Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

I saw someone mention that you need a seal to pass an event in the third dungeon, along with multiple other items. I just picked up the seal... Is one of the other items the warehouse key? I already used that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Arcanuse posted:

Not sure about the resistances change, but I do like getting to see corroded egos outside my sinners getting whooped.

also, unrelated, but is golden apple a Giant Tree Sap aberration? Legerdemain looks p similar to it.

Personally I've been thinking it's an aberration of King of Greed. The head in the last cutscene is attached to it in the same way that KoG's head is attached to it's anglerfish form, it starts the battle in a golden "cocoon" you need to break open, and the greed themes are pretty strong with it in general.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

SITB posted:

Demian appears in the second group that has more monstrous looking beings there. Furthermore, while Hermann, Gubo and Jia Huan all have red font for their names Demian has a blue font for his, so I don't think they are all part of the same group.

(Sonya has a purple font; I assume because of his ambiguous relationship with Rodion and Hermann's group)

Maybe he has a purple font because it's a mix of red and blue, and he's working with both Demian and Herrman's groups? Could be that the reason Herrman and Co's group shot in the opening doesn't have a full twelve is because Sonya's in the other one with Demian (Or in neither).

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

My honest assumption is Z is either across the sea or under the ground. Across the Sea would make sense with at minimum Ishmael's backstory including a lengthy sea journey. The city has parts of it over/in what looks to be an ocean-front as well on the map.

It feels worth noting that, as far as I can recall, the game never says Ishmael's voyage was on an ocean, just a "vast body of water" or something like that. Going out of its way to not use words like "Ocean" or "Sea" makes me think that her voyage wasn't on something as mundane as a geological feature, but in some sort of bizarre pocket dimension or something.

Junpei posted:

Gregor's base kit is Gloom, Gluttony, and Sloth. Gloom and Sloth, naturally, fit his apathetic and sullen outlook as a war vet and propaganda piece. I'm not sure how Gluttony fits into his personality, he's not searching for anything.

I feel like Gluttony would more be gorging yourself to excess on something you have already, rather than searching for something you lack.

Shastahanshah posted:

...Do any fights other than Kromer last long enough to even use EGO?

If you build your team right and focus on using the right colors, it can. I generally end up having Ebony Queen and Legerdemain ready at the start of the second wave for the Level 3 EXP Luxcavation.

Even without a team built for it, if you're in a story or mirror dungeon you only lose half your sin resources at the end of a fight instead of all of them, so eventually you'll have enough from that alone.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

The bus crew are just a branch of the company, not the entire company. They're called the LCB. Effie and Saude (and the Ishmael/Rodion identities) are part of the before team of the LCC. We know LCC stands for Limbus Company Clearance, so LCB probably means Limbus Company Bus or Limbus Company Bough.

The event also mentions LCD, which handles Distortions.

I wonder what LCA could be? Assuming it's another field team and not just upper management.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Junpei posted:

coulda sworn LCA was "After", for clean-up and recovery.

Ah, right, they did mention an after team didn't they. Makes sense.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Junpei posted:

LORE DROP: Don Quixote mentions in the new bit on Liu that the Cinq Association covers "one-on-one situations like duels", Liu handles group fights. Other than that, bit of Enkaphalin, nothing crazy.

This makes me curious what sort of situations that covers that the Shi Association does not.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 20, 2023

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Assassinations and duels are different things. Expectations of stealth for example.

I'm assuming. Don meant that they specialized in 1-on-1 combat rather than group fighting like the Liu -- I'd find it a bit odd if formalized dueling was so common in the city that it needs it's own association. And I'm not sure what situations there'd be where you can *know* that your fights will be 1-on-1 rather than group-vs-group beyond "I need someone to fight this one specific person." And wanting one specific person dead is what you go to the Shi for.

Edit: Or to rephrase, what I'm curious about is why 1-on-1 combat that *isn't* just wanting that one specific person dead is so common in the city that it needs its own association the way that assassinations and warfare do.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 21, 2023

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

So, currently my only unbought IDs are Seven Outis, Kurokumo Rodion, R-Ishmael, and W-Meursalt, while my only unbought EGOs are the Dimension Shredders, Pursuance, Ardor Blossom, and Wishing Cairn. I have about 200 nominable boxes, but my only EGOshards that are at roughly 200 are Hong Lu, Yi Sang, and Ish -- the rest have about 130. Obviously I should burn my nominable boxes for something before the season ends, but does anyone have any particular suggestions on what?

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

LizardBeam posted:

Does anyone recalls what drawers they picked in the dungeon, and what they got from it? Wondering if we should figure out what all of 'em are, for posterity.

E: I picked 6th row, 1st column. Gave a gift that gives +10% sloth damage.

I picked the middle option, got a gift that boosts pride damage by 10%. Friend took the top option and got a bonus to gluttony damage.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Quackles posted:

Regarding running Limbus (Steam version), I'm on a Mac. Limbus is only available on PC... on Windows.

Can anyone speak to if they've had success with CrossOver or Parallels for the game?

E: I'm on an Apple Silicon Mac.

I'm a mac user and play it on Parallels, it works just as well for me as any other Windows game. I've never tried CrossOver.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

SITB posted:

Also contains LoR spoilers: Angela had an EGO and during most of Ruina she murdered random people who had the temerity to have something she wanted :v:, even during her bad ending she still had an EGO. And while everyone was wowed by Xiao manifesting EGO, her actual resolution was "I was right to sacrifice everything (including my coworkers) for the sake of love". Even in Limbus itself Dongbaek realized she wanted to destroy technology solely so that other people could rediscover it and feel the same sense of wonder she had, which was fundamentally a selfish motivation rather than anything good or noble.

Fundamentally, If you give people choice some may chose "wrong" because that's the nature of choice; it's still better that they have this opportunity than to be forced into cruelty by the City's nature.

Yinlock posted:

LoR: Angela gave the Light a shape but iirc it wasn't really her EGO until after her final realization, which is why the Head was able to drop by with a teleport bomb before she could figure out how it actually worked
"

Adding onto this: I can't help but notice the similarity between Faust's method for resolving distortions (that was used with Eubong), and how the realizations went down. As well as how the method Dongrang used to try to provoke Dongbaek into distorting was similar to how said realizations started.I'm pretty sure there's some sort of connection there, and can't help but wonder if the realizations were Angela starting to Distort, if she wasn't outright distorted already. From what I recall from what I read of Distortion Detective, Distortions can build for a while before they actually start physically changing yur appearance.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 18, 2023

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

LostRook posted:

So Sang Yi and Faust were working together right? How does that work? Sang Yi spoke to Yi Sang in part 2 so I guess it might be a Tyler Durden thing.

LostRook posted:

Initially Sang Yi is keeping Yi Sang at N Corp. Ishmael even mentions it. When Sang Yi prompts Yi Sang to finally flee, Yi Sang immediately runs into Faust. That seems to indicate extraordinary knowledge on both their parts or collusion.
I'm not sold on this being the case, but if it is true, that wouldn't necessitate a Tyler Durden thing; if a certain other theory is true, Sang Yi could still just be a parallel universe Yi Sang.

To wit, Faust's W-Corp uptie scene has her say she intends to join and learn the secrets of every Wing, which makes no sense since people who leave a wing generally get mind-wiped if they know any secrets (At the very least, W-Corp, the one she is working for in that scene, explicitly does this as per Ruina). From this, people have theorized that Faust is able to share information between her alternates (Hence "Faust knows all outcomes," "Faust only knows what Faust knows," etc.), and is planning to have a different alternate join each wing in a different mirror universe so that they can pool all their knowledge. If this i true, then Sang Yi could have just talked with the Faust from his own universe and she would have passed it on to the one in this universe.

Which sounds even more ridiculous now that I've typed it out, but... Project Moon.

That said, I don't think any collaboration between the two of them is necessary for things to play out the way they did.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 19, 2023

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Yinlock posted:

I assume we'll be getting the big Ruina IDs like Xiao and Yun when we start breaking into Star of The City realms of power, right now we're just hanging around the backstreet cannibal level

My personal hope is that we'll be getting a Xiao ID after Xiao herself shows up in the story.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

posadas posted:

Is there a site which collects all the dialogue trees of ? encounters? Making a wrong choice is painful on hard

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14qQvQ-vpMbJYLNHA32VMqgWgvgVRIhq-ceB_SS6Ieao/edit#gid=54829168
This is what I've been using (I got it from the Project Moon Discord). So far it's been seeming like it has everything.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

GilliamYaeger posted:

That means that Ish's ID is probably Rain, and you can actually see one of her pigtails on the figure in the middle.

otoh, Ishmael's ID picture has her doing Olga's iconic(?) hand on forehead hungover pose, so...

(Can't claim credit for the pic, someone on reddit spotted this one)

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Something I just had a thought about, in terms of resonating with Abnormalities. Is what the Dimension Shredder is meant to represent. Given the two users are Yi Sang and Hong Lu and they seem like they couldn't be further apart. But it occurred to me the "connection" is likely that they both have suffered directly at the hands of one of the Wings of the City.

The Abnormality represents someone abandoned by W Corp to become a monster, Yi Sang and specifically N Corp drugging and manipulating him in his depression, which just leaves Hong Lu. However as the K Corp story shows, whilst he's not sad about it, his Matriarchal Grandmother sold him to a Wing, and I could imagine his canon story isn't too different as to why he's "slumming it" with the LCB.

Yi Sang's Dimension Shredder dialogue makes the connection for him pretty clear, imo: "The path is intent on thwarting all attempts to memorize it..." "In truth, the alley is an open one." The latter is very close to how he described his escape from N Corp IIRC, with him realizing that while the "box" he was in seemed closed, in truth it was open. So I think the connection is indeed his time at N Corp, but I don't think it's specifically the fact that he was abused by a Wing, but more that -- much like the Passenger itself/people on a warp train -- he was trapped in an enclosed space with no apparent escape, where time seemed to not pass or have no meaning (Thanks to his depression).

Hong Lu is a bit harder to place without knowing his own story, but I think the connection is less abuse he suffered and more him just being "lost"/set adrift from everything he knew. But until we get a bit more info on Hong Lu that's more my opinion rather than anything concrete.

Anyway, all that aside... Given that RR2 has 9 encounters and 4 of them are new, I wonder what enemies will be making it in? Or rather, which ones won't. As much as I'd like the list to just be "all the enemies from Chapter 4 that don't show up in MD2H," the fact that it's unlocked by beating chapter 3 tells me that Dongrang at the very least probably won't be there, since that'd be spoilers.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

It could also be that T Corp's district might have been designed before Limbus Company's story, and when writing up the stuff for Yi Sang they decided that T Corp would be a good fit as a stand-in for Japan in his story based on what they'd already designed for it.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Saw some further discussion, and Signs of Roses could also be an aberration of One Sin.

People keep saying this, but... It's clearly supposed to be Flesh Idol, right?

Like, I'm not just going crazy over here, right?

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 23, 2023

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

RandomReader posted:

I keep trying to pull of that combo with her having two slots, but I'm constantly loving up [on use] somehow, and getting insight 2.

Yep, same. I'm going bonkers trying to figure out how it works. Turn 1 I'll have a Skill 1 and Skill 3 slotted, overwrite the Skill 1 with her guard, and at the start of the next turn the Skill 3 is still there, the Skill 1 is gone, and she has Insight 1.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Verant posted:

Season 3 preview time!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/6562365934278267542

We're seeing the same sort of shard/box halving, past BP Announcers and EGO will apparently require paid lunacy to dispense, tier 4 luxcavations (featuring MFE amd friends), and they're looking at adjusting BEXP from the Mirror Dungeons again.

People are saying that the BP Egos at least will be purchasable with egoshards or paid lunacy, rather than paid lunacy only.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

My current random theory atm is that Queequeg is going to turn out to be one of the sillhouettes in the opening, probably in Demian's group. Thus far someone from each Sinner's past has been working with one of those two, and given the implication that Ahab is merged with the whale it's probably not the captain. And there's too much setup for that character for them to not become important at some point.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Marluxia posted:

Maybe I'm wrong, but Young-Ji didn't seem to have a significant role in Yi Sang's life, beyond being part of the same group.

RandomReader posted:

I thought Young-ji was a leader among the nine, wasn't he always referred to as Brother Young-ji instead of just his name?I also remember him being a member they talked about a lot more than any of the others.
Isn't it Kim Ki Rim (The one played by Faust), not Young-Ji? "Rim" in the name, based off the guy who wrote a poem called "The Sea and the Butterfly"...

Edit: One thing I find interesting looking back, is that when asked why he said there are only 4 calamities now instead of 5, Vergilius starts to explain, then cuts himself off saying "you'll find out soon enough." Which makes me think he knew Indigo was in the area, since he's the reason why there are now 4.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 24, 2023

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Also, the defend will only discard something if it actually clashes with an attack -- if you target an attack with the defend skill then have someone else clash with that attack, nothing gets discarded. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

So, something that occurred to me.

The first two realizations in Ruina were used to establish a pattern for how realizations would go, so that the following realizations could catch the player off guard by subverting said pattern -- realization 3 has the new abno first, number 4 pulls that thing with the Orchestra to subvert that, number 5 is Roland instead of Angela...

The way Cantos 4 and 5 ended feel a lot like we're in the "using the first two to establish a pattern" part of that sequence.

PetraCore posted:

He could always distort and undistort.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I could see it working if they gave us something mechanically for getting through that section of the story. I feel like people would be a lot more willing to not use, say, Don during one floor of her dungeon because she turned into a knight monster if you got a Cool Knight Don ID or EGO as part of that story. The problem at that point would just be waiting for them to give free stuff to everyone.

EDIT: Then again, I also think people would probably be fine if they just made the Don distortion really cool. So maybe I think you're just underestimating what people will accept from a dungeon gimmick.

Could pull a Servant of Wrath and have someone's Distortion literally split them into two entities, with one being a boss and the other being playable. Maybe give them a distorted ID that's auto-equipped for the fight, but you need to pull from the Gacha if you want to use it anywhere else.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Yinlock posted:

Only Walpurgis has that property, you can buy event IDs/EGOs just fine as long as it's the same season. I bought it immediately for Sacks

atm it's the only EGO that you'd find in the "Season 3" section of the dispensary, which in turn is the only section to not have an EGO tab, instead placing it with the IDs. And it also puts it on a separate line from the IDs, meaning that if there are at least 4 Season 3 IDs you haven't bought then (at least on mobile) it doesn't show up in the season 3 tab when you open it. It took me embarrassingly long to notice that I could scroll down on that tab, so I could understand someone not finding it when they looked and assuming that they just couldn't.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 7, 2024

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Yinlock posted:

her passive is ridiculously strong but also way too specific, requiring someone to kill the enemy she's targeting right after she attacks it, which as usual isn't going to happen on purpose most of the time.
The way I read the passive was "Once this unit's attack finishes resolving, if the target of the attack is now dead, this triggers." So if Capmael kills a unit, that activates it; if she targets a unit and that unit dies of bleed during the clash, that also activates it; etc.

But it does seem a bit ambiguously phrased; it could very well only trigger from Assist Attack and nothing else, it's hard to say.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

DuoRogue posted:

alleyway watchdog

turn 3 does the -20 sp shield and the aoe at the same time

Shocktipede is weird too -- I just fought it in MDH, and instead of its first turn being Coil Up and nothing else, it was Coil Up plus three attacks, including its AoE.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

My personal theory is that rather than managing the entire City, the citybuilder is either A)the new LCorp trying to put together their nest, or B)Angela and co. trying to create a proper settlement around the Library's new location in the Outskirts.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I was going to say that most of Ishmael's IDs could easily be versions of her that didn't decide to join the Pequod, since Ishmael deciding to join a different group would be an easy inflection point in much the same way that a lot of Heathcliff's identities are just him joining a different organization than Limbus Company after he left Wurthering Heights. And then I remembered that she only grew her hair out because of Queequeg. Not that she couldn't have had a girlfriend who permanently changed her fashion sense on dry land, but you get the idea.

More definitively, Liu Ishmael also still has the hairband made from Queequeg's rope.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Question: is the Piece of Relationship EGO gift only available in the shop? It's one of the 4 I'm missing in the compedium besides Downpour, Red Gossypium and Soothe the Dead (MDN did not have a guaranteed rest stop before the event)

I have received it as a reward for beating a boss.

GilliamYaeger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ez0AEHlGGs

Greg has become a beautiful bride with our first gacha WAW.

I suspect he's supposed to look like Jesus rather than a bride.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Given that the IRL Walpurgisnacht is this month, I suspect it'll be coming out around then.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

nabo posted:

And Ryoshu comparing it to the 'Night of Hundred Demons' (that i'm pretty sure she's mentioned before, tho I cant remember where).

I believe it was during the Dawn of Green event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

microfolk posted:

Having to do 3 separate hard runs to get the most BP exp is awful, it's not a big difference (250 exp vs 225) but why!!!
I guess so that people who like doing Hard Dungeons repeatedly during the week still feel like they're getting something out of it?

From the looks of it though, if you don't count starlight gains I think you actually get more BP points per module by doing 1 MDH, claiming all of the bonuses from it, and then doing a single normal dungeon.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Starting gifts rework. Seems like it's going to be slash/blunt/pierce rather than ailment types, and you cannot reset over and over for tier IV gifts.

It's in addition to ailment types, not rather than.