Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

lets hang out posted:

I took a bunch of his images for this op hope he's cool with it

It’s for a good cause, I can’t complain. :v:

-47 is hilarious, though, until you accidentally delete all your equipped EGO with it.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
If you click on it ~5 times in a row during the day, it crashes the game. If you crash the game, it autosaves because it unlocks the thing’s name.

But if it’s already killed everyone before crashing the game because you clicked on it, then when it saves that you’ve unlocked the name it saves EVERYTHING, including that everyone died, so you lose their gear.

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature! :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

So Library of Ruina has been my latest obsession and though it took me a long while to understand the mechanics, everything just eventually clicked into place.

I was glad to see abnormalities make their return but man Forsaken Murderer was an absolute pain in the rear end and took numerous tries for me to defeat. On the other hand, Today’s Shy Look was pretty easy and is absurdly strong once you can use it.

I’ve yet to defeat Love Town and oh my god that story is so loving dark. The game in general is pretty dark and helps paint the image that the world is terrible.

Plus the opening song of Library of Ruina is soooooo good. I always let it play when it comes on.

Re: Forsaken Murderer, that fight took me more tries than any other even once I swapped to a full-bleed deck just because my rolls are terrible so I lost clashes and never inflicted status effects and got facerolled. It's a bit of a :rolldice: fight, tbh. I also keep screwing up with Today's Shy Look, because I'm used to aiming for the smile and the game now wants you to aim for the angry face to deal the most damage.

As for Love Town, here's what I did: I set one floor up to be GUN FLOOR, and used an evade-based Walter+two full guns and 1 of the gun/melee hybrid pages. I took out the first floor with that, then on the second floor I brought the 3 blobs down to ~10 or less hp before getting facerolled. This makes sure they're as weakened as possible for the second floor you use.

As for that second floor: Four agents, all with 2-dice books, all with 3x Wait up! (molar office), 3x Flash of Sunup (dawn office), 2x Opportunity Spotted, and 1x Observe (Gaze office). I put them on Hod's floor, I think? (The one with Red Shoes for Allure.) Use Flash of Sunup/Wait Up! on the blobs to kill them quickly and draw through the deck, try to get allure, then on turn 3 you want to focus on Tomerry with everyone using Observe+wait up, then Turn 4 you just go all in with 8x Opportunity Spotted. It deals... damage. Lots of damage. The rest of the fight is largely academic at that point.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly, after the events of the thread so far I'm starting to feel like if you get Mirror in the opening you might not want to get a Justice trainer early. Since Justice is more expensive to buy than the other 3 stats, the idea would be to train those stats and move them into Justice via mirror. Then again... it's good to have an option available to train when the mirror spins you into a 3/2/3/1 or something, so it's like...

I'm conflicted, but my lizard brain still says JUSTICE GOOD, so I guess I'll stick with that. :v:

edit: and now that I've RETHOUGHT about it, justice getting reduced to 1 is horrible without a quick way to farm it back up and contribute to your training, so yes JUSTICE GOOD is probably the correct play.

I swear I'm good at this game, you guys. :eng99:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 27, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

So I used the mirror a bunch and somehow, I managed to have one of my agents roll into a 4 Justice. Time to boost their stats with the LOB I've accumulated cause everything else was like 1 or 2.

Oh god that's one of the most :hellyeah: feelings in the entire game, enjoy your new badass.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I think I picked up another Justice trainer by accident? I spent research on F-02-44 and apparently repression is good on them? I've never seen them before. Also one of my agents got killed by Crimson Dawn so I needed to restart. Is there a way to tell how much health they have or is it a case of needing to research it?

Healthbars unlock with a research in the Info department, before then there's not a way to see it. As for -44... Repression is good on it, and it also serves as a passable Insight trainer as well.

EDIT: ah, i see you saw its ability.

This is why I call it 'Literally just 1.76 but worse.'

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 27, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I love this thread already. :allears:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Okay, so basically I accidentally sent a Temperance 1 person to work on Wall Gazer who proceeded to lose their mind. Punishing Bird had also escaped and then everyone in the facility started losing their minds when I tried to suppress my first crazy agent then another went crazy and ended up killing them and it all blew up in flames. I hate Wall Gazer.

I'm going to guess that the person in question was all 1s, with Temp-highest, and they started running around like a madman? Chasing after them will wind up getting more W damage dealt to your agents as they run and scream, which will eventually panic spiral everyone.

If it happens again, just avoid them or hang out in the main room, and let punishing bird fix them. There's a thing in its management info that comes in handy for situations specifically like this.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 27, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

To make a long story very short: Legacy had actual time limits before ordeals showed up and wrecked your day, and in legacy you could not avoid getting facerolled by a midnight.

There is a reason nobody plays legacy anymore, and it's that the time limit on every single day was not very fun. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

lets hang out posted:

There's no reason to worry about later ordeals where you're at, just take your time building up your employees and collecting gear. It won't be long before you can practically sleep through noons.

And honestly I've lost more people to Laetitia's cool free gifts than I have some ALEPHs. :arghfist:

Laetitia is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life, so that's 100% on you :colbert:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I wish I didn’t pick up the Woodsman. One mistake and you pretty much say bye to an employee if he gets hit with a Qliphort Meltdown. Is it recommended to have lemmings to sacrifice so I can suppress him for Hod’s mission or should I just wait for more anomalies?

You don't really need to do hod's mission until ~the day before you plan on killing a dusk ordeal/getting Tiphereth 3 done (Whichever comes second), so you could put it off for a while if you want to. By that point, you should have a greater selection of abnormalities to let breach, or at least be able to field 10+ people so that you can sacrifice one on letting Woodsman out so you can beat the crap out of it without going below A rank.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Attention tax is rough. As the game progresses, I’m finding it harder to use Today’s Shy Look because I need my attention to be elsewhere. I’m glad I don’t have Old Lady or I could go crazy.

With Child of Galaxy, does his pebble carry between days? If so, does that mean that you just have one employee perpetually spending time with him?

Anything bestowed with an overhead hovering thing like Laetitia's gift/Galaxy's pebble/etc are removed at the end of the day. Apparently, CoG has a short memory. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Also, is the stupid monk good for working Justice? I tried doing it once cause I saw the chance as common/not totally awful but then he proceeded to drive my employee crazy.

...oh right, I can just LINK this here: Here is a Gdoc that has all the base work %s of every abnormality. Many of them are still using names from the old translation, I'll be updating it slowly as I get to them in the LP.

Anyways, Monk has a 40% base work rate for every level but Justice 2, which is 20% for some reason. The best WAW trainers are 45%-55%, so that's not bad at all.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Is it possible to remove Crumbling Armour's fire? It seems to count as a hat, so I sent the agent that got it to do instinct/insight work on Void Dream (8% chance of giving a hat) repeatedly all the way from level 2 to level 5 and it still didn't get overwritten. At least I had the mirror so I can still get points onto temperance and justice for him...

Crumbly's fire is... complicated. You can remove the fire by replacing it with any other hat, which is just a matter of :rolldice:

However, that doesn't seem to remove the flag that kills them on a temperance work. The only way to do it for sure, that I've seen, is to replace the hat, then end the day, then close the game and reopen it to refresh the list of instagib.

Anything else is risking it depending on how your computer handles specific scripting things that I don't fully understand.

jimmydalad posted:

Oh yeah, my employee that got Justice 4 also got the Crumbling Armour gift so I guess their Temperance is stuck at 3. I mean, I have the mirror, but I don’t want to lose out on that Justice IV.

Just LOB it? :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Question about Nezatch's first mission: Do clerk deaths count when it says end the day without any deaths? If so, then gently caress my life.

Don't be ridiculous. Clerks don't count. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Awesome! Also, I managed to pick up Judgment Bird. How much of a bad idea is that?

OOH. :unsmigghh:

YES. YES. see, in my first playthrough JB was my first WAW so I have feelings about it.

You should be able to work it 1-2 times per meltdown using a maxed temperance agent in 1.5x pale armor. You may need to reset if your luck is bad.

You want to get its gear.

Its gear is incredible. It is ALEPH-tier. It makes everything safe and warm, and makes future works with it free.

I love Judgment birb.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Oh really? I have 1.5 pale armor and a few temperance 5 agents because of Laetitia (who is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life). What type of work should I be aiming for with the bird?

I think my choices were Judgment Bird, Der Freischütz and some awful one (I think Don't Touch Me) so I'm glad I didn't make the wrong decision.

When/Should I pick up Big Bird?

Der Shooty is arguably also worthwhile, but between the two I'd probably take JB on a first playthrough. I like Der Shooty's gear because it simplifies killing dusks by letting one agent solo them, but also you have to be very careful with it because reasons.

Anyways, you want to do insight work with the birb, Insight 4 and 5 are base 50% chances so they're the best base work probability.

You should probably pick up Big Bird at some point before you start opening Disciplinary, if possible. One of the Disciplinary missions requires you to beat up ALEPHs, and the special Birdzodia event is the most profitable way to clear that mission due to the EGO gift + gear it gives you for clearing it.

also big bird has a really good ego weapon because it can add a 1.5x modifier to any B damage dealt to a target, but it's more for the mission.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Only do it once or twice a day since I'm sure I've heard of some people having bugs involving overdoing it, but it's second only to Knight of Despair in my 'list of ego gifts I like in the cheek slot', and 'guaranteed' is much better than '3% drop.'

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

I've had guys stuck in there after the second or third combat, even when sending a rescuer. It usually fixes itself when you end the day.

"There is a bug that will stick your employees in place and it's usually fixed when you end the day" is a theme that shows up with a couple of abnormalities, and feels very in general.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I think I have too many justice trainers. Schadenfreude, Beauty and the Beast, Clouded Monk (though this one is touch and go and can blow up in your face) and, Today’s Shy Look. On the other hand, I think the only fortitude trainers I have are Crumbling Armor, Wall Gazer and maybe Judgment Bird. Also all my breaching abnormalities are WAW or above minus Punishing Bird.

At least I have speedy bois and gurls tho.

Once you get its suit, consider using judgment bird to train instinct. There’s a moderate chance it might kill you, but if it doesn’t the gains will be immense. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The way the tempo of the game works, you tend to get abnormalities in cycles. Day 1-2 of a 5 day cycle have a higher chance of getting a ZAYIN-HE abnormality, with a WAW/ALEPH coming more often on day 3. Obviously the exact numbers change a bit, especially for the Central department, but in general you don’t need to worry about early week picks.

Obvious trap options aside, of course.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Ah, my latest day and now all days to come:

Is it me or are Tiphereth's missions really easy for the point in the game they show up? Needing to end the day before the 8th/7th/6th Qliphoth cycle, when I'm hitting my quota in the 4th or so just by figuring out my new abnormalities, followed by "don't let something melt down", which has happened all of once to me the entire game so far. The latter, at least is more complicated by this point than it would have been earlier, but mostly they just serve to get in the way of the "survive a dusk ordeal" quest if you didn't do it immediately (which I didn't because I had barely any gear above teth level at that point).

They're easy, but I think that's for two reasons? The first is that they want you to be able to unlock the research Tiphereth gives you ASAP. The second is that the game wants to limit your ability to farm a little bit, just before one of the things that will make that farming the most important.

Then again, everything about Tiphereth is kind of easy so maybe being underwhelming is just sort of Tiphereth's thing.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Dunno what you're talking about, I've never once finished a day before Meltdown level 8 :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

hahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :unsmigghh:

Train.

Oh, fuckin' train.

I'll save the rant for the LP thread but train is my THAT-est abnormality. The only one I will actually, actively nope out of when it shows up.

Setting that aside, I hate to tell you this after you spent the LOB, but... Pale damage doesn't actually care about your fortitude. Whenever you take pale, it deals a flat % of your max HP.

Put simply: take 100 pale and you die, period.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Don't sleep on Scorched Girl's weapon, either. It's only a TETH, but the sheer damage it pumps out with each shot will take a nice chunk out of most HE and even some WAW-level enemies. :getin:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

3-per-department is a good general target to aim for.

Reminder that you could memory repository back to day 16 and get rid of train, so long as you do it before day 21. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

It absolutely trivializes the mean gimmick of two specific things in the game, and is otherwise largely forgettable.

In a pinch you might be able to use it to get below a stat threshold for something like scarecrow, but that's untested and I don't know if it'll actually lower your level.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

pumpinglemma posted:

I actually disagree with TeeQueue here - I think You Must Be Happy is excellent, though not quite on par with something like the portrait. It’s pretty easy to reliably get a day-long buff or debuff of 15-25 to all stats without anyone exploding, which is helpful in several situations:

- If you’re trying to safely work with a higher-level training anomaly that you can’t otherwise handle reliably, e.g. insight training with snow queen.
- If you’re trying to meet a (high or low) stat threshold to work with an anomaly without instadeath.
- If you’re about to do something risky combat-wise, like Gebura’s later missions or one of the big boy ordeals.
- And of course those two specific mean things...

Honestly I agree with most of this, but the reason I call it 'forgettable' instead of 'excellent' is because of two things:

-As we've seen by now, I tend to absolutely shatter the leveling curve, so high level training/fighting big boys isn't a problem for me as long as the run hasn't been just completely void of any gear.
-I generally avoid the high stat threshold abnormalities, so doing something like lowering my stats on purpose to work Scarecrow just hasn't come up.

So it might depend a lot on your playstyle and facility build how much use you'll get out of it, which makes it an honestly interesting option as compared to a lot of the other tools.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Does the skill level/threat level ratio for training take into account modifiers like You Must Be Happy? Seems it could be useful to bottom out someone's stats and get them hammering away at One Sin or whatever for their easy level 1 gains. Or if it doesn't, boost a complete newbie to the nines and get them working Waws and Alephs out of the gate for big gains.

I should probably use that thing more than I do, although getting more than +20 or so is hard to do carefully.

YMBH's modifier is a red/blue number like E.G.O Gifts, which I know don't affect the level ratio for training, so it shouldn't.

Not even titles can actually affect the level modifier, and they're added directly in to the number without the game telling you they even exist. It basically is what it is.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

How do you use Theresia with 1.76? I’m aware Theresia has SP regen abilities but I basically refuse to touch mine cause I’ve had 1 too many bad experiences with employees going crazy because I forgot I set them to work on it during a meltdown.

Theresia restores SP to the department while being played, so you use it to ensure the agent working 1.76 doesn’t go crazy.

Just have to be out of there before 30 seconds pass, or else... :derp:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

MagicBoots posted:

I ended up with Theresia in the same hall as CENSORED which was very useful.

Also do clerk executions count for Queen of Hatred's gimmick? Can I be the evil that gives her existence meaning? I also have the monk who doesn't like it when clerks die but doesn't mind executions, otherwise I'd feed clerks to the Flesh Lantern once a meltdown.

They absolutely count.

Once we get disciplinary I won't have any qualms with taking -04 anymore for that reason. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Danakir posted:

So Purple Noons...

I was farming far into the Qliphoth Meltdowns when I got one of those for the first time. Suffice to say that I didn't expect GIANT loving PILLARS to smash down and instantly kill my agents if I didn't move them out in the way on time. That's one way to be forced to reload the day and redo all your farming. :stare:

You never forget your first Violet Noon.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Also, I was pretty much stuck picking T-04-53 :negative:.

Oh no. Oh god, no.

Do... do you need a hug? :ohdear:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

It's annoying.

Like, it's not dangerous because it has a clear tell to its attack and never hits main rooms, but it's incredibly annoying.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Well, I made it through a Green Dusk with only two deaths, thanks to some good advice I got on Discord the last time I tried. Could probably have avoided those too if I were paying closer heed, but I was deathballing so it was hard to see the health bars.

Unfortunately I lost two more lives when the Clerk's Rights Squad escaped in the commotion. Woulda only lost one to it (which taught me how to avoid that) but I had to send someone deep into the dark department to tag the bloody train.

So here's my facility as at day 26, represented by things that aren't my abnormalities.

...it hurts that I can recognize what most of these are.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Also, there’s a discord???

There is a wiki discord, and a reddit discord, and CKC translations (the guys translating all the PM stuff into english at this point) has its own discord too, which is basically all PM stuff at this point.

So there's like, three discords. Four if you're counting Library of Ruina stuff, which has its own discord for the reddit channel too. Also the LP discord mentioned in the sandcastle thread will sometimes talk about the game in the general chat, but it's not a focused discord so. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Which is the Discord I got the advice from! From you, if I recall correctly. It was very helpful.

Glad to hear it. This game is hard so I try to give workable advice, but sometimes my schemes are a little too cockamamie to work.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I mean your lp and the wiki have helped me not lose my sanity entirely. I still have bad memories from Wall Gazer.

gently caress Wall Gazer.

EDIT: Was watching a twitch stream of someone playing this game and they picked up O-01-45 and then immediately had a memory reposition update :negative:. They stopped the stream before looking at it but that’s gonna be a hard reset considering the highest level character they had was a 3.

Yeah that's gonna be either require very careful maneuvering or it'll just become an outright :ohno: situation.

Probably the latter, considering.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Ah, the abnormality storage glitch. :allears:

I plan to cover it in the LP thread MUCH much later, but long story short is if you already have an abno on deck, it comes instead of One Sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

Very lategame spoilers!

Can anyone think of a reason why some of my agents are consistently panicking when the Arbiter shows up at Meltdown V on Day 49? I'm not pushing the pause button or anything, and I don't recall it happening when doing her basic Core Suppression.

Most likely, her initial spikes are hitting people multiple times and causing them to die or panic. Try spreading agents out to one per corridor/room, this way they’ll only be able to be hit by one, instead of 2-3 like frequently would happen in my arbiter fights. Outside of that there’s nothing specific to the arbiter itself that would panic people, so just run a basic check of abnormalities to make sure none of them are doing it instead somehow.