be 55, and in Ryoshu's we'll be 60.

Ricardo's datamined level is 60. Ryoshu's thing will inevitably be about the Fingers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El9KT-ahJ_4 (BIG spoilers for final boss of the canto)

Also god drat, Binds makes Solo Heathcliff runs super strong. You hit -45 SP and you just get turbobuffed the next turn from like four Corroded Binds going off. Suncliff rolling with those 22 power puddle stomps.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 12, 2024

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So, there are two other groups involved, right? Demian's group, which has the fishbowl head guy who was one of the League of Nine, and Hermann's group, which includes Ahab, Nelly, Hong Lu's brother, and two other members of the League of Nine (what WAS it with that gang of scientists!?)

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Okay so how do you restock Dante's not!Command Seals? I used it during the Nelly fight when she started outspeeding everyone, and I don't have a charge now for 6-48 with Erlkliff...well, outspeeding everyone. [spoiler]

Also how the devil do you deal with 6-48 in general because sinking isn't putting the hurt on [spoiler]Erlkliff Round 3 as much as it was in previous fights.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Verant posted:

Okay so how do you restock Dante's not!Command Seals? I used it during the Nelly fight when she started outspeeding everyone, and I don't have a charge now for 6-48 with Erlkliff...well, outspeeding everyone. [spoiler]

Also how the devil do you deal with 6-48 in general because sinking isn't putting the hurt on [spoiler]Erlkliff Round 3 as much as it was in previous fights.

The fight has several phases and you will ALWAYS need sinking. I also found healing very useful, shuffling some characters around to be able to use Fluid Sac and Faust. However, the first one, with all the enemies? You can ignore several of their attacks, they aren't THAT powerful. Burst down Erlkliff.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Verant posted:

It recharges every real-life day from what I heard. Kinda rear end honestly. Though I assume we'll get better effects eventually

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

KobunFan posted:

So, there are two other groups involved, right? Demian's group, which has the fishbowl head guy who was one of the League of Nine, and Hermann's group, which includes Ahab, Nelly, Hong Lu's brother, and two other members of the League of Nine (what WAS it with that gang of scientists!?)

I don't think Nelly is in on it. The new member for this canto(since post canto 3 we've been meeting them one by one) was Aseah. I honestly think she was just returning the bough because Hermann only lent it out and Nelly considered it necessary to return it. We saw Ahab being recruited in the epilogue of Canto 5, I doubt that they wouldn't show it if Nelly joined up with her.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Beat the Canto. Holy loving kino.

I kneel, Director-nim. Best Canto by far, and I have no doubt that they'll somehow top it next time despite how impossible that seems.

Gameplay: Getting Command Seals is pretty rad. I wonder what other powers we'll get? Rezzing dead characters seems like a given, but something to raise Sanity would be exceptionally welcome.

I'm now 100% certain that Purgatorio will be a rerun of Inferno with foreknowledge. This feels like the bad ending to this scenario, instead of the good ending where Erlkonig and Catherine reunite.

Erlkonig and Catherine are talking past each-other the entire time and are blindly assuming what the other thinks and feels, ending up in an eternal cycle where they just keep changing places and dragging everyone else down with them. Our Heathcliff breaks his own version of this cycle using the amazing power of just, fuckin' talking to Cathy while on the other side Erlkonig and Ghost Cathy are busy blindly screaming at nothing. They can't reunite because they're ultimately too scared to open the door.

Foreknowledge wouldn't really improve this situation since the damage was very much done before our team got here and there's no fixing those two idiots. We probably got the best outcome we could have from it in that everyone on the team is alive, Heathcliff is unbroken and there's any hope of all of saving Cathy with enough Bough Bullshit

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I finished 6-48. Ho-LY poo poo, that ending.

:golfclap:

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Finished Clear All Cathy and loved it. The foreshadowing to What Clear All Cathy is was awesome. As well all the story beats hit and I enjoyed Vergilus coming to save us. Is it weird to be invested in the story in a gacha game? Even Genshin Impact didn't hit this hard.

Edit: I brought Angry N-corp Sinclair to the final boss battle and laughed whenever he got 3 paralyzed on him

DropTheAnvil fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 12, 2024

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Managed my win by subbing in Cinqlair and Kimsault (with thankfully enough charges of Lantern to cling to life), and man, what a ride. Still gotta go back and get my EX-clear against Nelly, which I WOULD have gotten if she didn't lock down Butler Outis and live through one additional turn, but them's the breaks.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
this whole canto rocked. holy poo poo

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I saw an interesting theory that we'll be getting 000 Funeral of Dead Butterflies ID next Walpurgisnacht.

Regret Faust and Dongrang both wear facemasks over their mouths. Ahab and Magic Bullet Outis both have pipes.

Erlking Heath and Funeral wear giant coffins on their backs chained closed.

On a gameplay level, it could also fit with the amplitude conversion stuff we get. White Tremor would look an awful lot like the butterflies (or it would apply butterflies as a special tremor like Dark Fire from MB Outis) and Funeral plays around with stagger without doing damage in Library of Ruina.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Gonna make a button that says "I Beat Canto 6's Third Part Pre-Nerf"

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Junpei posted:

Gonna make a button that says "I Beat Canto 6's Third Part Pre-Nerf"

I'm gonna be honest, outside a few resets for what I knew were bad starts or grabbing the wrong team from what I meant to use. I actually did do every level in 1-3 attempts.

The power of an angry german twink I guess.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

yeah i had some trouble at the end of part 2, but part 3 was one shots all the way through. things got pretty dicey, but the sinking team simply handles the canto

also looks like heathcliff's Binds is getting nerfed

https://x.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1778715386386731453

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

studio mujahideen posted:

yeah i had some trouble at the end of part 2, but part 3 was one shots all the way through. things got pretty dicey, but the sinking team simply handles the canto

also looks like heathcliff's Binds is getting nerfed

https://x.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1778715386386731453

It's a nerf but only because the EGO wasn't working the way it was actually supposed to based on the text which made it better than it was meant to be.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v80gG3XgHPQ

Ryoshu and Ishmael.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Neat, I do think this does make my thoughts about the Heathcliff Identity for this season. "Erlking" Heathcliff having killed and bound the other identities from this mirror world into his single world version of the Wild Hunt. Hence he'll have some mechanics around him sharing the field with the maids/Gregor similar to Captain Ishmael and Mentor Meursault. Perhaps he'll be able to revive dead allies once per fight or something.