Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Can't you just not work him if he melts down? The only effects are losing a fairly trivial amount of energy and his qliphoth counter going to zero, and it's already at zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

So may have made a mistake? My safety department was full while my training department had an open space but I decided to expand the Safety Department because gently caress stronger clerks. Unfortunately, the tool abnormality I picked up didn't appear anywhere so I guess nothing changed? I was sorta excited to try out hell train but I hope I didn't screw myself majorly. Then again, I need to do Netzach's 3 people per room mission and having one less abnormality to worry about seems to be a good way of circumventing potential problems.

Also, managed to farm Judgment Bird's armor and get Snow Queen's gift on my 5 all stats employee. Time to pass around the armor and get all my units working on Fortitude and Prudence.
Enjoy your last day without hell train. :)

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

In theory, the train is perfectly manageable for any facility. It won't hurt you at all unless you screw up, and it can be an incredibly powerful tool when used correctly. Taking it, in your situation, is almost certainly the optimal thing to do.

In practice...

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

In all seriousness, I did reset a while after getting hell train, but mostly because I picked up a total rear end in a top hat of an aleph (The Silent Orchestra) on a subsequent day and couldn't see myself dealing with it successfully. If it was just hell train I'd probably have kept going. Also, there is some incredibly helpful research you can get if you can stick around until you've completed your fifth department.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

I actually disagree with TeeQueue here - I think You Must Be Happy is excellent, though not quite on par with something like the portrait. It’s pretty easy to reliably get a day-long buff or debuff of 15-25 to all stats without anyone exploding, which is helpful in several situations:

- If you’re trying to safely work with a higher-level training anomaly that you can’t otherwise handle reliably, e.g. insight training with snow queen.
- If you’re trying to meet a (high or low) stat threshold to work with an anomaly without instadeath.
- If you’re about to do something risky combat-wise, like Gebura’s later missions or one of the big boy ordeals.
- And of course those two specific mean things...

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

TeeQueue posted:

They absolutely count.

Once we get disciplinary I won't have any qualms with taking -04 anymore for that reason. :v:
You heartless monster.

How could you waste precious bullets that way?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

Also, I was pretty much stuck picking T-04-53 :negative:.
I picked that fucker up not knowing what it was, and I intensely regret it. The best way I've found of dealing with it is to have someone with capped Attachment work with it when it melts down - they can fairly consistently get 8-9 boxes. You Must Be Happy might also help, thinking about it.

The abnormality that triggered my day 1 reset was T-01-31, which is like T-04-53 except that it's an Aleph and the consequences of mishandling it are worse.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

T-04-53 only takes half black damage, so Der Gun isn't too useful. :(

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

It teleports all over the place, its attack hits the whole room for massive damage, it's generally in a hallway so it's awful to dodge the attack even though it has a tell, and it's resistant to black damage and immune to pale damage. So yeah, it's definitely possible to suppress it without taking casualties, but you should expect a lot of clerks to die in the process, which in turn will probably cause issues for you with clouded monk.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

Without spoilers, how hosed up am I if I've chosen O-01-45? It's probably pure paranoia, so far they have only given to employees and gifted them a fancy hat. It's a stupid Zayin, even.
Everything will be just fine. Blessings for everyone!

Please keep us updated. :)

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

Surprisingly, it was NOT a good idea. Half the facility lost and I was dumb and pressed the End Day button without thinking, so there goes a bunch of equipment.
Yeah, that one's probably a repository reset then. The good news is that even if you got O-01-45 after your last memory point, you'll never have to worry about the clock again.

That is also the bad news.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

So it only does the transform gimmick once?
Yes, the transformation is a one-time event that will never repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

SITB posted:

I did a day 46 restart because I wanted to rebuild my facility to be more accommodating for the last 5 days. I have cheesed my way past missions so I decided I will cheese my way through the end-game :argh:. Currently on day 49 trying to muster the will to do the penultimate day after the game forced a bullshit abnormality choice on me Don't Touch Me, Nameless Fetus and the Parasite Tree.

As per Aleph suppression I suppressed CENSORED, Melting Love and Mountain Of Smiling Bodies (while also having Blue Star and Nothing There in the facility, but I thought it would be a pain to suppress them).

Ironically enough, suppressing the Silent Orcehstra is a cinch if you have Gebura's upgrade and attack him with 2 agents equipped with Justita; it leaves the abnormality with low enough HP that his second phase dies super quick.

Don't Touch Me is absolutely trivial to deal with, the only reason it sucks is that it doesn't benefit you at all. But at day 49 I think you're into trying to survive rather than eke out long-term benefits.