Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Theantero posted:

Reading through the art book, what stands out to me is that Meow is 41 years old

This one, I believe. Have you ever met like, a middle-aged session musician? They're all completely bonkers, and all loving own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I just lost the black silence fight in the last phase because i hosed up and double tapped space. loving :rip: lmao.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

ZeroCount posted:

there's no silver bullet strat for that suppression, unfortunately. all you can do is tough it out

The biggest problem with looking for a silver bullet here is that, der Freischütz is on a different floor :v:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Google play is beta testing a windows app. I've tried it and the launcher is so far add-free, and performs well, but it'll sometimes render static background textures a little weird. While it is ad-free, I've got no idea what kind of data it collects about you. Moreover, it's come at a time to hilariously kneecap Microsoft's built- in, but limited-selection Android emulator in Windows 11.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

That's true, but I also need way more thread than I need XP right now and I presume that's true for most players

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

So what's the deal with the kernel-level anti-cheat? Have they actually implemented it? There were some mixed messages itt and I'm gonna just stick to mobile for now.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Yinlock posted:

Mine is Mirrors until the weekly bonus runs out, 1 exp and 1-3 thread(usually 2) depending on how tedious the abno is. Really you only need 1 mirror run a week for the mirror and 100 kills weeklies

I am in the same universe with you and seemingly everyone else. I do three mirror dungeons a week, each a separate day for the free entry. I also do one exp manually, one thread if I feel like it, and two expedited threads.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I'm missing some ego, and R Mersault. I don't think I need R Mersault. Battle pass season 1 felt like a pretty good purchase! I hope project moon stays moderate with monetization for this game :/

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I'm trying to see how far I can get at level 30 and still finish in 10 rounds, and I'm actually finding that Reindeer Ishmael works really well. She's all about building up momentum. She starts out really fragile, but once her sanity gets up, she gains charge real fast and clashes better than I remember. Mind Whip can beat up a robot real real well.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

My personal hope, though I think it's a long shot, is that the Technology Liberation Alliance is gonna let us finally dig further into why AI is one of the few things The Head forbids. I want Technology to be the thing that they intend to liberate. I don't really have any real justification for this other than that they use a bunch robots though.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

So, he's no help in this chapter due to slash resistance, Rose Gregor is really fun. Good clashing, great animations, and self-supports legerdemain. What more could he need?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

We know how the head was founded: there was a scary monster in the forest. So to keep everyone safe from it, people needed eyes to look for threats, wisdom and knowledge to make sound judgements, and a sharp break claws to defend them with.

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 17, 2023

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Yinlock posted:

All of them are apparently lovely. MFE is a massively inflated resource check, the bull just outclashes you anyway, and the fox is apparently a murder machine who just kills you

e: apparently Kromer can also show up with a 20+ evade so have fun with that too

My final boss was the fox, and had a pretty smooth time of it. I spent massively on egos for clashes and aoe. Paralyze and offense down are lifesavers on tricky limbus stuff IMO. By the end of the fight, he was starting to chew through me, but a win is a win.

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 14, 2023

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

So is legerdemain just the best ego in the game? It wins its own clash, it can win two other clashes with the paralyze, it's got bleed support, and blunt is strong in most of the tricky non-boss encounters.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

If nclair starts getting sane you just make him shoot the soup mortar at the enemies. If you're in the mirror dungeon you've got so much orange to go around probably.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

So after striking out hard on the previous limited banner, I got both Captain Outis and Agent Quixote in 20 rolls, and was able to box my way to a Faust, so I'm all caught up again on identities. I don't think I understand the green dawn event very well, but it's fun. Happy Limble Crimble, thread!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

The birds do exist in real life in the city. They're called The Head, the Eye, and the Claw.

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 13, 2024

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I feel like I almost understand fusion for the first time with the new dungeon system? At any rate, I've been able to get one or two tier 4 ego gifts per round, and dang, they're pretty much all really good. IDK if the one that maxes out your sanity after using a plus coin skill is gamechanging the way that some of the others are, but it does make using ego overclocks very fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Octatonic posted:

I feel like I almost understand fusion for the first time with the new dungeon system? At any rate, I've been able to get one or two tier 4 ego gifts per round, and dang, they're pretty much all really good.

Yeah, gift fusion got really powerful for real. Turns out if you have Nebulizer and Clean Mirror, Calm Water, it doesn't matter if you're a poise team or not. I don't think I've ever seen Deice Rodion doing 300 damage in a turn before. Shock Centipede died before it could even do its event, lmao.