Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Lobcorp Q: Is all mission progress paused during sephirah meltdowns? If they are, then that's kind of a pain but I guess I dont want to induce breach on purpose during Hod's meltdown. For Malkuth it got easier once I started taking notes but I'm not sure how you're supposed to beat Hod's.

hostess with the Moltres fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I've got Little Red Riding Mercenary and Mountain of Smiling Bodies so I'm thinking that I might not be able to do Gebura's first mission before I reset so I can do Hod's without worrying about so many strong abnos while my agents are debuffed to hell. At the very least I got a lot of nice equipment to make the march back up to day 21 easy. Are there any recommended weak abnos for doing missions and the like?

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I downloaded Basemod for lobcorp because I wanted to download that Chesed fix mod and I noticed that I don't get Hod's portrait or dialogue for expanding her department anymore. Is that because I reset to day 1 (to make her suppression easier by making sure there weren't a lot of dangerous abnos that breach when clerks die) or because I downloaded the mods?

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
The Queen of Hatred's a cool abnormality, but IDK if I want to keep track of how many clerks die all the time to keep her in my facility. The healing also makes stat gains a lot worse which is a shame because I need a good mid-level insight fortitude trainer. I guess that's what the memory repository is for, but that's a lot of times to relive day 16 already at this point.

Edit: I do have execution bullets b/c of retry fuckery but its still a bit of a pain with not that many departments open at this point.

hostess with the Moltres fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 19, 2024

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I’m at a midpoint of lobcorp where I’m at day 30 and it doesn’t feel like there’s much of a reason to take non-was or aleph abnos since they’re the best for training, unless they’re a pain to manage. Or if I need to get their data. But also it doesn’t feel super possible to complete the game on this loop if I don’t have all the best gear. I’ve gotten a bit better at keeping my nuggets out of harms way during suppression and most of my characters are at level 5, but it doesn’t feel worth it to suppress Blue Star if I don’t have 2 other alephs to suppress. I can also do Apocalypse Bird but Judgement Bird hasn’t appeared yet.

Also gently caress firebird

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I'm playing lobcorp trying to do Gebura's Aleph breach mission and I've got 2 Aleph abnos, Nothing There and Blue Star. I also have two birds for Apocalypse Bird, Big Bird and Punishment Bird but Judgement Bird has not spawned yet. Is it worth fighting Nothing There and Judgement to at least get some progress or do I need to suppress all three alephs on the same day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Apocalypse Bird doesn't gently caress around, huh. I don't have a ton of Aleph gear, but eggs don't fight back so I'm hoping that it isn't too bad. I think the first time I failed was forgetting I had Magic Bullet on someone, and a whole bunch of abnos got loose. It seems like the move to make is make a death ball with all my heaviest damage dealers and point them towards the pale egg whenever bird isn't in that room. Then just take my time with the other two eggs. I took Melting Love for extraction the next day but when I realized how her gimmick worked I rewinded ASAP. Not sure where the ideal building location would be for her.

I don't think I have anyone who can even equip Apocalypse Bird's EGO atm, but it seems like the much easier option compared to suppressing Nothing There+Blue Star+Whatever other Aleph appears. I've got 100 hours in this game now but a good portion of that is leaving the game idle when I forget to close it and lots of day resets. I'm enjoying dealing with the abnormalities (when they're not all breaking out at once), suppression less so, but I wish everything was a little less inconvenient and janky. Maybe I should've moved onto Ruina at this point but now I'm way too investe