Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Yinlock posted:

yeah it was something like that iirc. ironically it's also likely a major factor in why people think he's the Black Silence

Wasn't it Angelica who was Black Silence first due to Roland mask? I thought he only took the mantle after her death and the fact that he got the gloves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

KobunFan posted:

Only counterpoint I thought to all that is: W-Corp Don Quixote seemed completely ignorant of how W-Corp trains work.
Au contraire. She'd only have knowledge of how her trip on the Warp Train went, which going by her keeping up the charade would have been a somewhat rad time where she made lots of friends. "Warp trains are great!" would have been her experience.

And then she sees what normally happens on the loving things.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Hey isn't one of the Heathcliff/Cathy pairs we get shown, well...

I was wondering when those got shown in like what possible context could that make sense, and the obvious answer at the time was: there's a really wacky Medieval-aesthetic Wing, but with the theory that just got posted...

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I do wish to point out that Roland mask make him difficult to recognize or something, seeing how his last dice is untargetable in the Black Silence Reception.

I believe the artbook states that his mask makes it hard for people to perceive him, which is also why people mistake him for the Black Silence when he takes his wife's gloves out for a spin.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

KazigluBey posted:

I was wondering when those got shown in like what possible context could that make sense, and the obvious answer at the time was: there's a really wacky Medieval-aesthetic Wing, but with the theory that just got posted...

I could believe that Dieci has a nun division. The colors fit at least.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Wasn't it Angelica who was Black Silence first due to Roland mask? I thought he only took the mantle after her death and the fact that he got the gloves.

He never officially got the mantle but iirc in-universe the two kind of blurred together in peoples' heads due to always working together + Roland's mask. Angelica was always the real Black Silence

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

I'm pretty sure the obvious answer is still the answer.

It's an...interesting theory but it went off-track partway through trying to Connect Everything. Don in particular seems to get a lot of really wild ones for some reason.

e: i'm a no-fun-allowed grump though

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 29, 2024

Ghost Armor 1337
Jul 28, 2023

KazigluBey posted:

I mean it could be a hyper devergent mirror world where the setting is a medieval fantasy. They have been proven to exist in leviathan where there's a moment where Vergilius is refracted into a mirror world that's basically IRL and he expressed confusion on the existence of airliners.

With the implication that aircraft doesn't exist in the city. Possibly because the head deems them illegal.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Ghost Armor 1337 posted:

I mean it could be a hyper devergent mirror world where the setting is a medieval fantasy. They have been proven to exist in leviathan where there's a moment where Vergilius is refracted into a mirror world that's basically IRL and he expressed confusion on the existence of airliners.

With the implication that aircraft doesn't exist in the city. Possibly because the head deems them illegal.

The Head wouldn't like anyone getting higher than them, considering even the Star of the City can be cast down as Impurity. The cutscene do also reveal a High School AU so maybe we'll some of that during the April Fool Event someday?

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
The idea that Don's name is actually Miguel seems to be pretty likely. With the play connection, her identity being entirely fabricated would make the most sense. It feels like one of those theories that's just waiting to be confirmed at this point, that she's not the 'real' Don Quixote, whether that means she's Miguel Cervantes, Sancho, or even Dulcinea(I would say Rocinante, but, well, we all know what Rocinante is).

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Numbus26 posted:

The idea that Don's name is actually Miguel seems to be pretty likely. With the play connection, her identity being entirely fabricated would make the most sense. It feels like one of those theories that's just waiting to be confirmed at this point, that she's not the 'real' Don Quixote, whether that means she's Miguel Cervantes, Sancho, or even Dulcinea(I would say Rocinante, but, well, we all know what Rocinante is).

If her name is Rocinante, does that mean Don's just horsing around?

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

Au contraire. She'd only have knowledge of how her trip on the Warp Train went, which going by her keeping up the charade would have been a somewhat rad time where she made lots of friends. "Warp trains are great!" would have been her experience.

And then she sees what normally happens on the loving things.

That's... quite a theory ;)

Also, the Miguel thing could just be, you know, an Easter egg.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Yinlock posted:

Don in particular seems to get a lot of really wild ones for some reason.

e: i'm a no-fun-allowed grump though

It makes sense because Don is probably the sinner that we know the least about right now.

Combined with the fact that she's the 3rd sinner right after Yi Sang and her personality is a bit of a facade, it gives a lot of room to speculate.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 29, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

The Head wouldn't like anyone getting higher than them, considering even the Star of the City can be cast down as Impurity. The cutscene do also reveal a High School AU so maybe we'll some of that during the April Fool Event someday?

I think it's a basic safety thing. The sky is incredibly dangerous. Birds live there.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/4192364296364009742

Patch notes, with info about the event battle.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I've got so much lunacy just waiting for this moment, I'm ready to go broke for Malkuth :cry:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Huh. Weren't we getting MD4 as well? I guess either that will be another notice or it's getting delayed to next week so we aren't overwhelmed. The event being Fairy Festival suppression hopefully will mean more interesting missions than "kill everything every turn".

microfolk posted:

I've got so much lunacy just waiting for this moment, I'm ready to go broke for Malkuth :cry:

Good news, they're adding announcers to pity. If you have 200 rolls saved up you can guarantee Malkuth.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Huh. Weren't we getting MD4 as well? I guess either that will be another notice or it's getting delayed to next week so we aren't overwhelmed. The event being Fairy Festival suppression hopefully will mean more interesting missions than "kill everything every turn".

Good news, they're adding announcers to pity. If you have 200 rolls saved up you can guarantee Malkuth.
We are!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/4192364296364102548

MD4 patch notes!

loving finally, result previews.

Also holy hell, 92 new EGO Gifts. God drat.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

Nice of them to get rid of the randomness in starting EGO gifts since it was rather tiring to reset for Bloody Mist or whatever other fusion gift every week. Also nice of them to give you a starting boost for your first run to unlock whatever team you usually use's related gifts. And thank God for the fusion guide, I had to keep a memo open in another tab to know waht to look for.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

:3:!

GilliamYaeger posted:

We are!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/4192364296364102548

MD4 patch notes!

loving finally, result previews.

Also holy hell, 92 new EGO Gifts. God drat.

Having to do 3 separate hard runs to get the most BP exp is awful, it's not a big difference (250 exp vs 225) but why!!!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Wanna bring attention to this part of the patch notes:

Starting gifts rework. Seems like it's going to be slash/blunt/pierce rather than ailment types (i cannot read), and you cannot reset over and over for tier IV gifts.

Not sure how I feel about this.

EDIT:

TWO COIN EGO!!! And Bleed count doesn't go down and double Bleed potency!

Also oh god that second coin has some amazing comedy potential.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 29, 2024

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Apparently I manifested the notice into existance. So now I will go and say new Heathcliff S4 000 ID next week, you're welcome :v:

There are a lot of details to mention, too:

-RIP to early fusion gifts, they're changing the starting selection so it gives more rare gifts but for different kinds. You also have to unlock categories with Starlight.

-You can choose to do 3 MDH runs for an extra 25 exp in comparison to the weekly one.

-New categories for Slash/Pierce/Blunt gifts.

-92 new gifts, but going by the description some of them will be story dungeon/event gifts because those are kinds of floor packs. We'll see things like Mark of Cain or the BL/Kurokumo gifts back probably.

-Extra starlight for not doing the same floors over and over. I'm still skipping Bull and MFE, thank you.

-Rework of the Abno nodes, extra choices, balancing of check values and if an Abno was fightable you might see it on the extra choices/hard nodes. Enjoy Ambling Pearl everyone.

-Refresh shops with Starlight.

-Fusion now works by effect instead of Sin, meaning instead of Wrath+Wrath it's Burn+Burn for example. Does mean you might have to sacrifice lower tier gifts to get higher ones though.

-MDN floor enemy buffs will be like Hard but less nasty.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ENTER CHADLIP

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Apr 29, 2024

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

GilliamYaeger posted:

ENTER CHADLIP

SKILL 4???

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Numbus26 posted:

SKILL 4???
Alternate Skill 3.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So now we have a brokenly OP Sinclair ID that inflicts Burn, drains Sanity and wants to be as close to -45 SP as possible and a (presumably) brokenly OP Sinclair ID that inflicts Burn, drains Sanity and wants to be as close to 45 SP as possible? :v:

Ghost Armor 1337
Jul 28, 2023

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Honestly the whole concept of mirror worlds would actually provide some good excuse for collabs. Pm seems to show restraint on that front and they only do a small hint towards it's potential in the midsummer nights dream event

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Lt. Lizard posted:

So now we have a brokenly OP Sinclair ID that inflicts Burn, drains Sanity and wants to be as close to -45 SP as possible and a (presumably) brokenly OP Sinclair ID that inflicts Burn, drains Sanity and wants to be as close to 45 SP as possible? :v:

The world of light and dark indeed.

He slots way better into Burn team than N Corp Sinclair did. Plus the Burn team is good at wrath resonance.

Red Shoes also makes Rodion better for a bleed team which in my mind means it's great for the N Corp squad. Especially because it helps make lust res chains more often.

Wingbeat is bonkers amounts of heal and will be perfect for any tank identity Ishmael ever has for the rest of the game.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
nfaust continuing to be the best unit in Liu.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

TeeQueue posted:

nfaust continuing to be the best unit in Liu.

But then how could I use her with the n corp squad.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Another powerful ID that you have to carefully cultivate if you don't want him to go batshit and start slaughtering your own team instead. Between this, Cinq, Jefe, and The One Who Shall Grip, I guess PM is pushing the message hard that if Sinclair ever got over his mental handicap, he'd be a color-level fixer. Doing it the wrong way tends to lead to him going insane, though...

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

KobunFan posted:

Another powerful ID that you have to carefully cultivate if you don't want him to go batshit and start slaughtering your own team instead. Between this, Cinq, Jefe, and The One Who Shall Grip, I guess PM is pushing the message hard that if Sinclair ever got over his mental handicap, he'd be a color-level fixer. Doing it the wrong way tends to lead to him going insane, though...

Nah, this one can't go batshit and murder your team all on his own. His mechanics never take him that far below 0 sp, he'd need to lose sanity in other ways to really snap.

He turns the EGO on at 45, and off at 0 and only drains SP when the EGO is on to give it a limited duration.

You're right though that Sinclair's whole thing gameplay wise is huge swings between success and failure if managed wrong.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

KobunFan posted:

I don't think Philip's got anything that involves slaughting your own team - hitting 0 sanity results in him dropping out of EGO.

But yeah it's interesting that Sinclair's got powerful but mentally unstable IDs. Even Cinqlair has terrible self-confidence.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

GilliamYaeger posted:

I don't think Philip's got anything that involves slaughting your own team - hitting 0 sanity results in him dropping out of EGO.

But yeah it's interesting that Sinclair's got powerful but mentally unstable IDs. Even Cinqlair has terrible self-confidence.

I mean, his thematic core's always been being either the team newbie or so esoterically skilled he's disconnected from everyone, and also responding to extreme pressure by either freezing up or exploding. Getting him the most weird self-destructive IDs is a really neat way to feed into that.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
By the way Ritornello is an italian musical term for refrain and also indicates the bars in a musical sheet that have to be played twice (Ritornello = little return, to indicate you have to go back to the beginning of the ritornello and play it again until the end).

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

microfolk posted:

Having to do 3 separate hard runs to get the most BP exp is awful, it's not a big difference (250 exp vs 225) but why!!!
I guess so that people who like doing Hard Dungeons repeatedly during the week still feel like they're getting something out of it?

From the looks of it though, if you don't count starlight gains I think you actually get more BP points per module by doing 1 MDH, claiming all of the bonuses from it, and then doing a single normal dungeon.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Starting gifts rework. Seems like it's going to be slash/blunt/pierce rather than ailment types, and you cannot reset over and over for tier IV gifts.

It's in addition to ailment types, not rather than.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

microfolk posted:

Hard mode is not probably not going to be available at launch, this is about the normal dungeon weekly bonuses. You can choose to cash them all in at once like if you're running a hard dungeon now, and (like it is now) it'll probably work out to being better than running three individual runs if you do cash out + two more non-bonus runs? If a normal run is still worth 30 points, that'd give you 285 instead of the 250 on offer for doing three runs with bonuses.

Project Moon once again are amazing at math. :lobcorp:

Arkanian posted:

It's in addition to ailment types, not rather than.
Whoops!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

GilliamYaeger posted:

Hard mode is not probably not going to be available at launch, this is about the normal dungeon weekly bonuses. You can choose to cash them all in at once like if you're running a hard dungeon now, and (like it is now) it'll probably work out to being better than running three individual runs if you do cash out + two more non-bonus runs? If a normal run is still worth 30 points, that'd give you 285 instead of the 250 on offer for doing three runs with bonuses.

Project Moon once again are amazing at math. :lobcorp:

Whoops!

They literally say in the update nothing is being changed about normal mode dungeons in terms of reward structure. This is purely about giving the option to cash in the weekly bonuses 1 at a time in hard mode as well as in normal mode. You cannot cash in all 3 at once via a single normal mode run.

As far as all 3 weeklies in 1 single hard + 1 normal. I'm almost certain that will cost more modules than the 3 hard mode runs would.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

-RIP to early fusion gifts, they're changing the starting selection so it gives more rare gifts but for different kinds. You also have to unlock categories with Starlight.

rip N-corp team

anyway Hot Takes:

Wingbeat Ishmael: Joined K Hong Lu in stealing Gregor's old niche. Is basically going to get to full health from anywhere but is going to annihilate her own SP to do it if she gets (un)lucky. Passive is amazing though Ishmael doesn't have a (good) tank ID to make use of it.

Red Shoes Rodion: It's alright if somewhat resource-intensive since the corrosion is the only way it adds Count(and while the no-count-decrease is good, being "this turn" means that speed can render it moot due to bleed being enemy-dependent)

Brave Sir Robin: Slots perfectly into the Liu team and even brings some Gloom to the table which they lack without Hong Lu. Volatile as hell as advertised. Seems to be a normal ID until 45 SP at which point he becomes N Sinclair for a few moves then goes back to normal. Really wants to win clashes in EGO mode to mitigate the SP drain but the [On Use] nature means he's inevitably going to gently caress up a roll somewhere important. Still, looks good.

e: bonus ishmael funny: There's no cap on that coin reuse so she can potentially corrode from 45 SP. It's obviously insanely unlikely but still.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

As for Don theories, I'm neutral on whether or not Warp Trains play a significant part in her backstory. You can see a setup through her base EGO Window that has very much W Corp colors in the ripped out segment in the middle, but I don't think those colors would only show up on the trains. She might just be from District 23 or something...? That said, I fully believe her real name is Miguel and there might be an extra layer of masking going on there, both from the figurine and from the name of her weapon.