Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
On Day 9, after a Day 11 full reset. Pleasantly surprised to find out how much made the trip back. I reset because, on my fifth attempt to get O-04-84 fully researched without anyone dying, I got blindsided by Green Noon and a bunch of people died anyway. That run didn't have any HE or higher abnormalities; I just got my first HE in this run (T-01-68), which gave me great equipment at minimal hassle. Throwing one newbie per day at T-09-85 for research purposes and I'm ready to be done with the loving thing. Somehow got an agent to survive working Today's Shy Look on the really bad face with one HP remaining (another wasn't so lucky).

Edit: I'm gonna take unknown abnormalities whenever possible, prioritizing the middle spot.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

jimmydalad posted:

O-04-84/Meat Lantern is a loving nightmare and pretty much necessitates sending a ranged weapon user to work them because eventually you reach a point where every work you do on them causes them to breach. Seriously, having the qliphort count decrease by taking less than 40 seconds is so hilariously dickish. I’ve had to reset days because I sent a level 5 melee user to work it accidentally and then it pops itself in the corridor which only has one exit.

I thought I had it handled, since I have plenty of peeps with guns, and then it set up camp in front of a door where someone was just about to finish working.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

And now that I don't have You're Bald... in my facility anymore, I have fewer guns.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Also, I have no idea which of my higher-level abnormalities are safe for newbies, so I've just been sending them all to to One Sin, Wellcheers and Beauty and the Beast until they're ready for the harder stuff. I should probably figure out a better way to train them.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Scorched Girl was my first breach, but she's very easy to kite, so I didn't mind how easily she gets out once I got all her gear. I had multiple breaches with Crimson Noon; I sent everybody to fight the Harmony so it took too long for everyone to take care of the Cheers before they released Dead Butterflies, Forsaken Murderer and Scorched Girl again. Thankfully none of them were much of a problem, especially since I handled Dead Butterflies with the agent who had the Dead Butterflies gear. A clerk actually finished off the last Cheers, but was killed in the resulting explosion.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

oh boy train time

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Right now my plan is to wait until I finish LobCorp to move on to its sequel. I only just remembered the spoiler thing as I was typing that out, but I'd hold off even if Ruina didn't spoil LobCorp's ending.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Got my first Clerk Rights abnormality (-106), which will hamper my ability to get farther more than anything else I have right now.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Well -06 is a finicky HE that trains attachment and has some annoying rules to manage it. -64 is a WAW, a very good instinct and attachment trainer, who is a bit breach-prone, but not hard to suppress, just annoying, and useful for a future mission. -106 is another ALEPH, that due to certain.. peculiarities.. is completely worthless for training, and being a member of the Clerk's Rights Squad, will probably kill your day when it inevitably does get out.

I would go with -64. It's got very good gear and ALEPH tier weaponry, and more importantly, isn't -106.

-106 is what made me reset after making it to day 26. I had to end each day before Noon, and reset if Noon came on the third meltdown. I did eventually complete research and get gear on everything I had by Day 26, so no harm done.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

How are you all spending your LOB points? Aside from hiring new agents, I've been using them to train my highest-level agents, getting them as close to maxed out as I can manage.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Just did the second core suppression. I was worried about -75 breaching during a Noon and loving everything up, but that didn't happen. Instead, someone died to Meat Lantern at the last minute; normally I keep one Agent at minimum Temperance to keep it happy, but they got a bad result through sheer luck. I decided to go back to a checkpoint to get that agent back; I lost -66, -67, (both of whom I got all the gear from), -06 (full research, no gear) and -75 (only most of the research, no gear).

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I'm trying to get -109 fully researched without having Execution Bullets. Everything was going well until -64 broke out and targeted the hallway where I was quarantining the guy I sent to work on -109. My only option was to send him to work -109 again, which triggered Crimson Noon. I managed to get everything under control, then I hosed up by not realizing that tools still make -67's gift trigger.

On a previous day -64 broke out so often that it made -57 break out. I've yet to suppress -57, but thankfully she chose to target -64 instead of an employee. It was hilarious seeing her completely outmatched by something I've killed half a dozen times now.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Day 35. I figure it's time for me to suppress 3 Alephs, which in my facility would be -20, -75 and -109. I know I can take -75 pretty easily if I ambush it right away, because I did so on my first attempt and then the game crashed. -109 shouldn't be too much worse if I don't get its blessing on anyone, but -20 might be the deal-breaker. I'll try breaking out -20 first when I make my next attempt.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TeeQueue posted:

The key with -20 is being able to blitz its HP bar down in forms 1 or 2. You'll want to have your full facility deathball standing *right nearby* ready to go.

Mission complete. I had the deathball ready, but kept everyone with Red resistance below 0.5 in the room outside -20's hallway because on earlier attempts some of them were getting hit and dying to its attack. Once form 2 started I was free to wail on it with everybody, of course. -109 and -75 were cakewalks because I kept things on my terms and not theirs.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Just finished a Violet Midnight with seven agents dead. Definitely gonna do either a full reset or go back to checkpoint after this. The deciding factor is whether or not Zayin or Teth abnormalities will spawn from Day 37 onward. I only have two Zayin and one Teth left to research (though one of said Zayin is Plague Doctor so the rules might apply differently to it), and I want to do that before getting to the end of the game.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Chesed's suppression has me a bit puzzled. If, say, -89 melts down when everyone's weak to Black damage, is there anything I can do other than ignore it and prepare to suppress it when it comes out, push the facility into another meltdown and hope the damage types shuffle, or sacrifice an agent?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TeeQueue posted:

Portrait + lots of Black Bullets is an option, or possibly someone with its weapon, and maybe the Smile armor if you have that.

There's also always backwards clock if you have that.

I was already using someone with the Smile armor to work -89, but I could give Portrait a shot. Does the special ability of -89's weapon trigger in the containment unit?

Worst case scenario, I can just do Gebura's suppression and get a full reset, giving me better picks to work with in Welfare and Extraction.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

-89's weapon combined with the Smile suit worked like a charm. On to Gebura.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

kvx687 posted:

Gebura was honestly even easier. I'd taken off half my workforce for the day, keeping only the characters with stats over 100 in everything and WAW+ suits with no weaknesses, but I probably didn't need to bother. Her first phase was simple enough. I ran through a couple of meltdowns before going after her in order to execute my clerks to keep the Mountain and Army in Black from breaking out once she starting Gold Rushing around, then went after in force. She didn't last particularly long; her first phase damage is honestly pretty anemic as long as your armor is up to date, and my agents were fast enough to dodge dance without getting hit outside of occasional bad luck or timing. The only irritating part was that she ended in Central after the second Gold Rush, so it's a lot harder to keep your agents properly balled up. Still, she went down eventually, and her second phase started with her in Training. I hadn't gotten that far in my practice runs, so I sent over my agent in full Adoration gear to see what she could do.

That's when things got hilarious.

I don't know if it's a glitch or just a weird quirk of her AI, but she would never initiate an attack while my agent was in the Adoration attack animation. She would constantly walk up to my agent, stop in place while letting my agent slime her, then I would retreat my agent a few steps and start again. I soloed her with a single agent, and she got off maybe a dozen swings and a single Heaven spear her entire phase. Her third phase was pretty similar. This time I sent my Pinks and Sound of a Star agents after her. Unlike the last phase she would actually attack, but she would almost never move while being attacked, and it turns out if she's on one end of a main room her Justitia attack won't reach the other end, even in the smaller ones on the upper floors. She did get in a few hits with Heaven but a black shield fully blocked them, and even without one they only did about 40% damage which wasn't nearly enough to kill my agents with how rarely they went out.

Fourth phase was mildly irritating but she never actually hit anything during it. She started off with her chase attack, I never actually figured out which agent she'd marked since I'd stuck them all in a single pile on the other end of the facility. She did nearly reach them even with slowing bullets but didn't quite make it- I did discover a possible glitch with her, though. Apparently it's possible for her to trigger the attack end in the half a second or so when the sprite disappears in the middle of a room transition, she didn't actually attack as far as I could tell but was basically despawned for the entire duration of her rest period. Then when she started up her super Gold Rush her starting portal didn't appear, which was a fun surprise. Still, I ended up dropping the Rabbit Squad on her once she finally landed, and they had exactly enough DPS to take her down to zero right as her next set of portals were forming.
This reward looks a lot more useful, though it would've been nice if I could've gotten it before resetting away my Queen of Hatred. Oh well, that's what the memory depository's for, I guess.

I'm gonna assume you had the opportunity to slow her multiple times during phase four? That's the only way I can think of to keep her from killing anyone she's chasing. I was lucky enough to have her start the phase in Extraction while almost every agent was in Control, but I didn't keep them in the main room of Control and only used one bullet. Now I have to restart (I've had a few dozen failed attempts so far), and probably won't get her in such an opportune position next time.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

kvx687 posted:

You can also get the bad endings by failing days 47, 48, and 49, IIRC.

Gebura suppression Slow bullets last around ~12 seconds and she doesn't stop until 20 seconds after starting so you'll need at least two bullets to keep her down, and even then she's running about twice as fast as a max-Justice agent. You'll probably want to keep all but one agent as far away as possible from her near the end of her third phase, use the solo agent to knock the last bit of health off, then retreat out of her path and hope the solo agent isn't the focus. Try to lead her to one of the smaller departments, like Safety or Training; once she stops moving you can drop the Rabbit Squad on her, and the smaller the department the more damage they're likely to inflict. Also, if you're planning on resetting to memory depository after the fight you may just want to accept some casualties, you'll need to rebuy their equipment but the employees will be back once you reset.

Keep in mind she doesn't leave her room outside of the special attacks until phase four, so you can be free with bullet uses and then do some easy works to move to a new meltdown level to restock. Also, if all else fails there's the Chesed Protocol- she takes double damage from Abnormalities, so you can park an agent in the Shelter and she'll get ground down eventually, albeit it'll probably take a few hours even if you have Blue Star and/or White Night.

I finally beat Gebura. The procedure I used was to split my agents into A Team, Red Team, White Team and The Rest. A Team (every agent with Alepth weapons and suits) went after Gebura, ducking out of the room she's camped in if they needed to heal. Red Team (agents with Red weapons and Waw+ equipment who didn't qualify for A Team) was stationed in the hallway outside The Mountain of Smiling Bodies so it could be suppressed ASAP. White Team (like Red Team but with White Weapons) sat in the elevator closest to Big Bird to put it down, and The Rest hid in an elevator in the corner of the facility for the first three phases. Whenever Little Red's counter got to 1, I sent the agent with the Mimicry sword to handle her, since anyone with Mimicry and an Aleph suit can easily solo her.

If I couldn't dodge the transition attack where she throws her weapons out (because she was in Information and it's not possible to get agents to a different floor in time), I'd make sure the agent pushing her into phase three got hit with Da Capo and had White Team on standby to bring them out of panic. For phase four, I got really lucky; I was planning to move all of my agents far away while she was using Gold Rush to get to Safety, but once she was there she used Gold Rush again instead of chasing a specific agent. I got everyone out of the way and she ended the attack in Central, where my entire facility was able to dogpile her before she caught her breath. It would have been cool if I could beat her in the attempt where I let Little Red get in a fight with Big Wolf and suppressed the survivor without losing anyone, but I'm still pretty satisfied with how things turned out.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Tried Binah for the first time today; didn't make it past phase two. My initial plan was to do a full reset after suppressing Hokma and Binah, but I might have to make one even earlier because there are some abnormalities I can't wait to get rid of, and they'll be a huge pain with these suppressions on my plate. Regarding Binah, should I even bother having anyone attack her when she's at .8 resistances and moving, or should I wait until she does another set of meltdowns so I can disable her again?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TeeQueue posted:

re: the spoiler

Just Buns. Ideally you never attack her at all. But yes, if you have to attack her you keep going when she's at .8 since she's still very mortal.

Well, initially my reason for not wanting to attack her is not wanting to trigger her attacks, get my agents killed and add more meltdowns to my plate. I don't know if I can attack her from behind to avoid triggering the key or fairy at all; she'll probably just turn around instead. But you made me realize that maybe I can just trap her in one department with the Rabbits and hope that no meltdowns spawn in that department.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

SITB posted:

When you are doing Meltdown Suppressions the department that is vacated will never get any meltdowns, so you can just call the Rabbit team immediately before she leaves because Extraction won't have any meltdowns.

Question is, can I get the energy to call the Rabbits before she leaves Extraction?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Wow, Binah loving crumpled under the Rabbits. Thanks for the advice, guys! Of course, breaching abnormalities still killed nine agents, so back to day 41 I go.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Hokma isn't as bad as I thought he'd be. I got to the midnight ordeal (Amber Midnight, the one ordeal I haven't suppressed yet) no problem, and then the game crashed. You'd think after the fifth time that happened I'd stop playing a Youtube vid in the background, but I guess not.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Hokma complete. A bunch of things made it not as bad as I thought it would be. First, only one to three containers melt down if you save him for last, as I did. Second, I executed all of my clerks ASAP so I wouldn't have to worry about the Mountain breaking out. Third, I spread my agents throughout all of the hallways so there would always be one ready to catch a clown in the act of loving with a cell door. Finally, I got Amber Midnight, and figured out that the best way to beat it is to make it spawn all its minions and wait until it came right next to my collection of agents and I could order it killed. The minions die when the big worm that spawns them dies. I only lost one agent to a reflexive, needless pause when I worried that the big worm pulling out would damage the agents in the room. If that agent had panicked and spread the panic, or if I triggered Violet Midnight instead of Amber or Green, I might not have been able to pull it off.

I'm going to do a big reset one more time. Here's the facility I'm getting rid of:
Control: One Sin, Old Lady, 1.76 MHz, Old Faith and Promise
Information: Fragment of the Universe, Lady Facing the Wall, Void Dream, Mirror of Adjustment
Training: Meat Lantern, Red Shoes, Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary, Behavior Adjustment
Safety: Schadenfreude, Queen Bee, King of Greed, Flesh Idol
Central 1: Little Prince, Laetitia, Big and Will Be Bad Wolf, Notes from a Crazed Researcher
Central 2: Nothing There, Melting Love, Grave of Cherry Blossoms, Luminous Bracelet
Disciplinary: Alriune, Judgment Bird, Scarecrow Searching for Wisdom, Shelter from the 27th of March
Welfare: El Llanto de la Luna, Big Bird, Mountain of Smiling Bodies, Giant Tree Sap
Extraction: Knight of Despair, CENSORED, Dream of a Black Swan, Portrait of Another World
Records: Dimensional Refraction Variant, Burrowing Heaven, Blue Star, Backwards Clock (the contents of this department varied greatly with the checkpoint resets I did; this is just its most recent form)

This last run will be to research the abnormalities I haven't encountered yet (-15, -31, -37, -42, -45, -46, -47, -55, -61, -63, -71, -74 and -108), build a facility that can endure the last challenges, and train an army of super-agents. Hopefully training everyone won't be too boring until I get to the hard parts again.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Cloacamazing! posted:

Oh you definitely saved the best for last. You should probably do another reset once you get those done, because that sounds like a nightmare.

I said I won't go back to day 1 again, but I'll definitely be going back to the memory repository once I get what I want out of a problem abnormality.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Rare footage of -45 breaching:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_O5IesXl6w

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Robindaybird posted:

The Train is especially nasty when you have a breach-prone abnormality such as -31.

I didn't have the same amount of trouble with the baby but I got it near end game where almost all my agents could easily handle it's work, but it's definitely a bitch if you get it early.

I kept the train in my facility for about ten days, but that was before I started doing suppressions. I saved Nameless Fetus to near the end; while I started my run with a rule that I'd always pick an unknown abno, in the middle if possible, I broke that rule when that would result in taking the baby on a repository day.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Gave up on resisting the temptation to play LoR. How many books should I be burning?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I hit a stumbling block on LoR, suffering my first loss to San and Julia of the Zwei Office, so I'm gonna try farming some more cards and getting a better handle on what cards I need.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

How many copies of a card should I stock up in general if I want it? Judging by the floor limit, I'm guessing anything over eighteen is overkill?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Any tips for designing a light cost curve in early game?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

In LobCorp, does An Arbiter turn around to attack agents that are hitting her in the back, or will she only use the key or fairy attacks on agents in front of her?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

How do I get a Book of the Molar Office? I can't even remember if I got one the first time I beat them and now I've done it three times. Am I missing something?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

GilliamYaeger posted:

What emotion level are they at when you kill them? Remember that you get more drops the higher their emotion level is. You can also hover over their emotion level marker to see who drops what.

Last time I fought them they were at level...4? Whatever the maximum is. I didn't know about the hovering; I'll try it when I feel like playing again. Redoing the Molar Office and Stray Dogs fights was a bit of a slog; I often empty bookshelves and re-equip my team from scratch often, and I got sloppy doing so this time around. Still haven't gotten used to rearranging passive abilities in the main library page, either.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

kvx687 posted:

Yes, that all makes sense. Thank you! I'm liking the game so far but it could really use more documentation.

I wish I could keep Quick Mode off; clicking through every dice roll helped me understand more about how this system works.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Is the original ending gone now, or has it just been expanded upon?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Got back to Ruina after a month of not playing it, and decided to blitz the first tier of Urban Plague without tweaking my setup more than once. I'd beaten The Carnival last time and didn't remember it being hard, had a normal victory over the Full-Stop Office, barely lost against the Dawn Office and barely beat the Gaze Office. It was only during the last fight that I remembered that maybe I shouldn't be clashing at every given opportunity. Wish I'd known that when I was up against Crack of Dawn. I'll be going back over these fights to get more pages and fully unlock the next set of fights, so I'm wondering if there are obvious counter-plays I'm missing at this point and in fights coming up right after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Are there any tips for doing passive transfers that I should know? I'm still doing the first tier of Urban Plague, and I'm too lazy to rearrange the abilities I have unless I have to.