Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
I bought this series on the steam lunar sale and i have a couple of questions.
How long, in real-time hours, is lobotomy corporation?
I know library is a direct sequel and while the gameplay aspect of lc appears to be fun, my main interest is really in library. If lc is one of those games that need 10s of hours of different playthroughs to get the true ending i think i would prefer to just read on the story and go on from there.

Sorry if it's a frequent question but i haven't scoured the thread for fear of spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

Archonex posted:

N Meursalt's ID is also situationally gamebreaking. This has to be mentioned.

Why yes, I want a stagger immune character who can block spam low speed enemies and take gently caress all of nothing in the way of damage while buffing himself to ever greater heights with every attack he blocks.

Even in fights where this isn't it putting a reliable method for him to heal on the team basically locks down one attack slot by forcing the gameplay equivalent of a whiff since his third skill also gives him a self heal. Likewise, certain bosses like the refraction robot effectively waste their gimmick if they grab him, since the dude can easily buff his defense and even then he's designed to literally be a tank.

Dude is just a massive brick wall meant to gently caress over the enemy's attack chain. If you're wanting to speed run content he's not that good, but otherwise he's a solid pick. Especially if you have the rest of the N corp ID's, meaning he can stack nails and Faust will synergize with him and Sinclair.

As a side note: The actual narrative poem is (outside of people in academia who refuse to consider it anything but one of the classics without considering the historical context behind it) an at least somewhat batshit insane self insert that gets wilder the more you know of the context and history behind it, so I wonder if we'll get that featured in some respect.

The whole thing is extremely easily read as the author doing a self insert humble brag about how great he is for most of it and how everyone who ever tried to moderate or help him is burning in hell up to and including his own mentor. Who all things considered given the contents of the work was probably a better person than he ever was.

Then after spending so long basically making a prideful jackass of himself (which by narrative is a good thing for him to do since again, this is a self insert where the author is a Marty Stu) he gets to go to heaven in such a way that even the church fathers of old themselves never got to do. Making him probably second to Jesus Christ himself after simping to incel degrees over a woman he creeped on in real life that didn't even know him and if I recall correctly was in fact happily married the entire time. Apparently coveting someone else's wife doesn't apply to him.

The whole thing is just layers of blasphemy on top of offensive content but since christians gonna christian it ended up being a hit since it also appealed to all their bigoted vanities (Like condemning literally the entire muslim world to one of the lowest depths of hell for being one of the gravest "enemies of christendom" for the grave sin of... uh, not letting the christians conquer them and genocide them out of existence like they would do to most of the european pagan faiths, basically.) and disgusting hypocrisies.

Basically, imagine if Donald Trump wrote christian self insert fanfiction and you have the idea of the context behind the book. It's honestly kind of depressing that it keeps getting referenced due to certain lovely religious types keeping it around in the public consciousness by treating it like apocryphal canon since it occasionally lets them use some of the themes in it as a bludgeon against minorities or whoever they want to oppress and persecute on any given month.

About the only worse christian fan fiction book would probably be Hammer of the Witches (Or as it's known in certain pop fiction, the "Malleus Maleficarum"), which was written in revenge by what was basically an angry ancient incel who got run out of an austrian town for harassing the women so much that they effectively exiled him from civilization to make him go away. :lol:

Edit: I forgot that he also wrote a lot of people he personally hated (other religions, personal enemies, etc, etc) as being in hell. Only problem was, from what I remember at least one of those guys was still alive at the time. Meaning it really might just be the most childishly spiteful fanfiction to ever be written.

There's also the problematic act of part of the character arc of Dante himself basically being "learn not to be empathetic to sinners, because they deserve their suffering so sayeth the lord (who is the author)". Which makes god in the book come off as an awful villain given how freely folks are condemned.

Not even close to an expert, and I actually agree with all you said, but part of the academic appeal is said to be due to it’s poetry not it’s content.
Also to your last paragraph it’s “hilarious” how one of the apocalyptic apocrypha, Peter’s, was condemned because, despite all sufferings depicted in it, said the prayers of the just could rescue their brethren from hell.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

AweStriker posted:

Also notably: Dante wrote Odysseus into Hell for the whole Trojan War stunt (and more broadly a number of Greeks because of, presumably, animosity that arose from there). Is that going to affect Outis in Limbus Company? The answer is a definite maybe.

I think Odysseus position is attributed more to it’s post-odyssey travels, the whole bad counsel thing being to convince his own men to sail to their doom.
Maybe Outis will not betray us but lead us to a doomed path.

Kefahuchi_son!!! fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 18, 2023

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
About the league of nine,
Do we know who all the sinners were playing? Some were mentioned by name but i didn’t get who Faust and Mersault were meant to be.
Also it seems almost certain we will encounter YoungGi in the future, but what about Faust’s character? The allusions to the sea and about the child they met seem like they will be relevant later on, unless they’re just references to it’s real life counterpart works.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
I do the dailies every second day or so, usually one normal mirror dungeon a week, and i still have almost every Id and Ego, all uptied to three, and golden boxes in the hundreds to spare, the only things i bought being the 2 battlepasses.
I understand them wanting people to spend a bit more so it's not bad as long as it is not mandatory for future story content.
The downside is now having to ponder whether uptying weak but fun units is worth it.

Kefahuchi_son!!! fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

LostRook posted:

My suggestion for a sixth is Cinq Outis. She's hits hard and works as a dodge tank which can be quite nice.

Then for the final fight against the Spiral a rupture team will dominate.

I also beat Railway yesterday for the 1st time and for the last 3 fights i used the BL team ( except outis and sinclair) plus Pequod Heath (just to draw aggro) and Cinq Outis.
Outis was definitely amazing, dodging almost everything while BL did the damage.